Recommendations for concept

diefree

So want to make a villian and have a concept in mind just not sure which powers are both fitting a good. He his a drug maker and seller. His drugs grant temporary super powers. He doesn't use them so will have body guards. So thinking mastermind.

I like mercenary looks but heard they're bad so thinking thugs or ninjas. The secondary not sure on. Personality wise he'll be professional but ruthless when crossed. Think Gus and Walter White combined. Any suggestions welcomed

Edited by diefree

Mercenaries or Thugs are clear winners for theme.  MAYBE Necromancy with the suggestion that they're drug-addicted to the point of starving themselves and looking like zombies.  

Poison sound the most appropriate for concept, but Poison can be a tricky Set to play well.  It -is- Powerful, but it takes some effort to get there.

Alternatively, Empathy or Pain Domination could be good for thematic purposes.  Nature Affinity for Herbal Remedies, maybe.  Kinetics or Radiation Emission are a bit of a stretch, but still workable for the concept.  Time Manipulation could also work, suggesting that it's the use of narcotics, stimulants, and depressants.

However, I also caution some care and consideration for the theme which you are planning to roleplay here.  Drug use and addiction carry a lot of stigma and potential baggage.  You can try to write around it by calling them "chemical compounds," "substances," and/or "chems" as substitute terms to help lessen the negative impact associated with the subject matter.  Overall, I think this community will be accepting and receptive of the character, but I will still caution and recommend taking care around the subject all the same.

• Like 2

Yea I'll definitely be making him a villian, not antihero, for this reason. He'll also be of the bishop mindset of let the free-market reign with no regard for consequences. He won't be muhaha evil but not someone you'll want to be either.

Partly creating him as a villian for my sg too.

1 hour ago, diefree said:

Yea I'll definitely be making him a villian, not antihero, for this reason. He'll also be of the bishop mindset of let the free-market reign with no regard for consequences. He won't be muhaha evil but not someone you'll want to be either.

Partly creating him as a villian for my sg too.

Well, if you intend on RPing with him around here... he might find some of his clients have been "converted" by Doctor Vex 😉

33 minutes ago, BasherBot said:

Well, if you intend on RPing with him around here... he might find some of his clients have been "converted" by Doctor Vex 😉

I intend to. My main and all right now are good heroes.

• Like 1

Your bodyguards need not be human.  You could do robot bodyguards if you wanted, etc.

But I admit, the concept screams out to me "Thugs/Poison" for a Walter White.  

Or perhaps "Ninja/Poison" if you wanted an eastern twist.

Also, I strongly recommend the "Experimentation" origin pool, since you can jab people with a needle for a few of it's powers.

Poison has POWERFUL debuffs, but the splash area on them isn't huge. That wouldn't be a problem for default difficulty.  But you might find this punishing if you wanted to crank up the difficulty to +2/x5 or so.  There might just be too many mobs to reliably debuff all you needed to.  So you can kittenize a boss and anything standing next to the boss, but if you have foes who are spread out, your thugs will be taking it on the chin hard.  I strongly recommend getting good with pulling them back to a corner or door and unleashing the venom as they clump up. 

You would do right fine on a team, as long as someone else is soaking the alpha.

Just be wary if you get a team of all damage dealers who wants your pets to tank for them. 

I had.... bad experiences.... with this way way back when CoV first launched with a Ninja/Poison character. It was pretty much the Debt Express.