Sitting on a Pile of 2000 Merits

oedipus_tex

So I haven't done an official count, but I think I have something like 2000 merits scattered across all my characters.

Thing is, I almost never spend them. I occasionally have used enhancement converters to flip cheap recipes. Also I've converted merits to converters and sold for cash.

I need to start moving these merits and stop hoarding. What would the experts do with them?

I'm at 50,000 & I still have no idea what to do with them to be honest.

It's over 50,000 now at the time of this post.

Also if people can send me a good end level build for an Electric Melee/Energy Aura Stalker & a SJ/WP Brute, that would be great, thanks.

50,000.PNG

Edited by RoboKnight

On 8/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, RoboKnight said:

Also if people can send me a good end level build for an Electric Melee/Energy Aura Stalker & a SJ/WP Brute, that would be great, thanks.

Sure, for 25,000 Merits a piece 😛

Of course I'm kidding.

1 hour ago, Camelbobsled said:

Currently at 234,200.

Welp, I think we found who's been buying all the Super Packs.

Also, that's like 35 Billion INF worth of Converter sales.

The idea of claiming, converting to converters, and then posting to the market just sounds exhausting.... The real goal is to hit 250,000 and have a chuckle that I was able to buy all them merits then i'll probably just give most of em away as purples to players who need em.

6 hours ago, Camelbobsled said:

The idea of claiming, converting to converters, and then posting to the market just sounds exhausting.... The real goal is to hit 250,000 and have a chuckle that I was able to buy all them merits then i'll probably just give most of em away as purples to players who need em.

You could make it a real event. Get a few people together and post up some kind of event (lie and call it an extravagant costume contest or something), have people pack in on the Atlas Park steps like its audience seating. Name your character Oprah, line up a few "guests" for a "20 minute show", go all out. Give away all the team/dual inspirations at first like the "opener gift", toss out a few random catalysts and converters for everyone, and then at the end:

"You get a purple, and you get a purple, and YOU GET A PURPLE!!! Everyone gets purples!!!" It'll be the big car giveaway ending.

• Like 1

That's a nice stash! Silly me, I've been using my merits to help my farmers convert so they don't have to spend any inf on them. They're much too busy to actually do content, silly farmers. 

I am curious about one thing - that I'm too sissy to experiment with. 

If you have a hero merit and go rogue or villain..does it convert? or does it disappear? 

If you change your alignment, your hero/villain merits stay they way they are. You can still re-convert them at the atm from hero/villain merit back to reward merits.

12 hours ago, Camelbobsled said:

The idea of claiming, converting to converters, and then posting to the market just sounds exhausting

It is, and it isn't. I usually do this about once a month: craft all the recipes my toons have, as long as my salvage stash allows, to clear out both my base, vault, and personal inventories. exchange merits to a buttload of converters and click away. It's a kind of Vegas Slot Machine Zen thing that I treat as a mini-game. Either I get a desirable one like a def or healing and post it for a decent price, or I just say screw it an post whatever for 1,000 inf. quite relaxing, actually 😃 

On 8/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, oedipus_tex said:

So I haven't done an official count, but I think I have something like 2000 merits scattered across all my characters.

Thing is, I almost never spend them. I occasionally have used enhancement converters to flip cheap recipes. Also I've converted merits to converters and sold for cash.

I need to start moving these merits and stop hoarding. What would the experts do with them?

You mean BESIDES twinking your pantheon out for complete min-maxed power?

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I use them to be alot pickier about what I put on the market converter crafting. Do some in set conversions if it nets me an extra million, don't settle for the 2 million IO thats got 500 copies of it listed. If I craft and convert 80 enhancements I'll often list 6-8 LOTGs cause I'll gladly convert in type until I get them if I get like gift of the ancients. I earn merits faster than I spend them doing this, I generally go through about 400 converters per 80 enhancements listed.