4 hours ago, damienray said:

I'm just checking - haven't seen any new stuff in the CoH Modder in a bit. Am I not connecting, or are things just quiet for now? Thanks 😁

If you wanna go internet archive diving for old mods we can add.... 😉

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It seems like not many people are interested in making client side mods for CoH, even with all of the tools that I provided to make it easier to figure out how to do so.... 😛

Perhaps CoH really is dead, and we're just playing around with the remains of its corpse at this point. It certainly isn't the explosive resurgence that I expected it to be after the source code was leaked, that's for sure...

Hell, I'm pretty sure that the original Wolfenstein 3D from the 80s has a more vibrant modding community than CoH has. I wonder why...

Edited by The Philotic Knight

I disagree. I enjoy mods myself. Both costume and sound mods. (The Beam Rifle sound mod has become a NECESSITY for me.) I think this forum is poorly laid out to make such things available. It is not in any way obvious where to look. You have to do some hunting. I truly believe that if we had a dedicated "Client Side Modifications" sub-forum that a LOT more people would download and mod. 

In fact I came here today because I'm going to post a Daft Punk music replacement mix for Pocket D. 

EDIT: OK - it would help things IMMENSELY if you would use something to compress your program OTHER than 7 Zip. Because apparently I can't use that on my computer. 

Edited by Dynamo-Joe

Perhaps it's the lack of need for mods beyond what exists?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

43 minutes ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

EDIT: OK - it would help things IMMENSELY if you would use something to compress your program OTHER than 7 Zip. Because apparently I can't use that on my computer. 

You mean the program won't run on your computer? Or you need the program?

I just installed the 64 Bit x64 and it went smooth. Are you getting an error or it isn't opening things?

Ok change the program to 7-ZipFM. So right click and go to Open With then Choose Another App and then find the 7-Zip file and choose 7-ZipFM file.

Edited by Nerio72
left out a step

That did it! Thanks! Aaand now I'm a bit embarrassed... turns out I already HAD uploaded my Daft Punk mix and forgot I'd done it! Whoops! ^_^;;

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

That did it! Thanks! Aaand now I'm a bit embarrassed... turns out I already HAD uploaded my Daft Punk mix and forgot I'd done it! Whoops! ^_^;;

ACTUALLY, I added it "for you" months ago based on our PM conversation that I'm not surprised was forgotten... as I was going through all of the old "mod threads" and trying to find pre-existing mods to add into the system... 😛