Isn't it a little bit ODD?

Marine X

On 8/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, Outrider_01 said:

For asking why normal stuff is missing, you forget to ask why is there normal crime in a city of what are basically civic employee force of Heroes.  The planetary invasions and magical end of the world, sure that would be expected...but what idiot tries to mug a women's purse right outside city hall.  That is wierd.

Some ****** ******* always tryin to ice skate uphill.

• Haha 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 8/13/2020 at 9:04 AM, FoulVileTerror said:

Fairly sure there -are- fast food restaurants.

Unless we're assuming City of Gyros and El Super Mexicano are slow-food restaurants.

Also, there's a second creepy child, and she's around all the time . . . forever . . . always a child . . . even after 15 years . . . 

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Penny_Preston

But she's a mutant, so it's fine.

"slow-food restaurant"

Reminds me of an episode of reboot

Al's Wait & Eat

Something I always thought was weird, and this is likely due to technical limitations and/or the lack of priority, is the apparent lack of any disabled civilians in what I presume is supposed to be a densely-populated city. Even the older population doesn't seem to need to rely on walking sticks, crutches or wheelchairs.

57 minutes ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Something I always thought was weird, and this is likely due to technical limitations and/or the lack of priority, is the apparent lack of any disabled civilians in what I presume is supposed to be a densely-populated city. Even the older population doesn't seem to need to rely on walking sticks, crutches or wheelchairs.

The elderly or lower immune system folks are staying inside...global pandemic.  Ramps are abundant so I suspect the wheelchair bound folks have the chairs with stealth/invisibility.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, EmmySky said:

The elderly or lower immune system folks are staying inside...global pandemic.  Ramps are abundant so I suspect the wheelchair bound folks have the chairs with stealth/invisibility.

Or Crey has a division developing technologies to provide reasonable accommodations and enhanced mobility devices?

Edited by Nyghtmaire
Autocorrect errors
  • Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

4 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

The train station is handicap accessible just in case.

Gaming technical reasons aside for not having many kids in the city,  one must really ask:  what caring parent would NOT try to get their kids out of this particular city, or at least to a safe suburb not seen in-game?  I mean, I ask all the time why there's still ADULT people living in a city where they're likely to be killed or worse by Clockwork, Vahz, CoT, Banished Pantheon, and Trolls running loose en masse.  I'm not even counting every superpowered thug gang,  super paramilitary group, and alien invader.  Shoot I'm not even considering an "ordinary" street gang like the Warriors.  This place is crazy!  Who'd let their kid live in the city let alone walk the streets?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

I mean, I ask all the time why there's still ADULT people living in a city where they're likely to be killed or worse by Clockwork, Vahz, CoT, Banished Pantheon, and Trolls running loose en masse.  I'm not even counting every superpowered thug gang,  super paramilitary group, and alien invader.  Shoot I'm not even considering an "ordinary" street gang like the Warriors.  This place is crazy!  Who'd let their kid live in the city let alone walk the streets?

There's a reason why random villains are finding it so difficult to snatch the purse from women on the streets.

All the remaining civilians living in the city are super powered. They're just not heroes or villains.

Why else would the CoT want to body snatch them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why no disabled people? Have you seen how inexpensive a set of cybernetic legs are from the technology origin shop?

Heck, there’s magic stores you can just walk into and buy powerful enchanted talismans that boost all manner of things.

So the “everyone (or at least a fair percentage) is actually super” argument actually has some merit to it.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, Techwright said:

Gaming technical reasons aside for not having many kids in the city,  one must really ask:  what caring parent would NOT try to get their kids out of this particular city, or at least to a safe suburb not seen in-game?  I mean, I ask all the time why there's still ADULT people living in a city where they're likely to be killed or worse by Clockwork, Vahz, CoT, Banished Pantheon, and Trolls running loose en masse.  I'm not even counting every superpowered thug gang,  super paramilitary group, and alien invader.  Shoot I'm not even considering an "ordinary" street gang like the Warriors.  This place is crazy!  Who'd let their kid live in the city let alone walk the streets?

That's true for all comics, but particularly the indie ones (AKA not  DC and Marvel) like Savage Dragon and Invincible. Being gory and much better continuity than mainstream comics it is common for large swathes of a population to be killed regularly (dead heroes also tend to stay dead since no status quo to protect) from invasions and evil characters. But, funny enough, the population never seems to issue a murmur about it. They just pick themselves up, rebuild, and carry on.

I can't believe no one has a theory on this......

On 8/13/2020 at 8:30 AM, Marine X said:

I saw somewhere that the White Plains Mall and Convention Center is at 2949.6 -2 -5937.6, I'll have to go check that out.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:30 AM, Marine X said:

A Volcano off the Rhode Island Coast. A Volcano. Granted it's not active, or is it? A Volcano, huh.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 8/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, Twisted Toon said:

There's a reason why random villains are finding it so difficult to snatch the purse from women on the streets.

All the remaining civilians living in the city are super powered. They're just not heroes or villains.

Why else would the CoT want to body snatch them?

Actually, they ARE heroes and villians... they're just trying to keep their secret identity a secret.   But don't ask me why that's still important.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Actually, they ARE heroes and villians... they're just trying to keep their secret identity a secret.   But don't ask me why that's still important.

Because superheroes cause a lot of collateral damage, and they don't want to get their asses sued.  Or because their mom think heroing is too dangerous and they don't want her to worry.  (Said mom has been kidnapped by the CoT twice in the last week, but hey, that's just life in Paragon City.)

Gallius the Death Mage: "*sighs* For the record, I did *NOT* kidnap Abigail Uberman. I asked her to tea. Very politely. And we had an excellent time of it... It isn't MY fault that her son Jimmy simply isn't ready for the idea that his mother might have a social life."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I saw a couple questions.  Something about someone getting a purse snatched/mugged on City Hall steps, and who would let their kids walk around the city?

My answer: Ever been to Seattle?  And that was BEFORE the riots.

Wait until they defund the Police...

And they even have their own super hero - Phoenix Jones.

Isn't it a little bit ODD that you can take the T between Atlas and Independence Port, or super-speed, or even long range teleport, and Ms. Liberty always gets there first?

Also, when did she become a creepy stalker following players around anyway?