CoH Modder

1 hour ago, Milk Sheik said:

Tried that just now (Googled how) and tried to make an exception in my antivirus as well. No go.

image.png.79187028bc96a66a3b4155a907839b6f.png

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you see when you enter "21" into the port field on this page and click the Check button?

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Edited by The Philotic Knight
I'm out.

It's closed, according to that site.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

1 minute ago, Milk Sheik said:

It's closed, according to that site.

So... then it looks like you've got some more troubleshooting to do - use that site as your test, and do whatever you can until it says that port is open. It may be getting blocked by any Internet Security programs you have, by Windows Defender Firewall, by your router, by your internet modem, or even by your internet service provider.

I can't help you any more from this end, unfortunately... that requires in-person troubleshooting. 😢

I'm out.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

So... then it looks like you've got some more troubleshooting to do - use that site as your test, and do whatever you can until it says that port is open. It may be getting blocked by any Internet Security programs you have, by Windows Defender Firewall, by your router, by your internet modem, or even by your internet service provider.

I can't help you any more from this end, unfortunately... that requires in-person troubleshooting. 😢

Okay, Thanks for the help -- that site is handy. I'll do what I can. I've got AVG Antivirus, which is not the most common antiviral program among my friends and sooooo often more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: There's a happy ending -- I found the VidiotMaps file in another forum thread, which was really all I was looking for right now. I downloaded it manually and now Cimerora looks good.

Edited by Milk Sheik
Update -- worked around problem.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

1 minute ago, Milk Sheik said:

Okay, Thanks for the help -- that site is handy. I'll do what I can. I've got AVG Antivirus, which is not the most common antiviral program among my friends and sooooo often more trouble than it's worth.

I don't think it's AVG. I run AVG myself, and it's never blocked my FTP port before. It must be something else.

I'm out.

18 hours ago, Sovera said:

To be fair with PK I had the same reaction yesterday when I tried to explain to someone how to copy a macro from the chat and they answered they didn't know how to (they also gave up even after I and the team piped in trying to explain 'click on text, drag cursor to select text, control C').

My own first reaction was 'how can you be on a computer, in a MMO, and not know how to copy text?'.

That said yes, it is as you've said afterwards, we are all just so used to things that we take them for absolute granted. Welcome back to CoH and good news on making it work!

Thank you so much!

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

In the past I resisted downloading the CoH Modder and instead downloaded the Vidiotmaps and installed each of the 3 different packs. It was a time consuming pain in the neck, but I can follow instructions so I was able to do it. Later, I uninstalled the maps once some updates made them no longer accurate.

Yesterday I finally decided to download CoH Modder and give it a try. Within 2 minutes it was on my machine and had installed the Vidiotmaps pack. So if you are skeptical about using CoH Modder, as I was, my experience was that it was fast and easy and I didn't even have to read any instructions.

Thanks for making this, @The Philotic Knight And thanks for making the interface sensible so that a non-programmer like myself was able to figure it out how to operate it within seconds.

Ok, now you kids get off my lawn.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, Talesin2 said:

Do you have any idea what the sound file associated with all Stone Armor's armor toggles is?  I have tried and failed to find the appropriate .ogg file to replace.  Any help would be appreciated.

Which toggle? Almost all of the powers are toggles:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Stone_Armor

I'm out.

All of the toggles in Stone armor share a looping sound that is best described as a low rumble.  I stood in a quiet space in my SG base and then toggled each power on and off.  All except Mud Pots share this same sound.

I looked through the PIGG files located in the HC folder to find the sound but I could not find it.  I found a few that sound very similar and despite the fact that I used the same technique that your tool uses to eliminate those sounds, I could not get them out of the game.  I think perhaps I have missed the critical sound.  Specifically I replaced all of the following files using the silence ogg file.

glow5_loop

glow6_loop

glow9b_loop

Rumble1_loop

rumble8

stone_crumble

stone_crumble2

If you know anything that would be helpful I would appreciate it.  Sorry I was not more specific in my last post.  I wish there was a file I could find which would tell me which ogg file is specifically played when a toggle is activated.

p.s. I just retested and it seems that all the armors are playing two different sounds.  One is a starting noise and then the low rumble power which is in all of the Stone Armor toggles (including Mud Pots) but while the other end their starting sounds, only Mud Pots loops its bubbling sound continuously on top of the low rumble.

Edited by Talesin2
retested for clarification

1 hour ago, Talesin2 said:

I wish there was a file I could find which would tell me which ogg file is specifically played when a toggle is activated.

I am not sure if it is still available, but The Philotic Knight generated a Rosetta Stone spreadsheet that contained the sound file info for all (or nearly all) sounds in the game. I looked in my local copy and found the following files associated with Stone Armor:

SOUND\OGG\POWERS\MOLTENSTONE
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\MOLTEN_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE4
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\GLOW5_LOOP (listed above)
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\GRANITEEXPLO
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\HEAL1
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\REGEN8C
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\GRANITE3
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\MINERAL_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\GLOW6_LOOP (listed above)
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\MUDPOTS_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE6

You already listed a couple, which I noted above, but I'd try some of those, starting with the ones that end in _LOOP. I'd start with STONE_LOOP, as it looks like it shows up in several of the toggles for that set.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not sure if it is still available, but The Philotic Knight generated a Rosetta Stone spreadsheet that contained the sound file info for all (or nearly all) sounds in the game. I looked in my local copy and found the following file associated with Stone Armor:

SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE4
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\HEAL1
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\REGEN8C
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE6

You already listed a couple, which I noted above, but I'd try some of those, starting with the ones that end in _LOOP. I'd start with STONE_LOOP, as it looks like it shows up in several of the toggles for that set.

Thanks so much for this info.  I will try and see if any of these work.

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not sure if it is still available, but The Philotic Knight generated a Rosetta Stone spreadsheet that contained the sound file info for all (or nearly all) sounds in the game. I looked in my local copy and found the following file associated with Stone Armor:

SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE4
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\HEAL1
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\REGEN8C
SOUND\OGG\POWERS\STONE6

You just saved the set for me.  I just replaced all of the ones you listed (except the Granite, heal and regen ones) and it worked!  Thanks so much.  Maybe at some point I will figure out which one is the background drone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Talesin2 said:

Maybe at some point I will figure out which one is the background drone.

Glad it helped! I pulled STONE_LOOP out of the piggs and while I am not familiar with the sounds that power set makes, it certainly seemed to fit the description of the low rumble you posted earlier. I've attached it here if you want to check.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

I've just added a "Numbered Inspirations" mod into the CoH Modder.

Just FYI a user recently reported an issue with this particular mod. In the process of digging I found an older post that appears to be the same issue. The user in the first report was able to correct the issue by setting the world texture quality to medium or higher. Seeing that solution, coupled with the 'scrambled' appearance of the textures in both reports, leads me to suspect that the issue might be the same one I ran into earlier this year in my first few batches of map mods. There is more info in this post, but in a nutshell several of the image to DDS converters I tried all set the 'number of mipmaps' flag in the DDS header to 1, when it should have been set to 0.

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Just FYI a user recently reported an issue with this particular mod. In the process of digging I found an older post that appears to be the same issue. The user in the first report was able to correct the issue by setting the world texture quality to medium or higher. Seeing that solution, coupled with the 'scrambled' appearance of the textures in both reports, leads me to suspect that the issue might be the same one I ran into earlier this year in my first few batches of map mods. There is more info in this post, but in a nutshell several of the image to DDS converters I tried all set the 'number of mipmaps' flag in the DDS header to 1, when it should have been set to 0.

Could you maybe fix that up for me? I honestly have no idea how I'd do that. I think I just used GIMP to export those with a plugin of some sort, but I don't even recall which. I'd consider it a personal favor if you could for me. 😄

I'm out.

6 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Could you maybe fix that up for me? I honestly have no idea how I'd do that. I think I just used GIMP to export those with a plugin of some sort, but I don't even recall which. I'd consider it a personal favor if you could for me. 😄

Sure, I am happy to look into it. I am not 100% certain that the issue is what I think it is, but signs point that way. GIMP was one of the converters that I tried that caused the issue, but honestly all the converters I tried caused it and I ended up having to fix it post-conversion via a script. I am not sure if that will be the best route here, but I'll let you know!

• Thanks 1

The issue was what I thought it was. I've fixed it and updated the files in CoH Modder, where the mod should now appear as version 2. PK, I ended up tweaking an existing script to process all the texture files. It's a really simple 20-line Python script that replicates the basic function of the detexturizer tool, and the part that fixes the textures is a single line. There's probably not a huge need for it, but if it's something you think you might want to integrate into the detexturizer just let me know and I am happy to share.

9 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The issue was what I thought it was. I've fixed it and updated the files in CoH Modder, where the mod should now appear as version 2. PK, I ended up tweaking an existing script to process all the texture files. It's a really simple 20-line Python script that replicates the basic function of the detexturizer tool, and the part that fixes the textures is a single line. There's probably not a huge need for it, but if it's something you think you might want to integrate into the detexturizer just let me know and I am happy to share.

Thank you! If you want to send me the script, I can look at it and see if I can implement its functionality into the DeTexturizer... but that program doesn't mess with the DDS file itself right now current state - it literally just reads the file and writes the file as-is on a byte-by-byte basis, making NO modifications to it whatsoever. So, if changes are happening to the graphics files, they're happening when the editing person processes the file in their graphics processing program of choice. I could try to figure out how to modify the DDS file manually to set that bit every time appropriately while Texturizing, but I'd have to know how it's done first.

I'm out.

So I'm feeling really dense here. I've downloaded the mod but the problem I have is I'm not sure what directory to unzip it to. I don't seem to actually have a CoH directory, I launch the game from the HC launcher. I unzipped the mod into the game directory with the launcher but it's still asking me to point it to the right place. Doing a search for COH or City of Heroes on my C drive comes up empty. 

Is there a specific folder in the launcher I should put the mod file in or do I need to manually install the game separate from the launcher for this to work? 

17 minutes ago, Maestro Mavius said:

So I'm feeling really dense here. I've downloaded the mod but the problem I have is I'm not sure what directory to unzip it to. I don't seem to actually have a CoH directory, I launch the game from the HC launcher. I unzipped the mod into the game directory with the launcher but it's still asking me to point it to the right place. Doing a search for COH or City of Heroes on my C drive comes up empty. 

Is there a specific folder in the launcher I should put the mod file in or do I need to manually install the game separate from the launcher for this to work? 

The folder should be \Homecoming (it would be wherever you told it to install, but if you don't know, a search for Homecoming should find it)

Edited by Nerio72
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
48 minutes ago, Myamoto Musashi said:

Or is it just me?

It's not just you. I also cannot get the CoH modder page to open at the moment. It may just be a temporary issue so I'd give it a little while and try back later.

Confirmed both the main page and link are working now

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)