Streaming and NCSOFT deal ?

Wilky

16 minutes ago, GastlyGibus said:

Yes it does. Any views you get on your channel at all will make money for Youtube. Even one single view will make them some tiny bit of pocket change.

this is right and wrong, not so simple. Again, nobody would check (it's my opinion) because there is nothing to earn.

Edited by Wilky

3 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

You don't need to seek the approval of others watching.
The fun was always inside you, Son. 
It was there all along.

No it's not so easy. It's more than words. 

5 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

That's all paid for ads that would automatically get slapped on any video, including CoH content, which would make money for Google. 

yes, not to ncsoft. you are free to post any vid (legal of course) on youtube, fortunately. And yes they make money from it, fortunately.

Just now, Wilky said:

yes, not to ncsoft. you are free to post any vid (legal of course) on youtube, fortunately. And yes they make money from it, fortunately.

You are not free to post any vid to youtube.  Where are you getting that idea?  There are specific terms you agree to when you use the platform and I encourage you to read them.  There are specific sections about not posting videos containing copywritten material without the permission of the owner.  Its against Youtube's EULA.  

Do people violate it?  Constantly.  People also litter and jaywalk all the time, and nobody cares until there's a lawsuit because a jaywalker got hit by a car.  Same thing here.  Nobody cares...until they do because something occurred to make it matter.  

You seen to be poorly educated on this topic.  I encourage you to do some reading to help you out.  Start by reading Youtube and Twitch's EULA, which you absolutely should do if you're ever planning on using them to make money in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

You are not free to post any vid to youtube.  Where are you getting that idea?  There are specific terms you agree to when you use the platform and I encourage you to read them.  There are specific sections about not posting videos containing copywritten material without the permission of the owner.  Its against Youtube's EULA.  

Do people violate it?  Constantly.  People also litter and jaywalk all the time, and nobody cares until there's a lawsuit because a jaywalker got hit by a car.  Same thing here.  Nobody cares...until they do because something occurred to make it matter.  

You seen to be poorly educated on this topic.  I encourage you to do some reading to help you out.  Start by reading Youtube and Twitch's EULA, which you absolutely should do if you're ever planning on using them to make money in the future.

i really appreciate your effort to make me feel better with your EULA. I know what it means, here we are talking about city of heroes.  I own a Youtube channel and i don't do anything wrong, and i read all the rules. 

a lawsuit ? it's not free, who would pay for a vid on cox ? what's the point ? There is none (ok 0.000000000001%). I would prefer that someone pay to make it real than paying to kill it. That will never happen.

1 minute ago, Wilky said:

i really appreciate your effort to make me feel better with your EULA. I know what it means, here we are talking about city of heroes.  I own a Youtube channel and i don't do anything wrong, and i read all the rules. 

a lawsuit ? it's not free, who would pay for a vid on cox ? what's the point ? There is none (ok 0.000000000001%). I would prefer that someone pay to make it real than paying to kill it. That will never happen.

What do you think EULA means?  Your response above makes me think you don't understand.  

And it's not about a lawsuit over revenue generated from the content.  It has nothing to do with the actual revenue.  It has to do with protecting their intellectual property and showing they have control over it.  NCsoft won't file a lawsuit to shutdown someone streaming the game, but they will just go ahead and issue a cease and decist against Homecoming, preventing the content from being made.  That's well within their right.

I'm done trying to explain this to you.  I don't feel like you know enough about this to have it make sense to you and I'm getting a feeling English isn't your first language so I'm tapping out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

What do you think EULA means?  Your response above makes me think you don't understand.  

And it's not about a lawsuit over revenue generated from the content.  It has nothing to do with the actual revenue.  It has to do with protecting their intellectual property and showing they have control over it.  NCsoft won't file a lawsuit to shutdown someone streaming the game, but they will just go ahead and issue a cease and decist against Homecoming, preventing the content from being made.  That's well within their right.

I'm done trying to explain this to you.  I don't feel like you know enough about this to have it make sense to you and I'm getting a feeling English isn't your first language so I'm tapping out.  

lol. i will resume this to a huge "laugh". IF you understand so well everything, i don't see any result. Sorry but you are very agressive, and racist. And it's going out of control because you don't want to understand also. 

To finish, NCsoft won't do anything. They never did, and never will. Why ? You know the answer. Or should i speak english better to explain you ????

Edited by Wilky

2 minutes ago, Wilky said:

Sorry but you are very agressive, and racist.

What?  I'm just acknowledging there's an obvious language barrier that is not helping the conversation, so I don't care to continue.  

Go ahead and do whatever.  You asked a question, literally everyone told you its a bad idea, but you obviously are smarter than all of us combined.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Omega-202 said:

What?  I'm just acknowledging there's an obvious language barrier that is not helping the conversation, so I don't care to continue.  

Go ahead and do whatever.  You asked a question, literally everyone told you its a bad idea, but you obviously are smarter than all of us combined.  

it was not an idea, i know we can't stream ! It was how it's going on ! what's the status !? nothing about EULA or "english isn't your first language" ... you don't have any feelings that goes above the language ? ....seriously

44 minutes ago, Wilky said:

I own a Youtube channel

Oh geez... I’m getting worried about you now. You should really check out your terms of service/EULA agreement for using any software platform. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

31 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but how is “English isn’t your first language” racist? 

Language isn't tied to race?

Plus the comment was "I'm getting the feeling English isn't your first language," which given some of the wording, punctuation choices and such, does seem like a possibility - they fall under fairly typical "ESL" habits. I'd probably make similar mistakes in German or Japanese or whatnot.

(Which, re-reading, is just reinforcing what you asked, so... 🙂  )

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

57 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I’m still blown away that people watching people play videogames is a thing. 

before someone gives me the sports analogy, no. 

Ehhhh... I'm sort of "yes and no" on this. I don't get "esports" at all, or that people make a living from it.

I do find myself watching Baradul's Mechwarrior Online videos for build ideas (... if I ever go back to that,) and watched a bit of Battletech. Mostly because he runs mods I'd find.. interesting but not enough to play. And there's the occasional "ok, how do I get past this," which I'd call more understandable.

But general "video game watching," for pleasure, no, I don't get.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Language isn't tied to race?

Plus the comment was "I'm getting the feeling English isn't your first language," which given some of the wording, punctuation choices and such, does seem like a possibility - they fall under fairly typical "ESL" habits. I'd probably make similar mistakes in German or Japanese or whatnot.

(Which, re-reading, is just reinforcing what you asked, so... 🙂  )

No language isn’t tied to race. 

I think it is rude, but not racist.  I get tired of everything (hyperbole) be labeled as racism. I think it loses power when calling out actual racism. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 0th Power said:

No language isn’t tied to race. 

I think it is rude, but not racist.  I get tired of everything (hyperbole) be labeled as racism. I think it loses power when calling out actual racism. 

I know, I was kind of doing a "er... but..." with that.

And yes, you're 100% right. It does lose meaning when calling out *actual* racism when everything not related to it has been called that, too. (Which, of course, is why some people do it.)

• Like 1

• City Council

Well, this thread is going nowhere, and the OP has requested its closure, so I think I'll grant that request. In the future, please try to avoid starting a war with the French; it just doesn't end well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!