Memorial Service for @Aaru (Soul Asylum, Killing in the Name, Scarlet Shaft) – Sun Aug 9, 11am Eastern

Masker

I’m very sad to share the news that Everlasting Server player @Aaru died suddenly a couple of days ago. Many people will know his characters Soul Asylum (Aminet Mahamoud), Killing in the Name (Rose Killingly), Scarlet Shaft of the Guardians of Tomorrow, as well as many others, such as Gilbert the Octopus, Harmoniously, Raspberry Beret, and Unforgettable Fire. Aaru was an avid RPer and a regular in the Pocket D roleplaying scene, as well as a consummate base builder. He will be greatly missed.

His friends will be hosting an in-game memorial service to honor and celebrate his life, which is open to all. It will be held in his base “The Old City.”

WHERE: “The Old City” Base - CITY-10917 – Along the canal. (Up the stairs where you zone in.)
WHEN: Sunday, August 9, 11am Eastern, 8am Pacific, 4pm BST.

Questions can be sent to @Masker in-game.

Edited by Masker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9

I RPed with Aaru often.  Mostly when I was on with Loni-chen, and he'd roll with Min (Soul Asylum) or Harmoniously.  Also saw him on frequently as Killing.  A great RPer.  Min had Loni 'over for lunch' with Min.  The Old City is great - Min's apartment is the nicest, most comfortable I've been in, IRL or in-game.

I miss him so much already.  He didn't play Min during the week, played it as Min was on archaeological expeditions in Egypt, and would return to Paragon City on the weekends.  Even though he played other characters, and we had fun... I looked forward to the weekends.  Just something about the way he played his characters.  A lot of heart and soul.  I miss him so much.

This may be breaking protocol, but Aaru's name was Chris and he was my most cherished and dearest person in real life.  Wednesday morning, he had a heart attack. Paramedics worked on him for 25 minutes, but he was gone. He was 51 years old.  Sadly, I won't be able to make it to the Old City because I have to be in Church to honor him there.  But I've passed along your plans to his daughter and both she and her brother are very touched that you're honoring Chris in this way.  The Old City is a work of art and he was so proud of it.   He was the best person I knew and I'm blessed to have had 10 years with him, but truly no amount of time would have been long enough.  I'll love and miss him my whole life.  

• Thanks 9

I am so very sorry to hear of Aaru's passing.  I had not RP'ed with him, but had a chance to talk with him a few times about the extraordinary work he'd done on his "Old City" base.  We are lessened by his passing, yet enriched by all he did with and for the COH community.  

Rest well, Hero, and know you'll be remembered.

--Nyghtshade