CoH Modder

36 minutes ago, Sanxion said:

Same problem here

Check my post at this link for a potential fix to your specific problem.

Regarding the other issues that have been posted, I am not sure of the best way to fix them. I am just an end-user like the rest of you and am not involved with the CoH Modder at all. I was able to post that specific fix I linked because I encountered (and fixed) it myself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

I can't help with the database connection error, but the VidiotMaps error is because the name of the VM mod was changed to just plain 'VidiotMaps'. Here's what you can do to stop the VM error:

1. Go to your <CoH Install Folder>\mods folder
  2. In either that folder, or in the 'installed' sub-folder (likely the latter), you should see a file called 'vidiotmaps_i26_coh_modder.zip'
  3. Move that .zip file out of your CoH directory to a safe place (and retain it for now)

CoH Modder should now run without displaying that VidiotMaps error. I have now updated vidiotmaps for i27p4 so you'll need to search through the uninstalled server mods list for 'VidiotMaps' and install that. It is currently on version 2 (v2) as of the time of this post.

Once you have installed the new 'VidiotMaps' version and verified that the maps are working properly in-game, it should be safe to delete the ''vidiotmaps_i26_coh_modder.zip' file (that was moved in step 3 above) if you wish.

I was having the same problem. I had already installed the newest VidiotMaps (v2), and after getting rid of the old one that was causing problems (just cut/paste to an unrelated folder), everything worked perfectly. Thank you very much. Simple fix with good directions 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • Game Master
On 8/31/2022 at 7:41 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

Check my post at this link for a potential fix to your specific problem.

Regarding the other issues that have been posted, I am not sure of the best way to fix them. I am just an end-user like the rest of you and am not involved with the CoH Modder at all. I was able to post that specific fix I linked because I encountered (and fixed) it myself.

I can confirm, it works. I was having the exact same errors and once I had removed the old vidiotmaps files from the mods and backup folders it ran smoothly

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I can confirm, it works. I was having the exact same errors and once I had removed the old vidiotmaps files from the mods and backup folders it ran smoothly

Yeah, it was mentioned long time ago that the app didn't play nice with existing mods, so the direction was to (re)move the existing mods and then use the app to install them again (from its database).

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Game Master
On 9/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, WanderingAries said:

Yeah, it was mentioned long time ago that the app didn't play nice with existing mods, so the direction was to (re)move the existing mods and then use the app to install them again (from its database).

The problem with really long threads is you end up missing the important information.  I know I had to search for ages and read a lot of pages before I came across the important info I needed 🙂

Hopefully being at the tail end people will skip to the end and see it.

Edited by GM Crumpet

• 2 weeks later

So, has this been dropped? I was getting the "not logged in" popup, tried to delete things to reinstall, tried to find out how to reinstall CoH Modder itself, by going to the CityOfPlayer site noted in the first post, and just got "NOPE / I'm out."

image.png.2b4f14ba614a87b79a9067d93d98bb63.png

27 minutes ago, SnoBahr said:

So, has this been dropped?

I am not sure, but The Philotic Knight changed their forum handle to '_NOPE_' and I was just met with a lot of errors when I tried to open CoH modder. I am going to try again when I get home but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned by this.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not sure, but The Philotic Knight changed their forum handle to '_NOPE_' and I was just met with a lot of errors when I tried to open CoH modder. I am going to try again when I get home but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned by this.

Given Troo mentioned "looks like you chased him off" (apparently directed at the devs) regarding PK in the force field feedback thread... yeah.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Booper unpinned this topic
19 minutes ago, ember7401 said:

Well dang sorry to hear there's techincal issues.. I  tried to load it and got lots of errrors.. On the Plus side my mods still seem to be working. Sorry to hear  someone got ran off.. thats not good to hear.

There's not technical issues, other than the result of what the author feels they've been driven to (or away from.)

And this topic, oh GM, shouldn't have been unpinned. People are going to look to find out what's going on.

image.png.1876663d84a587a5895054779de308c3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 minutes ago, CrystalDragon said:

I will be watching the space, a shame honestly, I quite liked the app and the access to the mods for the game. Sort of an immature reaction to some unknown slight it looks like. Either way, carry on folks.

You can't say that it's an "immature reaction" because you don't know what happened. But feel free to continue insulting a pillar of this community who's done far more for this community than you and I combined ever will.

In some situations simply taking your ball and going home is the mature reaction.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• City Council
7 hours ago, Greycat said:

And this topic, oh GM, shouldn't have been unpinned. People are going to look to find out what's going on

There is no longer an accessible tool, so there is nothing to pin. The thread is not closed nor hidden. 

If the tool returns (either from Nope, Michiyo, or someone else) it will get re-pinned.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

what happen to site i cant get in  or update it help nvm

On 8/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, _NOPE_ said:

I will be using this page to note updates to, and new mods found/created for the CoH Modder tool, which can be found here.

To start with, I'm probably going to (as I have time), go through the old list of existing mods and start converting them one by one to this program's new format, to make for easy installation.

I'm also going to be trying to contact mod authors and letting them know about this tool, so that hopefully it inspires them to make more mods!

Please use this space to discuss this application, make feature/bugfix requests, and post links to your own CoH mods!

Here's a good intro video that @Solarverse created:

Edited by darkbunnie