Super Pack Super Dump

Neogumbercules

49 minutes ago, Neogumbercules said:

I'm a designer in real life so when I see things like a lack of a "claim all" button or a tiny window that can't be expanded it bugs me at my core. It's not so much about complaining that it's not easier, more just complaining about annoying design. I do realize that it was never designed with the intent that players would be buying 100 of these things as once. 

I totally agree.  GUI design flaws drive me nuts.  I totally understand and deal with ROI and usability everyday.  How much is it going to cost development wise to add that feature?  How much use will it get?  Is it an edge case or a every time this gets opened it gets used case?  Development hours are a precious resource to be hoarded, but at the end of the day when you are hobbling your customer you made a bad choice.

My pet peeve?  Sorting.  None.  Anywhere.   It makes zero sense since it can be done completely client side.  It would make things so much easier to find.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neogumbercules said:

I'm a designer in real life so when I see things like a lack of a "claim all" button or a tiny window that can't be expanded it bugs me at my core. It's not so much about complaining that it's not easier, more just complaining about annoying design. I do realize that it was never designed with the intent that players would be buying 100 of these things as once. 

I totally hear you, but I think some of the restrictions are serving as governors on marketing, which I think is a good thing.  Keeping it slightly annoying or difficult helps keep individuals from really scaling it up and massively manipulating the market.  I don’t think that was ever the intention of the devs, but it’s probably a good thing, IMO.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 3 weeks later
On 9/19/2020 at 7:50 AM, FoulVileTerror said:

Apparently . . . 

image.png.30b6a01d47433ef829bcefe78065db65.png

Still at it.

That is 14 billion inf...

On the bright side?  You will never ever ever want for anything from a super pack. Heaven forbid trying to pull ~1550 atos out of email, one at a time. Or anything, really.

• 4 weeks later

I haven't traded many Super Packs lately, but I used to trade thousands. While they made a LOT of influence, a wonderful secondary benefit is all of the "character Items" I have. I can grab a defensive amplifier anytime. I always have Windfall running and I have an almost endless supply of inspirations and self rez I can grab from the ether. 

Just about the only thing I DON'T find useful is the many hundreds of respecs and tailor sessions...

• 8 months later
On 8/7/2020 at 11:45 AM, Troo said:

No, no they don't.

Congrats on your experiment.

Spending resources on unintended edge cases.. that's just a silly expectation. There are a slew of things more pressing that effect more folks.

They really should, or at least for the love of christ make a hotkey for the "open" (like pressing "o") option when you right click so you don't have to get carpal tunnel on your finger hovering over the left click button and moving the mouse up and down constantly.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, Ura Hero said:

I totally agree.  GUI design flaws drive me nuts.  I totally understand and deal with ROI and usability everyday.  How much is it going to cost development wise to add that feature?  How much use will it get?  Is it an edge case or a every time this gets opened it gets used case?  Development hours are a precious resource to be hoarded, but at the end of the day when you are hobbling your customer you made a bad choice.

My pet peeve?  Sorting.  None.  Anywhere.   It makes zero sense since it can be done completely client side.  It would make things so much easier to find.

Not to mention that SUPER dumb character items window that you can't even expand, and there should be a claim all option for that too. Don't even get me started on the "10" limit instead of at least 99 (same digits anyway, no ui change), and that you can't even "sell all" for salvage and especially enhancements even at a vendor, not to mention also that we REALLY need a "revoke salvage" and "revoke enhancements" option.