Isn't it a little bit ODD?

Marine X

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Don't Brawl and Boxing alternate between left and right punches, too?

Lots of people can punch with both hands......BUT.......if you make a Shield Defense Character, the shield is on the left hand, always, hence right handed. Unless there is someway to change that I'm unaware of.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

24 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Agreed, it would be shocking if you could actually go to more than just the next floor on an Elevator, then go searching for another Elevator to get to the next one.

This is because every architect in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles was replaced by a member of the Circle of Thorns.

They designed every building in the City and Isles to force hapless mortals by their erratic paths through their office buildings to enact eldritch rituals that empower the Circle and their demonic minions.

At least that’s the only sane reason I can think of for the layouts. The layouts are too crazy to even be.a Nemesis plot so the only remaining reason is “a wizard did it.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

But that kind of actually makes sense as a possibility if ley lines are all over the place in paragon city and rogue islands.   It means the weird buildings could be focusing and harnessing the ambient mana.   It all makes sense now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This thread is giving so many ideas for new characters:

1. Circle of Thorns inspired City Planner (Step 2) (Earth Controller)

2. Personal liability/property destruction Insurance Adjuster (Mind Control of some type)

3. House Flipper (clearly a SS tank) 
4. Hellions Recruiter (fire blaster with extra KB protection)

5. Mobile Dry Cleaner start-up (Water Blast defender)

6. Drivers Ed Teacher (invuln tank)

Time to make some (More) costumes...

Thanks @Coyotedancer, @EmmySky @Marine X, @Chris24601, and@Omega-202!!

Edit: Must confess, I thought this thread was initially going to be about oppositional defiance disorder this morning when I first scrolled through. 😱

Edited by Nyghtmaire
Observation
  • Like 4

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

So, back on live, I had this headcanon theory...

The setting, the powers, NPCs, your characters, the stories - everything - was in the mind of a person. Doesn't matter who. Just some person. Maybe your neighbor, maybe a child, maybe Jack Emmert, maybe a psychic, maybe whoever. It doesn't matter.

Maybe the imaginmaker represents themselves in the world as Faathim the Kind, or Montague Castanella, or Prometheus... or Nemesis.

The point is that it is all just in someone's imagination. That's why the world feels incomplete. It's why sometimes missions get bugged. The person whose imagination is everything, is just not imagining or completing every detail.

2 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

This is because every architect in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles was replaced by a member of the Circle of Thorns.

They designed every building in the City and Isles to force hapless mortals by their erratic paths through their office buildings to enact eldritch rituals that empower the Circle and their demonic minions.

At least that’s the only sane reason I can think of for the layouts. The layouts are too crazy to even be.a Nemesis plot so the only remaining reason is “a wizard did it.”

My magi say that they can neither confirm nor deny that theory. 

They look awfully shifty when asked about it, though, so make of that what you will. 

• Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

Clearly, your idea of sane and my idea of sane differ.  😝

Valentine’s Day event. Babies everywhere.

still...haven’t...recovered...

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

It's why you go to some places like /enterbasefrompasscode RPCITY-1188 and suddenly it's like, holy crap, a real city. Ice cream parlors, pizza places we can enter, bowling alleys, gyms, all places we can enter.

6 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

For asking why normal stuff is missing, you forget to ask why is there normal crime in a city of what are basically civic employee force of Heroes.  The planetary invasions and magical end of the world, sure that would be expected...but what idiot tries to mug a women's purse right outside city hall.  That is wierd.

To be the killjoy know-it-all, the official reason given is that after the Rikti War, with all but 8 super heroes left in the whole world, crime ran rampant since there was nobody around to stop them.

But really, it's because the Skulls have great dental plans.😉

3 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

I mentioned this in another thread before, but the office designs in Paragon City are actually a really ingenious security measure. 

In a city where super villains are constantly trying to kidnap people and take over the world, you have to be creative. Hiring security guards and installing cameras just won't cut it. Instead, you make the layout of your office so ridiculously nonsensical and complicated that any would-be evil-doers get lost in the labyrinthine layout of the place, giving the heroes more time to show up and save the day. 

I mean, do you ever wonder why virtually every single time you show up to save the office, you get there just in time to save the day? Unorthodox problems require unorthodox solutions. 😄

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

10 hours ago, Marine X said:

No One ever mows the grass, 

The Paragon City Landscaping Department is just a bunch of Plant Controllers. 

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

10 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

I take it you don't spend a lot of time in US northeast cities.  You could count on one hand the number of "drive thru with order boards" in Manhattan, Boston downtown or center city Philly, which are probably the closest analogues to Paragon City.  

To be fair, there will be a MANY such drive thrus with order boards in the surrounding suburbs. 

But not in the actual metropolis itself. 

Same with supermarkets, too.

The citys has sub sandwiches infront steakhouses, capt kraken seafood hamburgers chicken chinese gyros Mexican donut shops italian and im sure more food. They DO have super markets everywhere just not mega ones. Pawn shops movie theatres  bars and bowling alleys and you cant forget about the wizards well games/comics store on every corner the kid thing could be chalked up to wars mutations and so forth

Edit: oh and there are car repair shops you even enter a custom 1 if you do the Lou arc tho theres also shops usually attached to pawn shops the city also has a huge airport according to arc lore which is located idk but you save a plane from council. Theres alot of other parts of the city mentioned but isnt in the game zones

Edited by Onemantankwall

Things I find odd 

Trolls explaining to other Trolls on the street the effects of superadine. I constantly see Trolls in Skyway saying things like "Me have body by superadine!" to a guy whose skin is literally green because he's already hooked on the stuff. 

Also seeing Outcast lieutenants and bosses struggling with a civilian while trying to steal their purse. Dude, you have super powers! Just give them a quick zap and they'll drop it!

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

I don't want to sound all tin-foily, but perhaps you should consider the possibility that the whole of Paragon might be a simulation. I know, I know, not really an orthodox position to hold, but just consider it. Then there's also the case of real fake doors plastered all over the city, but I don't think we're ready to go that deep yet.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I want to take a moment to present exhibit A: elevator paraphernalia found in the Rogue Isles

659522091_2020-08-1410_26_27-Window.thumb.png.79bff78c57e3be11d14927cef57bbb33.png

I'm on floor C2. I don't know what the letter C might refer to, but it's accurate since I've gone up one elevator. I went down the elevator and found I was on floor C1. This makes sense, though if the C refers to a section of the floor then the order should be Floor Number and then Letter: 2A, 2B, 2C, etc.

The elevator keypad here shows 8 levels, an alarm, the buttons to close and open elevator doors, and openings for what I presume is a speaker.

A few things might immediately strike you as strange. You may be wondering why there are more than 2 buttons for floors to access, even though as we all know elevators only go between one floor and another. That's strange, but keep looking and pondering and it gets even weirder.

We also see a floor directory, and it's a little strange. The directory has 22 entries. The writing is very hard to make out, but the last three numbers are something like 124, 306 and 108, in that order, which I wouldn't regard as the most intuitive order. There don't appear to be any letters in the directory, meaning that the large floor sign, the directory and the elevator buttons all use different numbering systems. It could make sense if the first digit refers to the floor, the second to perhaps a section (different section to C?) and the third to the specific office, but that leaves a lot of openings between some of the numbers shown, though the linear scuff marks imply that the board has been altered a lot (is it written in chalk???). A few names in the directory repeat themselves, including their number reference. (see left, first from the top and eighth from the top - number 500. Right, second from top and ninth from top - number 154/134). I tried to make out some names and saw words like "The" and "Legal", but I also see words starting with the letters 'Hb' and 'PQ', so I think it's mostly random typing.

But the strangest thing?

Those are the sorts of keypads that you should see inside the elevator, not outside. From outside the elevator you can close and open the doors, sound the alarm and speak to an operator. You can send the elevator wherever you like even though you're not riding the elevator yourself. To get the elevator to come to you, you must press the floor that corresponds to the level you're on, which presumably is number 2. Pressing any other numbers here would be absolutely no use to you.

Edited by Lines
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lines said:

Those are the sorts of keypads that you should see inside the elevator, not outside. From outside the elevator you can close and open the doors, sound the alarm and speak to an operator. You can send the elevator wherever you like even though you're not riding the elevator yourself. To get the elevator to come to you, you must press the floor that corresponds to the level you're on, which presumably is number 2. Pressing any other numbers here would be absolutely no use to you.

I think we seriously need to consider the possibility that the elevators never actually move at all.  The office building floors simply phase through one another, depositing the passenger at the appropriate destination.  The so-called 'elevators' act as dimensional anchor points which stop you summoning an elevator in an Atlas Park office and ending up buried twenty feet underground in solid rock.

(That thing where you change levels, find yourself staring at the new map at floor level, and then suddenly snap into the right location?  Obviously a glitch in the phasing system.)

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

21 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

For asking why normal stuff is missing, you forget to ask why is there normal crime in a city of what are basically civic employee force of Heroes.  The planetary invasions and magical end of the world, sure that would be expected...but what idiot tries to mug a women's purse right outside city hall.  That is wierd.

Have you seen any schools? Elementary or high schools? The university sure, but it's just engineering students learning how to make things. There are obviously no philosophy, economics or business classes to teach those idiot Hellions or Skulls how to make good decisions.

1 hour ago, Turric said:

Have you seen any schools? Elementary or high schools? The university sure, but it's just engineering students learning how to make things. There are obviously no philosophy, economics or business classes to teach those idiot Hellions or Skulls how to make good decisions.

Home school 

Got to keep the kids safe from planetary invasion and magical end of world situations.  Would explain why you don't see kids out doors. They are indoors learning.  The hoodlums of Paragon, high-school drop outs.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

4 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Home school 

Got to keep the kids safe from planetary invasion and magical end of world situations.  Would explain why you don't see kids out doors. They are indoors learning.  The hoodlums of Paragon, high-school drop outs.

Kinda funny since one of my heroes, Sir Slasher, is a History professor in Steel Canyon's University.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lines said:

I want to take a moment to present exhibit A: elevator paraphernalia found in the Rogue Isles

659522091_2020-08-1410_26_27-Window.thumb.png.79bff78c57e3be11d14927cef57bbb33.png

I'm on floor C2. I don't know what the letter C might refer to, but it's accurate since I've gone up one elevator. I went down the elevator and found I was on floor C1. This makes sense, though if the C refers to a section of the floor then the order should be Floor Number and then Letter: 2A, 2B, 2C, etc.

The elevator keypad here shows 8 levels, an alarm, the buttons to close and open elevator doors, and openings for what I presume is a speaker.

A few things might immediately strike you as strange. You may be wondering why there are more than 2 buttons for floors to access, even though as we all know elevators only go between one floor and another. That's strange, but keep looking and pondering and it gets even weirder.

We also see a floor directory, and it's a little strange. The directory has 22 entries. The writing is very hard to make out, but the last three numbers are something like 124, 306 and 108, in that order, which I wouldn't regard as the most intuitive order. There don't appear to be any letters in the directory, meaning that the large floor sign, the directory and the elevator buttons all use different numbering systems. It could make sense if the first digit refers to the floor, the second to perhaps a section (different section to C?) and the third to the specific office, but that leaves a lot of openings between some of the numbers shown, though the linear scuff marks imply that the board has been altered a lot (is it written in chalk???). A few names in the directory repeat themselves, including their number reference. (see left, first from the top and eighth from the top - number 500. Right, second from top and ninth from top - number 154/134). I tried to make out some names and saw words like "The" and "Legal", but I also see words starting with the letters 'Hb' and 'PQ', so I think it's mostly random typing.

But the strangest thing?

Plahing with filters u can read some of the directory the first left on top is the law services of (blank) B. Wallace 2nd 1 down same row says social security (blank) theres also a Police Firm yes a few of them are repeated but majority isnt, seems they are all real things i just cant catch the entire words of a few

Edited by Onemantankwall
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

Things I find odd 

Trolls explaining to other Trolls on the street the effects of superadine. I constantly see Trolls in Skyway saying things like "Me have body by superadine!" to a guy whose skin is literally green because he's already hooked on the stuff. 

Most trolls' intelligence level is about on par with Beavis and Butthead, so stating and restating the obvious is just par for the course.

12 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

Also seeing Outcast lieutenants and bosses struggling with a civilian while trying to steal their purse. Dude, you have super powers! Just give them a quick zap and they'll drop it!

Not everyone with super powers decides to become a hero.  Lots of invincible civilians out there.  The ones who aren't invincible drop the purse and run like any sensible person would when faced with a purse-snatcher who can breathe fire.    There's nothing important in those purses anyway, because unlike in the real world, in Paragon City you can actually fit things into the pockets in women's clothes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4