CoH Modder

Thank you 🙂

Side note: if you create a local mod and don't publish it, application shows an error box once, but if you click on it in the "uninstalled mods" list, the same error message will appear non stop until you force close the app.

unknown.png.bf77aa7e60e7594f29fdac5df7a085f8.png

2 hours ago, Zed said:

Thank you 🙂

Side note: if you create a local mod and don't publish it, application shows an error box once, but if you click on it in the "uninstalled mods" list, the same error message will appear non stop until you force close the app.

unknown.png.bf77aa7e60e7594f29fdac5df7a085f8.png

YYyyyyyyeaah.... in the next version (if I ever make a next version, lots of stuff going on right now), I'm going to take that "local mod" functionality out. I kind of expected a ton of people to be making mods, saving them, and trading them. But that... never materialized. I guess I just made it too easy by storing mods on my own server and letting them download and install with just one or two button clicks... heh.

I'm out.

Something I'd really like to have: get rid of the "random trash" projectiles of Grav's [Propel], and replace it with rocks or a boulder yanked from the ground, like Super Strength or the Legacy Chain earth-flinger guys. ALSO, would love to be able to never see the "Christmas Gift" throwing nonsense, ever again. It was cute... exactly once. I don't want to be forced to see it, ever again.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

YYyyyyyyeaah.... in the next version (if I ever make a next version, lots of stuff going on right now), I'm going to take that "local mod" functionality out. I kind of expected a ton of people to be making mods, saving them, and trading them. But that... never materialized. I guess I just made it too easy by storing mods on my own server and letting them download and install with just one or two button clicks... heh.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on the plugins that the devs had mentioned once to me early on in the new Launcher's testing. I'm sure that's on a list, but not quite ripe yet.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I'm not sure if it's my install or something with the mod, but I installed the "Silent Recharge" mod to quiet the 'blart' that you get when trying to activate a power before it recharges -- I have a number of characters that have another power on autofire and rebind 'w' to try to fire Hasten as well as move, so I get it a lot -- and while it did replace the stock sound, it replaced it with a sharp percussive sound that's even more distracting. Is this the sound that it's supposed to be replacing the 'not recharged' sound with?

On 8/23/2021 at 6:41 PM, srmalloy said:

I'm not sure if it's my install or something with the mod, but I installed the "Silent Recharge" mod to quiet the 'blart' that you get when trying to activate a power before it recharges -- I have a number of characters that have another power on autofire and rebind 'w' to try to fire Hasten as well as move, so I get it a lot -- and while it did replace the stock sound, it replaced it with a sharp percussive sound that's even more distracting. Is this the sound that it's supposed to be replacing the 'not recharged' sound with?

You'll have to talk with the Mod author @Starhammer about that one. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot it:

image.png.a32c9dcea74fd4995f63a665217d88b8.png

I'm out.

• 2 weeks later

Hey I added a mod called Beam Rifle Kata-mashup

It's a beam rifle sound pack for people who would like the SFX to be a bit more -average- and less distracting. not to mention it is a bit more universal sounding across attacks, so it should drown out on it's own next to other SFX rather than screaming over it.

it combines sound files and takes ques from both the pew pew beam rifle sound pack and the terminator pack. Effectively why I called it a mash up, I had things I liked about both, so I made both worlds collide. Enjoy!! 

• Thanks 1

I just came across this tool and it looks great. Unsurprisingly, it did not recognize the mods I had previously installed manually; but my question is do I have to manually delete those? I have some that I don't see in the list so I don't want to remove the entire data folder.

Similarly, will "Fresh Start" wipe out mods that were not installed with the tool?

Thanks for the hard work!

3 minutes ago, Perfect Square said:

I just came across this tool and it looks great. Unsurprisingly, it did not recognize the mods I had previously installed manually; but my question is do I have to manually delete those? I have some that I don't see in the list so I don't want to remove the entire data folder.

Similarly, will "Fresh Start" wipe out mods that were not installed with the tool?

Thanks for the hard work!

You don't have to manually delete them, but any mods you may install MAY override them. Your best bet is to back up your CoH directory's Data folder before installing ANY mods.

And yes, the Fresh Start button will delete your Data directory entirely, so you don't want to do that until you've made a backup.

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:13 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

You'll have to talk with the Mod author @Starhammer about that one. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot it:

image.png.a32c9dcea74fd4995f63a665217d88b8.png

No, not at all. I couldn't even get it to work that well, it just failed to load and caused a repeating error I couldn't escape. It needs to just be removed. A functional one was built for me. Clearly building mods is not my lane 😞

1 hour ago, Starhammer said:

No, not at all. I couldn't even get it to work that well, it just failed to load and caused a repeating error I couldn't escape. It needs to just be removed. A functional one was built for me. Clearly building mods is not my lane 😞

Oh, no problems. It's been removed from the system.

I'm out.

oh wow it seems I managed to duplicate my muted recharge sound mod

I wanted it to be Completely Muted Recharge Sound, but tiredly typed sounds.

upon correcting it, I had realized too late that It wasn't going to -update the name- but rather create a duplicate with the corrected name

48 minutes ago, Terius said:

oh wow it seems I managed to duplicate my muted recharge sound mod

I wanted it to be Completely Muted Recharge Sound, but tiredly typed sounds.

upon correcting it, I had realized too late that It wasn't going to -update the name- but rather create a duplicate with the corrected name

So, are you saying that the second one here, should completely replace the first one? Is that what I'm hearing?

image.png.7bd7f6aa4befded0dda83b57f71de867.png

I'm out.

4 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

Still loving this program! I'm curious, though, if there is any plan to display other helpful info in the UI? I would find it helpful being able to sort the mod list by date added or updated, author name, number of downloads or file size, even.

I had no plans to do so, but I'll take it under advisement. I have other things that are occupying my time at this moment, but if my time ever frees up, I'll see what I can do. It does sound like quite a bit of work though for very little payoff, as this is the first time this has been requested, and I didn't think that the list was really all that big, as there's less than 200 mods total on there.

Now you CAN reduce the list to the TYPE of mod that you desire, be it maps, graphics, audio, etc. While I can see the benefit to file size information, I am curious, what the use of being able to sort by number of downloads is? I've never been a big fan of that, as it appears to me to promote a herd mentality.

I'm out.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I had no plans to do so, but I'll take it under advisement. I have other things that are occupying my time at this moment, but if my time ever frees up, I'll see what I can do. It does sound like quite a bit of work though for very little payoff, as this is the first time this has been requested, and I didn't think that the list was really all that big, as there's less than 200 mods total on there.

Now you CAN reduce the list to the TYPE of mod that you desire, be it maps, graphics, audio, etc. While I can see the benefit to file size information, I am curious, what the use of being able to sort by number of downloads is? I've never been a big fan of that, as it appears to me to promote a herd mentality.

Really, the only detail I miss the most from other MMO mod apps is being able to easily see the latest additions or updates. While the mod list is indeed short, relatively speaking, I don't have every mod that I've already seen and skipped committed to memory. It would just be handy to know at a glance when something new pops up, that's all.  If it doesn't appeal to anyone else or would be more trouble than it's worth, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the consideration.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

1 hour ago, Dungeoness said:

Really, the only detail I miss the most from other MMO mod apps is being able to easily see the latest additions or updates. While the mod list is indeed short, relatively speaking, I don't have every mod that I've already seen and skipped committed to memory. It would just be handy to know at a glance when something new pops up, that's all.  If it doesn't appeal to anyone else or would be more trouble than it's worth, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the consideration.

Like I said, I'll consider it when my other project is all wrapped up. Until then, if you code, you could always make the change yourself, the source code is available. 😁

I'm out.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:50 AM, Zed said:

Noticed this one with 'Silent Recharge' just now.