The Girl from Ipanema (origin story)

Archiviste

Bit of fiction I wrote in 2014 about a "new character", Beatriz da Fontaine. I never hoped she would end up here.

The parts between "<>"  are translated from the Portuguese.

Paragon City's City Hall, Meta-human Registration Office - Last Monday

Beatriz Anna Valentina Allegra da Fontaine was chewing on her pen, trying to figure out this miserável form in front of her.

"Please describe as best you can any meta-human or para-normal abilities you may possess:"

"I am quite strong, and I can't really be hurt, and I can make blades with my mind."

She bit her lips, closed her eyes a moment, and added.

"And I can make people forget I'm there."

Rodrigo Maldonado da Fontaine's family farm, on the outskirts of São Paulo, Brazil - 3 years ago

"<Fernanda, have you seen Beatriz?>"

"<No, Sehnor Rodrigo, not since breakfast.>"

"Papa? <I'm right here...>"

"<Where is she? I had asked her to help with the newborn calves this morning, and she's nowhere to be found!>"

"<I don't wanna.. I don't feel too good... Daddy? can you hear me?>"

"<BEATRIZ! WHERE ARE YOU!>"

"<I'M RIGHT HERE, DADDY! CAN'T YOU SEE ME? CAN'T YOU HEAR ME? I'M.. right.. he...>"

"<What was that... OH MY GOD! BEATRIZ! Fernanda, call the doctor, quick!>"

"... Sim, Sehnor Rodrigo!"

---

"<The doctor says you'll be fine, Angel. You just need to rest for a few days.>"

"<But Daddy! I could see you, hear you, but you did not see me! I was right there...>"

"<Shhhh... I know, and I'm sorry if I frightened you... but everything's going to be OK now.>"

"... sim, Papa..."

"<Daddy needs to go to work now. Go to sleep, I will see you later.>"

"<NOOO! NO, DON'T LEAVE ME! IF YOU GO I WILL DISAPPEAR AGAIN!!>"

"Shhhh... shhhhh.. meu pequeno anjo... <as long as I have you in my heart you will never disappear.. and I will have you in my heart, always...>"

"... sim, Papa..."

"<I can stay a little longer until you're asleep.>"

"... obrigado, Papa..."

Rio de Janeiro, Ipanema Beach - Last March

The young woman was staring at the sea when she heard being called out.

"<Hello, Yenny!>"

She turned and smiled at her newfound friend who had just reached her. "<Hello Bea. Have you thought about what I told you yesterday?>"

"<... well... I have to help Daddy with the new calves, and I have school... and...>"

"<It's OK, Bea. You do what you feel is right. When the times come, you'll know.>"

"... Ah... Sim."

The young woman smiled at her. "Vamos à praia?"

"Okay!"

Rodrigo Maldonado da Fontaine's family farm, on the outskirts of São Paulo, Brazil - Last May

"Anjo..."

"Sim, Papa?"

"<I have to go on an extended business trip, and I don't want you to stay alone on the farm. This is your sixteenth birthday present, Angel: where would you like to go? Ibiza? La Concha? Praia da Rocha Baixinha ?>"

"Paragon City, Papa!"

"<Paragon... that girl you hung out with during spring break was from there, yes?>"

"Sim, Papa!"

"<Hummm... Okay. Anything for you, Angel.>"

Paragon City's City Hall, Meta-human Registration Office - Last Monday

"Indicate someone to contact in case of emergency:"

She started to write "Rodrigo da Fo...", stopped, crossed it out and wrote instead:

"Jenny Herder, c/o Victoria Landsfeld Foundation".

Edited by Archiviste
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey! I am looking for pt-br players, if you have interest in playing with some brazillian, I can send you the discord link ,': 3 / Opa! Eu estou procurando por jogadores brasileiros, se você tem interesse em jogar com brs, posso te enviar o link do discord ,': D 

(Needed to create a new acount to make contact with you, since hotmail users are not receiving emails ,': c)

Edited by Plumbo

On 8/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, Plumbo said:

Hey! I am looking for pt-br players, if you have interest in playing with some brazillian, I can send you the discord link ,': 3 / Opa! Eu estou procurando por jogadores brasileiros, se você tem interesse em jogar com brs, posso te enviar o link do discord ,': D 

(Needed to create a new acount to make contact with you, since hotmail users are not receiving emails ,': c)

((
I think we "bumped" into each at the House of Tess event...
Like I told you, I am not brazilian, but rather canadian (french-canadian, to boot). I rely mostly on Google Translate for Bea's Portuguese expressions.  Sorry if I misled you (and others).
))

Edited by Archiviste
Typo