State of the Project - August 2020

Jimmy

• Retired Developer
22 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

You guys have been good. Here's a tangentially related screenshot of a new contact mixed up in all this.

whyamisoevil.jpg

Also regarding clue 17:

ijustwantthiscluetobesolved.png

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

1 hour ago, Piecemeal said:

Also regarding clue 17:

ijustwantthiscluetobesolved.png

Steel Canyon going to be busy for a while when that launches given where that npc is. Will be interesting to know how it may affect the Tsoo spawn around there for the lowest blueside costume hunt mission just offscreen to the left.

<sigh> Again forums quotes copy the wrong thing. This was meant to be the image in the above post.

Edited by LQT
Forum coding still borked.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, LQT said:

Steel Canyon going to be busy for a while when that launches given where that npc is. Will be interesting to know how it may affect the Tsoo spawn around there for the lowest blueside costume hunt mission just offscreen to the left.

<sigh> Again forums quotes copy the wrong thing. This was meant to be the image in the above post.

Fear not! I placed him in a section where there were no spawns! I thought of that, any ambushes should come from... elsewhere. But a good data point for testing! I will be sure to have a Hmongous slaughterhouse set up test ambush code.

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

15 minutes ago, Piecemeal said:

Fear not! I placed him in a section where there were no spawns! I thought of that, any ambushes should come from... elsewhere. But a good data point for testing! I will be sure to have a Hmongous slaughterhouse set up test ambush code.

The ambushes are fairly limited for the ICON missions, 1 spawn per player doing the mission and the mobs only scale up to 40 anyway due to the age of the mission itself. The involved hunt can be done with the surrounding mobs which was my main concern whether that npc placement [and any additional artifacts] may clash with.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• Retired Developer
1 minute ago, LQT said:

The ambushes are fairly limited for the ICON missions, 1 spawn per player doing the mission and the mobs only scale up to 40 anyway due to the age of the mission itself. The involved hunt can be done with the surrounding mobs which was my main concern whether that npc placement [and any additional artifacts] may clash with.

I'm still adding it to my testing list. I placed this contact in a barren, spawn-free section of sidewalk, so no spawns nearby will be affected. There are plenty of Tsoo south and west of Icon to complete that task as it stands, so hopefully after I wholesale murder a bunch for science everything will come up smelling fresh!

• Like 3

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

Are the Tsoo Hmong?

Yes indeed!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

Hmm, how to say this... I'm more worried that the NDA exists than any progress (or lack of it).

Without an NDA there would be no talks at all, let alone any progress.

I take that back... there would be talk.  It would be NCSoft lawyers writing increasingly threatening cease-and-desist letters to everyone involved.

• Like 1

• Retired Developer

Oh, you all have figured everything out, I just went back and started shoveling through NDA NBD's.

Anyway every answer is somewhere in this thread.

Compose the most solid list of answers that you think are correct and I will, only once, tell you how many are correct.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:07 PM, Rathulfr said:

I'm looking forward to Freakshow Masterminds, Sonic knockbacks, and more butt-cape options!

Something made me thing Masterminds as well.

15 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

Oh, you all have figured everything out, I just went back and started shoveling through NDA NBD's.

Anyway every answer is somewhere in this thread.

Compose the most solid list of answers that you think are correct and I will, only once, tell you how many are correct.

Let's hope we get it! Page 10 version with the closest guesses I believe the community has made (again I bolded the guesses which I believe are solid):

Story Arcs and Enemies counting towards the badge:
1.      Primal Col. Duray (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Pirate”
2.      Praetorian Col. Duray (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Commander”
3.      ??? (thanks ...) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Mute”
4.      Jane Temblor (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 1” 
5.      Fusion (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 2”
6.      Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess TF as “the bane of caldera”
7.      Heracles (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Stephanie Peebles story arc as “humble the son of Alcmene”
8.      Arakhn from Moonfire TF as “the cyst-maker”
9.      Sun Xiong (@Lines) from Graham Easton's story arc "Last Rites" as “art thief”
10.    Night Widow Nocturne (thanks @Ironblade) from either Jim Temblor's story arc as “the widow whose sub is a goner”
11.    Kurse (thanks @LQT) from Jim Temblor's story arc as “deranged little psychic”
12.    Chernobog Petrovic (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Eagle Eye story arc in Kings Row as “Lord of Death 1” 
13.    Veles Petrovic (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Eagle Eye story arc in Kings Rowas “Lord of Death 2”
14.    Atta (@Lines) as “met on your trek to the gate”
15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF as “went to court and toppled the monarchy”
16.    Dr. Vahzilok from Positron Two TF as “de-tenured Ph.D.”

17.    Freaklympics story arc (@FoulVileTerror great guess!) as the "honor of gold medal fame"

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I think the first three have to be other AVs in Sutter. Sgt. Schorr seems a bit out of the pattern, since it's Rogue content ranged 30-40. There's Riptide and Harbinger in the second mission, but I think they both have dialogue. Isn't there another AV other than Captain Stone who comes out of the portal?

17 is absolutely Freaklympics - One of the teams is called Meat Freedom. It does insinuate it's every four years though... If it's a specific target, the boss at the end is called Mistah Static.

5 minutes ago, Lines said:

I think the first three have to be other AVs in Sutter. Sgt. Schorr seems a bit out of the pattern, since it's Rogue content ranged 30-40. There's Riptide and Harbinger in the second mission, but I think they both have dialogue. Isn't there another AV other than Captain Stone who comes out of the portal?

17 is absolutely Freaklympics - One of the teams is called Meat Freedom. It does insinuate it's every four years though... If it's a specific target, the boss at the end is called Mistah Static.

@Lines I totally agree, the 30-40 level range seems much higher. But if it is Admiral Sutter (lvl 20-40) who is the mute?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

An unlikely candidate, but Steve Mutombo, a Family boss from Hammers of Justice, is nicknamed 'Mute' and is a boss of a mission of the same name.
However, mission is barely different from every other in the arc, the arc itself is 30-40 level range and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Durrays.

Edited by Subber

3 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

It will be disappointing if there is no red side representation in this game.

Highly disappointing.

I'm hoping that they'll make a completely separate badge for completing a series of redside arcs.  That would be much better than shoehorning a couple of redside arcs into an otherwise blueside lineup.  There's so much great content redside.

In a similar vein, I really hope that if that happens, it wouldn't be an either/or badge, where getting one badge grants the other on side-switching.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

That's the best guess we have, @Subber.

Just ran as far as Harbinger and Riptide (I can't solo them in an affordable amount of time). Captain Stone, Riptide and Harbinger all have dialogue and I was misremembering another AV coming out of the portal.

The lovebirds can't not be Fusion and Jane Tremblor, so I'm totally stumped.

I am about to have a heck of a fireworks party though!

931230888_2020-08-1715_53_34-IndependencePort.png.04ddc3b2d3875a9dcf0f803c14d9f5d7.png

I agree about redside content, but I'd definitely not want to feel like I have to switch sides to get a badge - I like to keep my heroes heroic and villains villainous. I imagine a redside equivalent will happen rather than one badge requiring both.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Let's hope we get it! Page 10 version with the closest guesses I believe the community has made (again I bolded the guesses which I believe are solid):

Story Arcs and Enemies counting towards the badge:
1.      Primal Col. Duray (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Pirate”
2.      Praetorian Col. Duray (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Commander”
3.      ??? (thanks ...) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Mute”
4.      Jane Temblor (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 1” 
5.      Fusion (thanks @Grouchybeast) from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 2”
6.      Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess TF as “the bane of caldera”
7.      Heracles (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Stephanie Peebles story arc as “humble the son of Alcmene”
8.      Arakhn from Moonfire TF as “the cyst-maker”
9.      Sun Xiong (@Lines) from Graham Easton's story arc "Last Rites" as “art thief”
10.    Night Widow Nocturne (thanks @Ironblade) from either Jim Temblor's or Agent G's story arc as “the widow whose sub is a goner”
11.    Kurse (thanks @LQT) from Jim Temblor's story arc as “deranged little psychic”
12.    Chernobog Petrovic (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Eagle Eye story arc in Kings Row as “Lord of Death 1” 
13.    Veles Petrovic (thanks to @Grouchybeast) from Eagle Eye story arc in Kings Rowas “Lord of Death 2”
14.    Atta (@Lines) as “met on your trek to the gate”
15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF as “went to court and toppled the monarchy”
16.    Dr. Vahzilok from Positron Two TF as “de-tenured Ph.D.”

17.    Freaklympics story arc (@FoulVileTerror great guess!) as the "honor of gold medal fame"

A good list.  10 should be Temblor's arc, as that's the one in which you destroy her sub.