State of the Project - August 2020

Jimmy

3 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

NDA means "Non-Disclosure Agreement", which means...

Reveal hidden contents

You cannot disclose anything about anything, even the NDA itself.

I was really hoping that hidden comment was blank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

And really now!   Do we want piecemeal to be good at rhyming or good at making sure whatever content is getting added stays true and good to the spirit of this game?   I definitively want the good content.   The rhyming doesn't matter.

19 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Not using perfect rhymes does not mean you're not still rhyming. There are perfect rhymes, soft rhymes, mixed rhymes, consonance rhymes, assonance rhymes, and maybe others I forget. I'm not an expert in it, so folks correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most of that rhyming falls into the soft rhyme category.

I didn't say he wasn't rhyming. 

1 hour ago, Piecemeal said:

Please remember this is my virgin flight.

I created conditions to spawn a fight.

It requires attention to lore and collecting 

So you can be rewarded with a vigilant reckoning. 

Don't hype too hard, instead think of the future,

When records of your deeds affect the gameplay nature.

I'm wondering if this is simply an accolade you get for completing various story arcs throughout the game. Something to encourage more content to be run. Bit like task force commander but for a load of story arcs that probably aren't currently connected to badges.

My observations so far....

On July 23rd, @@Piecemeal posted that he has been working on something since October of last year. He says he started with costumes and textures, but managed to figure out other background systems throughout the game on his own. He notes on a post on July 24th that once his ‘thing’ is closer to testing, he will spill the beans and describe it with a proper introduction (assuming no more rhyming hints? lol). 

The hints really take off starting August 9th when he posts a cryptic (?) rhyming verse that appears to contain details relating to his ‘thing’ he is working on. To paraphrase and summate its contents based on my deductions, see below:

This post first begins by addressing the community’s in game characters. The next sentence implies that there will be a feature which is tied to your alignment, perhaps defeating certain enemies spread across alignments will reward you with something. The next portion mentions a “new army”, perhaps this alludes to the screenshot of the multi-enemy costumed parted individuals. This section also has the most interesting part. Again, total speculation on my part. I think the next part, where it totals seventeen “souls” is a list of characters needed to be defeated to gain a badge. I’m going to go out on a limb and attempt to identify them as best as I can.

First five are mentioned as a squad (may be Admiral Sutter TF):
1.    Colonel Durray as “Pirate”
2.    ??? as “Commander”
3.    ??? as “Mute”
4.    Jane Temblor from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 1”
5.    Fusion from Admiral Sutter TF as “Lovebird 2”

Next ones are on isle of yore (Striga Island):
6.    Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess TF as “the bane of caldera”
7.    Heracles from Stephanie Peebles story arc as “the humbler of the son of Hera  humble the son of Alcmene”
8.    Arakhn from Moonfire TF as “the cyst-maker”

Next part mentions getting mean, perhaps changing alignment to villain for these:
9.      Darrin Wade as “art thief”
10.    Night Widow Nocturne (thanks @Ironblade) from either Jim Temblor's or Agent G's story arc as “the widow whose sub is a goner”. Doc Deliah from Faultline as “the Doctor” who introduces you to Agent G, whose final missions you fight Nocturne.
11.    Malaise or Mother Mayhem as “deranged little psychic”
12.    ??? as “Lord of Death 1”
13.    ??? as “Lord of Death 2”
14.    ??? as “met on your trek to the gate”
15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF as “went to court and toppled the monarchy”
16.    Dr. Vahzilok as “de-tenured Ph.D.”

Last thing I believe implies completing the speed demon challenge at the Ski Chalet. The final part also implies there will be more ‘challenges’ like this, and the reward will also be a badge.

On August 8th @Piecemeal posts “coughs in foreshadowing” in response to a comment about swapping alignment. On August 13th he further clarified that origin will not lock out players from getting the badges for this upcoming content. Also, on this day, he somewhat alludes to playing through the content instead of grinding past it may make it easier to obtain the previously mentioned badges. Again, on this day, he implies that in order to figure out what is needed to be done for those badges, players will need to be aware of the lore in the game. He also goes on to say that in the future the actions that players take will affect the nature of their game play.

Edited by Glacier Peak
edits will go in future posts
  • Thanks 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

20 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Page 6

Finally, we’ll leave you with two screenshots to hint at some upcoming content from Page 6...

screenshot_200807-20-24-39.thumb.jpg.645fce79d8e69c0aae51df6ff1814854.jpg

screenshot_200807-00-07-58.thumb.jpg.23c601d331c89a18aacc013a6adef64d.jpg

Based upon the hint link... I'm going to guess the first is about the start of porting critter costume parts to player use.

The second has me baffled.  Sonic Armor?  Self-targeting for support set buffs?  Wind Control with disappointing graphics?

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:

I was really hoping that hidden comment was blank.

Dang!  I'm sorry I didn't think of that.  Kudos to you. 😁

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

The 2nd screenshot appears to have someone using a sonic attack while wearing a sonic shield.

• If that's a Sentinel this means a new Sonic Armor set.
  • If that's a Blaster it means a new Sonic Manipulation set with a protection that resembles sonic shield.
  • If that's a Corruptor or Defender it could mean some shields are now PBAoE that can be cast on self.
  • Or maybe there's a new Sonic Mastery ancillary that any of the non Sentilens could use. (which means a 35+ is beating up Hellions in Atlas Park)

The 1st screenshot makes me lean less towards costume pieces and more towards a new foe group that's an amalgamation of existing groups. Both Freakshow and Vazhilock are way into extreme body modification, so that seems like a natural collaboration. Though I don't know where the Tank with the Rikti pieces fits in.

52 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Yes, please.

Willpower awaits you all.

Unless you’re a regen Sentinel

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

21 hours ago, Number Six said:

GLaDOS core powered by a potato.

There better be cake this time!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

18 hours ago, GM Brax said:

Good things come to those who wait. 😎

*slides cookies* ORL?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

18 hours ago, Number Six said:

I don't believe it's been tested with that yet. Since it runs on both XP and Windows 7, I would not expect Vista to be a problem. If you do have a Vista machine lurking around somewhere, keep an eye out for the public test phase and let us know!

I'm pretty sure I have an ISO for that, but not sure how well it'll run native on this hardware. I can probably share it if desired. Hell, I likely have Win3.11 if you REALLY want too. :D

@Number Six, False Alarm, I only have (multiple variants of) 3.11, XP, 7, 8.1, and 10. ;/ I DO have a fix I made for the (sidebar) weather gadget breaking every XX hours, but it's a manual thing.

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

10.    Seer Marino as “the widow whose sub is a goner”

Jim Temblor's arc has a mission where you need to destroy the night widow Nocturne's escape sub.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, csr said:

Based upon the hint link... I'm going to guess the first is about the start of porting critter costume parts to player use.

The second has me baffled.  Sonic Armor?  Self-targeting for support set buffs?  Wind Control with disappointing graphics?

Looks to me like a new or redefined enemy group... incarnate or higher level Vahzilok with embedded with freak and Rikti tech perhaps? or maybe it's not just one new group at all, but bringing both Vahz and Freakshow up to incarnate level? What makes me think it's factions rather than player costume pieces is in the background.. there's another Vahz boss with some freak groupies way back there, indicating this is their territory rather than just a player costume contest. 

Then again, if it IS player costume parts... then I soooo want the Asymmetrical arms, legs and shoulders capability. Also, a Vahzilok based powerset, Rikti gun-arms and Freakshow axe-arms would be boss.

As for the Sonic, looks like it could either be a Sonic armor Sentinel with sonic blast... or that Sonic buffs will be able to affect the caster for Defender/Corruptor/Controller/MM. Given the changes made already, the latter seems more likely and would be a more widely received change, IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

1.    Red Terror or Colonel Durray as “Pirate”
2.    ??? as “Commander”
3.    ??? as “Mute”
4.    ??? as “Lovebird 1”
5.    ??? as “Lovebird 2”
6.    Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess TF as “the bane of caldera”
7.    Romulus from Imperious TF as “the humbler of the son of Hera”
8.    Arakhn from Moonfire TF as “the cyst-maker”

Next part mentions getting mean, perhaps changing alignment to villain for these:
9.    Darrin Wade as “art thief”
10.    Night Widow Nocturne (thanks @Ironblade) from Jim Temblor's arc as “the widow whose sub is a goner”
11.    Dream Doctor as “the Doctor”
12.    Malaise or Mother Mayhem as “deranged little psychic”
13.    ??? as “Lord of Death 1”
14.    ??? as “Lord of Death 2”
15.    ??? as “met on your trek to the gate”
16.    ??? as “went to court and toppled the monarchy”
17.    Dr. Vahzilok as “de-tenured Ph.D.”

17 souls?

I wonder if this is supposed to line up at all with the 22 Major Arcana:

If we remove the 5 'individuals' referenced in the Mystic Fortune artwork, that leaves 17. However, you'd have to count Manticore and Sister Psyche as '1 soul' and then NOT have them be either of the lovebirds mentioned.

0 - The Fool (Synapse in Mystic Fortune)

1 - The Magician (Numina in Mystic Fortune, Dark Watcher in Praetorian Penny's arc)

2 - High Priestess

3 - Empress -

4 - Emperor -

5 - Hierophant/Heavenly Messenger

6 - The Lovers (Manticore and Sister Psyche in Mystic Fortune)

7 - Chariot -

8 - Strength

9 - Hermit (Dark Watcher in Mystic Fortune)

10- The Wheel

11 - Justice

12 - The Hanged Man

13 - Death (Ghost Widow in Mystic Fortune)

14 - Temperance

15 - The Devil

16 - The Tower (Cryptic/Hell Forge in Mystic Fortune)

17 - The Star

18 - The Moon (Midnighters in Mystic Fortune)

19 - The Sun (?? (Carnival of Light, Maybe) in Mystic Fortune)

20 - Judgment

21 - The World (Paragon City in Mystic Fortune)

I think your picks could fit into the arcana, like assigning Romulus as the 'Emperor', but the arcana are SUPPOSED to be vague and subject to interpretation.

Recluse and Red Widow could be 'Emperor' and 'Empress' and also be 'Lovebird 1' and 'Lovebird 2'

Hmm.... I'ma have to think about this one.

Edited by mechahamham

9 hours ago, Bopper said:

There are perfect rhymes, soft rhymes, mixed rhymes, consonance rhymes, assonance rhymes, and maybe others I forget.

What about the ability to rhyme the following lyrics:

"How could they raise the stones so high, 
Completely without the technology, 
We have today?" 

youtube.com/watch?v=mbyzgeee2mg

• Haha 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

19 minutes ago, mechahamham said:

17 souls?

I wonder if this is supposed to line up at all with the 22 Major Arcana:

If we remove the 5 'individuals' referenced in the Mystic Fortune artwork, that leaves 17. However, you'd have to count Manticore and Sister Psyche as '1 soul' and then NOT have them be either of the lovebirds mentioned.

0 - The Fool (Synapse in Mystic Fortune)

1 - The Magician (Numina in Mystic Fortune, Dark Watcher in Praetorian Penny's arc)

2 - High Priestess

3 - Empress -

4 - Emperor -

5 - Hierophant/Heavenly Messenger

6 - The Lovers (Manticore and Sister Psyche in Mystic Fortune)

7 - Chariot -

8 - Strength

9 - Hermit (Dark Watcher in Mystic Fortune)

10- The Wheel

11 - Justice

12 - The Hanged Man

13 - Death (Ghost Widow in Mystic Fortune)

14 - Temperance

15 - The Devil

16 - The Tower (Cryptic/Hell Forge in Mystic Fortune)

17 - The Star

18 - The Moon (Midnighters in Mystic Fortune)

19 - The Sun (?? (Carnival of Light, Maybe) in Mystic Fortune)

20 - Judgment

21 - The World (Paragon City in Mystic Fortune)

I think your picks could fit into the arcana, like assigning Romulus as the 'Emperor', but the arcana are SUPPOSED to be vague and subject to interpretation.

Recluse and Red Widow could be 'Emperor' and 'Empress' and also be 'Lovebird 1' and 'Lovebird 2'

Hmm.... I'ma have to think about this one.

Interesting take! I wish I knew more about the story cannon to figure out the rest of those questions. At the very least it will be a fun hunt for whatever it ends up being. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png