State of the Project - August 2020

Jimmy

• Retired Developer
5 hours ago, BlastLord said:

Homecoming has got this

thisthisthis.png

• Haha 3

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Sonic Resonance and Force Field ought to top the list, but really we have little to no idea what’s coming next.

Yeah, IMO the only support sets in need of buffs are Force Field, then Sonic Resonance, then perhaps Trick Arrow (and by then only slightly really). But that’s only support sets. Assault Rifle is probably the worst set in the game overall IMO.

19 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Yeah, IMO the only support sets in need of buffs are Force Field, then Sonic Resonance, then perhaps Trick Arrow (and by then only slightly really). But that’s only support sets. Assault Rifle is probably the worst set in the game overall IMO.

I sort of thought Dual Pistols and Dual Blades needed more help than AR, but sure.

2 hours ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Why would you think that? Was it mentioned?

Poison seems very far down the list of things needing help imo.

Poison definitely needs help. A big part is one to let us slot holds into NB, increase the radius of it's debuffs, and change the tier 9 to not be a pbaoe toggle which is horrible on a set with no self defenses or mez protection, and instead a ranged location based power.

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Poison definitely needs help. A big part is one to let us slot holds into NB, increase the radius of it's debuffs, and change the tier 9 to not be a pbaoe toggle which is horrible on a set with no self defenses or mez protection, and instead a ranged location based power.

I have 5 level 50 poisons and respectfully disagree 🙂

Not sure why NB would be slottable with hold. The low splash radius on poison is to balance the powers for having the best overall debuff power in the game. The PBAoE toggle is a self defense itself.

6 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Sure but now we’re just talking about water blast 😉

Exactly.

I've given this a lot of thought. The blast sets without Snipes are: Ice, Sonic, Water, and DP.

Ice does great damage with no Snipe and has a ton of control.

Sonic does ok damage and has great debuffs.

Water is specifically designed to work fine with no Snipe.

DP...does not get enough out of Swap Ammo to make up for the lack of a Snipe and Aim.

I feel like the Sniper changes addressed ARs weakness sufficiently, but of course YMMV.

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Exactly.

I've given this a lot of thought. The blast sets without Snipes are: Ice, Sonic, Water, and DP.

Ice does great damage with no Snipe and has a ton of control.

Sonic does ok damage and has great debuffs.

Water is specifically designed to work fine with no Snipe.

DP...does not get enough out of Swap Ammo to make up for the lack of a Snipe and Aim.

I feel like the Sniper changes addressed ARs weakness sufficiently, but of course YMMV.

I would still encourage you to look at making up some of the difference with procs. DP has some of the best proc potential in the game thanks to swap ammo. You can turn the stun/hold into a proc bomb for an extra high damage S/T attack. 

It’s nice of AR to have a snipe but T7/8/9 all having 3-4 second animations and situational cone arcs/patches just kinda ruins everything after that.

1 minute ago, arcaneholocaust said:

I would still encourage you to look at making up some of the difference with procs. DP has some of the best proc potential in the game thanks to swap ammo. You can turn the stun/hold into a proc bomb for an extra high damage S/T attack. 

It’s nice of AR to have a snipe but T7/8/9 all having 3-4 second animations and situational cone arcs/patches just kinda ruins everything after that.

Well, I'm sure that's true, but personally I don't especially like having to rely on procs in that way. I feel very strongly that with SOs sets should be ROUGHLY balanced against one another.

As an aside, on Blasters the Range buff that Sniper attacks give is VERY good for ranged cones.

46 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

I have 5 level 50 poisons and respectfully disagree 🙂

Not sure why NB would be slottable with hold. The low splash radius on poison is to balance the powers for having the best overall debuff power in the game. The PBAoE toggle is a self defense itself.

Until it's Constantly mezzed off, and you can disagree, doesn't mean you're right. And slottable for holds for the lockdown proc to start a fight and damage procs.

19 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Keep the toggle. Its perfect the way it is. PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY BB. the toggle is the best part of the set

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

1 hour ago, Hops said:

Keep the toggle. Its perfect the way it is. PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY BB. the toggle is the best part of the set

You need your head examined then if you think that lol. For a set with a VERY tiny aoe debuff outside of it, and zero defenses or mez protection, compared to any other support set it will constantly get mezzed off when you need it, and draws unnecessary aggro for a set that has no way to really defend itself or heal back from the damage that it takes as a result.

4 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

You need your head examined then if you think that lol. For a set with a VERY tiny aoe debuff outside of it, and zero defenses or mez protection, compared to any other support set it will constantly get mezzed off when you need it, and draws unnecessary aggro for a set that has no way to really defend itself or heal back from the damage that it takes as a result.

Then a lot of us need our heads checked. Does VG cover its own gaps? Nope; but VG is not the problem and is fine. 

Alkaloid and Neurotoxic Breath are the only two poison powers that need a looking at, tho I wouldn’t be opposed to Alkaloid and Antidote both becoming aoe.

anyways, I have plenty of poison corrs, defenders and MMs. VG is fine. (Except on MM lol) 

9 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

If us having zero trouble using poison effectively means we need our heads examined, so be it. Have you considered tactics such as (1) defense pools and set bonuses, (2) mezzing the mezzers, (3) using inspirations, etc.?

31 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Ah man you're missing out. That's what Rads for, to stand back. The gameplay it brings is insanely fun. I recommend reading the poison guide that was created by @Frosticus under guides. It really clears up a lot of concerns you may have about being mez'd and how to work around that. Its such a great read.

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Honestly there’s no such thing anymore as a build that is totally doomed to squishiness. You can still be squishy, but you’d have to get there by choice - intentionally leaving no room for defenses in your pool/IO choices, etc because you wanted more recharge or procs or RP power choices that badly.

There are builds that are perhaps doomed to be unable to both quickly AND safely solo all +4x8 content, but that’s not the same thing.

Also, implying that debuffs and controls/mezzes/mitigation are not a form of self defenses is either disingenuous or a sign someone’s not using the tools at their disposal.

Edited by arcaneholocaust

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

Then a lot of us need our heads checked. Does VG cover its own gaps? Nope; but VG is not the problem and is fine. 

Alkaloid and Neurotoxic Breath are the only two poison powers that need a looking at, tho I wouldn’t be opposed to Alkaloid and Antidote both becoming aoe.

anyways, I have plenty of poison corrs, defenders and MMs. VG is fine. (Except on MM lol) 

Except when it constantly gets mezzed off and forces you into melee on a set that offers no personal defenses, and shouldn't rely fully on pool/epic powers for those. I know PT is also a big proponent to stay in melee, but I would have less issue if it should, and did work like that and had an after effect(or what they need to do is make enemy toggles only suppress instead of toggle off), they make NB a wide taoe instead of a cone so you could also use it in melee which is another big problem with poison.

They also desperately need to widen the aoes of the debuffs.

Feel they should also make poison gas trap work like traps version, auto hit and reproccing.