What I play but never see another of...

Jaguaratron

15 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I recently made an earth/earth dom. It looks like it should be a lot of fun.

I've never had one with an IO build or permadom but I did find earth/earth actually great fun, nonetheless. I'd love to have one really kitted out.

Just...have to run with the speakers turned down low. LOL.

1 hour ago, Twisted Toon said:

I play on Reunion.

I haven't seen any other Grav/Time Controllers there.

But, it seems to be the 5th most popular Controller combination.

It's even able to hold some AVs all by their lonesome.

Granted, I have a chance of hold in about 4 or 5 powers to go with the 3 holds I have.

That might have something to do with it.

Not on Reunion but I have a grav/time on Everlasting. It's actually a really good combo. Even soloing through the low levels was a breeze as, relatively speaking, it seemed to hit hard, which isn't something I normally associate with controllers pre pets.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I run a FF/Dark defender and 1. I don't think I've seen many bubblers, period and 2. never one paired with dark blast.  

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

I run a FF/Dark defender and 1. I don't think I've seen many bubblers, period and 2. never one paired with dark blast.  

FF/FB defender here (redside). A whole 14 of us!

My forum reading would lead me to believe FF is superfluous in an IO-dominated game.

So far though, he's quite the terror. 😈 I plan to take him to the incarnate game just to see how the build performs.

Apparently my habit of building based on theme has me building lesser-used combos…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Trick Arrow.  I've never teamed with one on HC.

You could just as easily have teamed with one every night and never known it.  If it weren't for the visuals from OSA or the audio from Disruption Arrow, even a TA wouldn't know if they were doing something.

ETA: Not that there is anything wrong with TA.  Could be a little less endurance-heavy, but other than that it's a fine set that I've learned to appreciate the hard way.

Edited by roleki
Not Against TA!

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

7 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

I'm really surprised there is only one (at that point) SR/Mace tank. I'd have thought that would be a pretty strong combo. Might try one when I have finished my Ice/stone melee and Rad/Claws.

It would be, but not as strong and pretty as EA/Mace.   😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

I'm really surprised there is only one (at that point) SR/Mace tank. I'd have thought that would be a pretty strong combo. Might try one when I have finished my Ice/stone melee and Rad/Claws.

I skimmed the thread, and Mace/SR is very rare across every AT actually!

I don't think they're rare for mechanical reasons. Mace is one of the very very best melee sets, SR is also extraordinarily good, so the combination should be pretty stellar.

I would put money on it being a flavor thing. War Mace is a slow, smashy, brute force set that feels really at odds with SR's elegant, precise, "I dodge everything you throw at me". I think if you can get a concept that works for both of those, you're in business.

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Crater Kate said:

I skimmed the thread, and Mace/SR is very rare across every AT actually!

I don't think they're rare for mechanical reasons. Mace is one of the very very best melee sets, SR is also extraordinarily good, so the combination should be pretty stellar.

I would put money on it being a flavor thing. War Mace is a slow, smashy, brute force set that feels really at odds with SR's elegant, precise, "I dodge everything you throw at me". I think if you can get a concept that works for both of those, you're in business.

It could well be. I have a bunch of SRs Stalkers, scrappers, tanks, even a sentinel. Only one mace so far though, a WM/Bio scrapper, which is just a force of destruction. So I know how good they are individually. I think they will mesh together well too. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a concept for one, I'll just need to have a look at what mace types there are again to see what fits.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

9 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Supposedly there are rather a lot of Psi/Energy Stalkers around. But I've never seen one "in the wild", other than my own

I have one, around level 35 or so. That chart only shows those that made it to 50 back in March, I believe, so it doesn't count any others that may exist.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

I made an Ice/Martial Dominator and it was even one of my first 50s on HC, but I think I've seen another maybe...once?  If that.  Not that I play mine much anymore, either.  It's not bad by any means, it's just...not quite what I want from the combo, either.

Fire/Ninja Sent.  Not many Sents out there to begin with and have yet to see another with that combo.  I am certain they exist, they just never seem to end up on the same teams as I do.

My TW/Ninja Scrapper is another one I have not seen.  Plays like a stalker with a giant sword.  The wind up is like AS out of combat then quickly dispatch everything else and move on to the next group.  I imagine there are plenty out there but the long animation time on many TW powers is enough of a turn off that they don't get played as much.

1 hour ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I have one, around level 35 or so. That chart only shows those that made it to 50 back in March, I believe, so it doesn't count any others that may exist.

Yes... I know when the data was pulled.

It showed that as-of March there were 267 at level 50. One of those was mine.

I'm positive that there were even more that, like yours, hadn't made it to 50 yet. Just like there are bound to be others now that have been made and leveled since those statistics were posted. 

What was odd to me was that it was one of the more popular Stalker combinations, but my own was the only one I'd actually seen in-game. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 8/6/2020 at 5:37 AM, Jaguaratron said:

Both of these are incredibly powerful

I have a baby fire/fire stalker, and to say it is 'incredible' is well...not true. Maybe AFTER X millions of IOs. But fire armour as a stalker sec is not great at all, out of the box. And fire melee has no mitigation at all.

I've got a few rare ones - Cold/Beam defender, Rad/Dark corruptor, SR/Staff tank.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

On 8/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, Twisted Toon said:

I play on Reunion.

I haven't seen any other Grav/Time Controllers there.

But, it seems to be the 5th most popular Controller combination.

It's even able to hold some AVs all by their lonesome.

I've a grav/time controller.  In his 40's, and using only standard IOs, I was able to immobilize the drop ship at the end of the Mothership Raid...twice.  The second occasion I did it just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, or someone else pulling the strings the time before.  Believe me, I was shocked, and apparently several others were as well, based on the comments.  If I could do that before 50, I can see how an Incarnate version could really give an AV a bad day.

What I play, but can't recall having ever seen is a water/mental blaster.  In fact, I built it just to see how crazy it might be.  I'm sure there are others, I just can't recall having ever run into them.

Edited by Grasshopper

On 8/6/2020 at 6:57 PM, Skyhawke said:

FF / Dark here!

I really enjoyed this combination.  It takes defence and -to hit to extremes.  Is it the most damaging?  No.  But that isn't its role.  I consider it a Force Field tank.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Jaguaratron said:

As it says in the title, post what powersets you play but never see others of

Fire/Fire stalker - I have seen ONE other fire armour stalker but he didnt have fire melee

Earth/Earth Dominator

Both of these are incredibly powerful, synergistic and fun yet just dont see others.

Currently working on my Earth/Earth dom.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:23 AM, Razor Cure said:

I have a baby fire/fire stalker, and to say it is 'incredible' is well...not true. Maybe AFTER X millions of IOs. But fire armour as a stalker sec is not great at all, out of the box. And fire melee has no mitigation at all.

Its a monster, its highly capable once you get healing flames alone (which is at level 4) so long as you drop in a KB protection IO, the rest of the low level play is just the same as everything else, low level play. Its not missing much in resistance terms to any of the other resistance sets

You dont open with AS, you open with Fire Sword Circle for the crits, drop burn and laugh as you run off to kill another group

12 minutes ago, Jaguaratron said:

rest of the low level play is just the same as everything else

No, it isnt. Low level is about 1-20 right? And playing those sets with +recovery powers is WAY better than ones without. Also, any stalker primary with an AoE can open with it..hardly exclusive to Fire Melee. Burn is also lvl 26..hardly low level.

Again, I am not saying either set is bad, but you are vastly over selling it as a lowbie.

Also, defence is king, and doubley so on stalkers with lower hp caps, no wanting to get hit as you line up AS.

18 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

No, it isnt. Low level is about 1-20 right? And playing those sets with +recovery powers is WAY better than ones without. Also, any stalker primary with an AoE can open with it..hardly exclusive to Fire Melee. Burn is also lvl 26..hardly low level.

Again, I am not saying either set is bad, but you are vastly over selling it as a lowbie.

Also, defence is king, and doubley so on stalkers with lower hp caps, no wanting to get hit as you line up AS.

lvl 26 is a day of solo play, I cant help you with your issues if you cant see the value in the heal at level 4 which has a much reduced cooldown over the other clicky heals, fortunately theres plenty of other combos that will suit you.

Also as a FYI, HIDE gives stalkers 40% aoe defence at BASE when hidden so your point on not wanting to hit while lining up an AS is flawed.