CoH Modder

11 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@arthurh35353 do you have some sort of custom DPI setup on your windows installation, or the default text size changed, or something like that?

I do use a UHD TV for my monitor, so yes I do have to have the fonts boosted to be able to read anything.

And I must not be getting the COH Mod installed right in the Bin/Win32/Live folder... It's giving file exceptions.

Edited by arthurh35353

The actual CoH Modder program doesn't have to be in any specific location @arthurh35353 , you can run it from anywhere. In fact, I'd recommend NOT installing it into either the CoH folder or any of your regular system folders, just stick it in some other location, and then use the Browse button inside the app to point to your CoH installation.

Edited by The Philotic Knight
I'm out.

7 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

The actual CoH Modder program doesn't have to be in any specific location @arthurh35353 , you can run it from anywhere. In fact, I'd recommend NOT installing it into either the CoH folder or any of your regular system folders, just stick it in some other location, and then use the Browse button inside the app to point to your CoH installation.

But this would be the correct folder, right? 

D:\City of Heroes Homecoming\bin\win32\live\

1 hour ago, arthurh35353 said:

To install the CoH Modder to? No. Some random folder somewhere.

To point the CoH Root Directory to within the CoH Modder program? If you're using the new Homecoming Launcher, then no, you point it to D:\City of Heroes Homecoming\, the root directory that contains all of the subdirectories.

I'm out.

Just to reiterate what Knight has said...

Modder Tool Download can literally go anywhere accept your CoH Folder or your homecoming folder.

The directory for your mods should be (depending on what launcher you use) \CityofHeroes folder or if you are using the new Homcoming Launcher, then you direct your mods to the \homecoming folder.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, The Philotic Knight said:

@Frazier , @WanderingAries is correct, the program just looks for the CoH executable in the folder you point it to. It doesn't care WHERE that is, it can be anywhere. As long as the app can find the CoH program executable, it'll work just fine. Everything else is relative to that. I have no absolute paths hard coded in, they are all relative from the CoH root directory.

This definitely doesn't work pointing at the root Homecoming folder. 

The executable files are in the Bin/Win32/live or bin/win64/live (or sub beta for live) and the .piggs are in the assets/live or assets/beta folder.

So I don't think COH Modder actually knows how to handle the restructured folders.

image.png.88fbf1286c5e514fce235b8f2b3b4ccd.png

Edited by arthurh35353
added screenshot

25 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I'll try again, but that folder doesn't have any executables for Homecoming there. 😕

That's actually exactly what the recent code change that I just made was for in version 1.64. With the new Homecoming Launcher, as long as you point it to the root directory, my program will find the executable, you don't have to worry about that. If the program has an issue with the directory you chose, don't worry, it will tell you!

image.png.104baefac7ae1c6ff6efb980d81d3449.png

image.png.fb2c7b0cce3611c67b7b1e862937f32b.png

I'm out.

27 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I'll try again, but that folder doesn't have any executables for Homecoming there. 😕

It works on mine. So if it is not working on yours, that makes me very curious indeed.

Untitled.thumb.png.90505b77d16aedf8ecaf760e3a16ceef.png

As you can see, my Data folder is in my homecoming folder and it works perfectly. So if it is not working for you, it makes me wonder why.

Edited by Solarverse

1 minute ago, arthurh35353 said:

This definitely doesn't work pointing at the root Homecoming folder. 

The executable files are in the Bin/Win32/live or bin/win64/live (or sub beta for live) and the .piggs are in the assets/live or assets/beta folder.

So I don't think COH Modder actually knows how to handle the restructured folders.

Do you have the latest version? I just released a new version yesterday or the day before yesterday to address this. Your version should say 1.64.

I'm out.

15 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Do you have the latest version? I just released a new version yesterday or the day before yesterday to address this. Your version should say 1.64.

I did now grab 1.64, did a 'fresh start' and now it doesn't complain about the Homecoming folder location, it just won't install any of the mods it downloads to the mods folder.

Gives a long exception file error (and you can't even copy paste the error or stretch the window to read it). The information bar at the bottom says it has tons of mods ready to install, but you can't select any of them. 😕

image.thumb.png.11222757f2b0cb4276657a784284216f.png

2 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I did now grab 1.64, did a 'fresh start' and now it doesn't complain about the Homecoming folder location, it just won't install any of the mods it downloads to the mods folder.

Gives a long exception file error (and you can't even copy paste the error or stretch the window to read it). The information bar at the bottom says it has tons of mods ready to install, but you can't select any of them. 😕

image.thumb.png.11222757f2b0cb4276657a784284216f.png

The thing we are concerned about, is that yours does not look like everyone else's. Look at the difference between yours and ours.

1305553728_ModderTool.png.88d415436d81a47be47d22ffc50f95af.png

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

The thing we are concerned about, is that yours does not look like everyone else's. Look at the difference between yours and ours.

1305553728_ModderTool.png.88d415436d81a47be47d22ffc50f95af.png

I'm agreeing with you that it doesn't look like yours? Because I literally just downloaded homecoming to 😄 drive, then installed COH Modder to it. Then did the fresh start.

5 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I'm agreeing with you that it doesn't look like yours? Because I literally just downloaded homecoming to 😄 drive, then installed COH Modder to it. Then did the fresh start.

I'm referring to the window boxes within the modder tool. The ones on the right side. Yours are scattered about, almost like it's bugged somehow, while ours are uniformed. Also, if you look at the top left where it says CoH Modder you will see that ours is dark, where-as yours is greyed out. Almost like the programmed stopped responding?

Just now, arthurh35353 said:

Finally figured it out. Had to stretch the COH Modder Window to fill the entire vertical area.

It really doesn't like UHD monitors with your fonts increased, I guess.

image.thumb.png.a80f5f430495a90dfbf3029039c076f5.png

YAY!!!! Glad you got it figured out!

14 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

YAY!!!! Glad you got it figured out!

Well, sort of. Trying to install any of the mods got me back to the file exception error.

Manually trying to 'add' mods seems to not work at all and I finally figured out that I have to full screen to get it to see the 'refreshed' mods. It really hates super high definition monitor.s

Edited by arthurh35353

I too am curious to see a screenshot of the actual error that you're getting. I'm also curious if you had an old small "regular" computer monitor to plug into, to find out if it's the actual monitor itself, or something in your OS settings that's causing the odd behavior and lack of "Anchoring" from working properly.

I'm out.

I have seen that once happen to me. It was after I had tinkered with the Data folder after installing mods. All of those errors occurred after I had manually deleted a few mods instead of using the Modder Tool to delete them.

Okay, so the fix for me was this:

Completely remove the Modder Tool from your PC. Delete the Data Folder and any folder the modder tool places in that directory. Particularly the info file named Allmods and the folder named mods  along with the Data folder completely. Redownload the modder tool, redownload your preferred mods. After doing that it fixed the issue for me. I'll post a picture below and circle the ones you need to delete.

1651283856_Deletethese.thumb.png.13db72a33b4e7d5ae7a801c57bd57a62.png

Edited by Solarverse

Hi.  This is a FANTASTIC tool and I can't beleive I just found out about it.  Thank you!!

One thing:  I installed a bunch of mods, but I can't see any way to see in-game if they've got overlays or other in-game settings.  For example, I installed the Badge mods  but I don't know how to access them in game.  Is there documentation somewhere for each mod, that's easy to find?

I'd really like to find a mod that tracks badges and lets me know what's missing for accolades (and where to get them).  

Also, are the mods enabled globally or can you limit them toon by toon - for example the katana lightsaber sounds.

Thanks!

Adding a readme.txt file to each one with a basic description should be standard etiquette according to nexusmods.com

1 hour ago, brasilgringo said:

Hi.  This is a FANTASTIC tool and I can't beleive I just found out about it.  Thank you!!

One thing:  I installed a bunch of mods, but I can't see any way to see in-game if they've got overlays or other in-game settings.  For example, I installed the Badge mods  but I don't know how to access them in game.  Is there documentation somewhere for each mod, that's easy to find?

I'd really like to find a mod that tracks badges and lets me know what's missing for accolades (and where to get them).  

Also, are the mods enabled globally or can you limit them toon by toon - for example the katana lightsaber sounds.

Thanks!

Some of those Mods date back to live days. So the original author of those mods are no longer there to write read me texts. This is why the description is available to help with that. If you go to your Modder Tool and read the description, if instructions are available, they will be there.

All Mods are global. What I do for the Lightsaber Mod, is I only load it when I am playing my Lightsaber character, and then I unload it when I am not playing him. There is a tutorial on how to use the Modder tool that even covers the Lightsaber Mod and how I use it on my Solarverse's Consolidated List of Mods thread.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1