Invite League to Custom Chat Channel?

Hi,
As a league leader, it would be VERY useful to be able to invite everyone in a league to a custom chat channel to give instructions. Does anyone know if there is such a command?

and if not, would it be a easy to add to the game?

"/chan_invite_team" exists for teams, but it does not appear to work for leagues (even though there is a command where you can invite your entire global friends list to a custom chat channel) .

P.S. I wasn't sure if I should post there here in suggestions, or in the help thread... hope this is correct...

As a fellow league leader...  Just use the Request channel.  Adding custom chat channels and inviting leagues to it would backfire.

A. It is yet another channel that would have to be added to the person’s chat tabs.

B. People would not use it.

C. Request channel fulfills the same purpose and is already on people’s chat tabs.

The basic problem members complain about is that they miss instructions from the league leader because the instruction blend in with all the other comments. 

@Apparition, darn if you're not correct! I had tested this out before and it didn't pan out, but I just tested it again and you're absolutely right... the request channel IS on people's chat at character creation!!!! I had believed that it wasn't.

Well, that works... thanks guys.

• Like 1

League already exists, has a sound notification that is destinct, has coloring that is distinct and all people have to do is set up the current tabs they have to have league. For example,.my bottom box has team, league and tells only, all others on top.

Sorry, not really needed.

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

League already exists, has a sound notification that is destinct, has coloring that is distinct and all people have to do is set up the current tabs they have to have league. For example,.my bottom box has team, league and tells only, all others on top.

Sorry, not really needed.

The problem with using League for instructions is that people can (and do), routinely miss instructions due to all of the league chit-chatter.  That's why I use the Request channel instead, and ask before hand to please make sure that they have the Request channel in one of their chat tabs, (which all players do by default, but just in case).

Request works well. Being a strong color that stands out is also a bonus.

Now if League leader chat could default to a highlighted color.. that'd be cool to.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum