Flash Freeze more like Synaptic Overload?

Solarverse

The only way I can even see Flash Freeze being any good in this game on a Troller, Dom or any other AT, is by placing the Superior Frozen Blast Proc in it, which is just another Immob Proc. Sure, it's good for dropping Force Field Bubbles on those pesky CoT Bosses, but those bosses are no more once you pass a certain level and are traded out for other Boss types. In today's game, a one time sleep is pretty useless IMO, but has such a nice SFX and animation, I hate seeing it go to waste. I can see it being good solo...very good solo, but for teams, not so much. With all the AoE going around, the one time sleep is pretty pointless.

Synaptic Overload on the other hand works very differently; not only does it put them to sleep, but it also puts them back to sleep if they take damage. I can see Flash Freeze being a very useful tool in today's game-play if it were changed to be more like Synaptic Overload. In its current state, I find it to be a very outdated mechanic that could benefit from today's mechanics of Synaptic Overload.

Just tossing that out there and seeing what kind of bites it pulls in.

2ga4pw.jpg

• Thanks 2

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Static Field, not Synaptic Overload. Anyway, Static Field is a pseudopet that continuously reapplies the Sleep in its AoE, while Flash Freeze is just a one-shot attack from the caster directly to the targets. While the sleep reapplying from Flash Freeze over a duration would be nice, I'm not sure it's possible to achieve without some entity constantly casting a sleep effect on the targets. I have a feeling that if you program in a Sleep-Over-Time effect into a power, the entire effect is going to be cancelled when the target takes damage, rather than just any currently-applied stacks of sleep.

Edited by Vanden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Static Field, not Synaptic Overload. Anyway, Static Field is a pseudopet that continuously reapplies the Sleep in its AoE, while Flash Freeze is just a one-shot attack from the caster directly to the targets. While the sleep reapplying from Flash Freeze over a duration would be nice, I'm not sure it's possible to achieve without some entity constantly casting a sleep effect on the targets. I have a feeling that if you program in a Sleep-Over-Time effect into a power, the entire effect is going to be cancelled when the target takes damage, rather than just any currently-applied stacks of sleep.

You are absolutely correct. Static Field was the power I was speaking of. Glad you caught that.

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

. Sure, it's good for dropping Force Field Bubbles on those pesky CoT Bosses, but those bosses are no more once you pass a certain level and are traded out for other Boss types

However, Sleep drops them on fake nems, too. Which makes them easier to hit and hold or knock down and (hopefully) keep them from going into PFF.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 hours ago, Greycat said:

However, Sleep drops them on fake nems, too. Which makes them easier to hit and hold or knock down and (hopefully) keep them from going into PFF.

Yeah, if you catch them in mid animation you can prevent PFF...there is like a 1.5 (not an exact number) second window from the time they start the animation to the time PFF activates that if timed right, you can interrupt their PFF and put them to sleep. All the same, I would be tickled pink if Flash Freeze worked more like Static Field. I would literally do the jig.  😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Yeah, if you catch them in mid animation you can prevent PFF...there is like a 1.5 (not an exact number) second window from the time they start the animation to the time PFF activates that if timed right, you can interrupt their PFF and put them to sleep. All the same, I would be tickled pink if Flash Freeze worked more like Static Field. I would literally do the jig.  😄

Oh, I'm not even talking animation. You keep knocking them down/up/sideways, they won't be able to get that out at all. The sleep's just to knock down the bubble. 🙂

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

My knees are no longer medically capable of doing a jig,

I am sort of looking forward to levelling my Elec/Elec Dominator though. He's been on the backlog for awhile.

• Like 1