Best Base in Paragon City, 3.0!

Blushield

Why not right? I'd like to enter Impulse! It's decorated for Halloween right now since we have an event on the 18th. Not sure if this will be a problem or if you want to judge the "original".

SG: Impulse

Basecode: Impulse-12229

Global: @X-Rei

• Like 1

Base Name: Olympians
Password: OLYMPUS-13579
Base mostly functions in one room outside the entry way, though there is an extra decorative room. I am not sure if that second decorative room disqualifies it our not. But it is a small functional base I use for quick teleports and crafting for my Olympian themed character rotations. Help yourselves to the inspire tree at the entry way while you are there. The enhance tables are separated stat boosts at the prayer statue, dps by the sword one, Def buffs/debuffs by the shield, and control by the crying child statue.

• Community Rep

SG: Spooktastic

Code: Boo-17189

Public themed base for fun, could fit in maze category as well. 🙂 Each of the 4 paths to explore has an endpoint which can transport you to the end  goal (the treat room!).

-Dacy

(PS, for best experience, no flying, set /visscale to 5 or higher)

Edited by Dacy
additional info

SG: Powergirls

Code; Powergirls-9367

Contact @Crimsonstar

Commissioned work by the ever lovely and talented @Dacy

Townhome in upscale neighborhood, of the waterfront district in Founders's Falls

Shopping down the block, including Antonio's pizzeria with warm welcoming staff.

Ample parking for residents and lovely secluded park at street end. 

• Community Rep

Oh, I hadn't read all of the posts in here. I entered a base I did, a public base which I own, and then @ralewis entered  a base that she owns, but I made it for her. Does that count as one or two for me? That's the only problem with doing bases for others, I'm never sure of these rules. On the one hand, it doesn't seem fair to exclude someone because their base builder did another base that is also entered, but on the other hand, it's also not fair to hog the competition, and hey, I'm competing against ...myself? Tho in different categories. Can they be entered in different categories? Let me know, and we'll work it out, I don't want to be a problem, here.

-Dacy

Hey there! I threw in last fall with this base, but it's undergone a lot of changes — upgraded areas, some entirely new zones, and other general refinements. This'll probably be its last hurrah in the contest circuit, as it's pretty much "done." 😀

SG: Court of Acanthi

Password: SWAMP-9126

Global: @Aeolius

6 hours ago, Dacy said:

Oh, I hadn't read all of the posts in here. I entered a base I did, a public base which I own, and then @ralewis entered  a base that she owns, but I made it for her. Does that count as one or two for me? That's the only problem with doing bases for others, I'm never sure of these rules. On the one hand, it doesn't seem fair to exclude someone because their base builder did another base that is also entered, but on the other hand, it's also not fair to hog the competition, and hey, I'm competing against ...myself? Tho in different categories. Can they be entered in different categories? Let me know, and we'll work it out, I don't want to be a problem, here.

-Dacy

It's acceptable to contract out base building. If @ralewis wins, we'll give the money to her to do as she sees fit.

SG: Giardino Di Cemento

Password: Grunge-14113 

Global: @BBBadger

Description: And old warehouse gentrified in a previous industrial zone of Port Oakes. Now luxury apartments. The room that is the base belongs to the architect. 

I'm aiming for that Small Base prize. 

Edited by BBBadger
  • Like 1

"Hey, boss. How come all the other supergroups have big beautiful bases, but we're working out of a tiny little cheap-ass garage in Kings Row?"

"Because when the bad guys inevitably attack the base and blow it up, it'll be a hell of a lot easier to replace than an expensive Batcave under stately Wayne manor."

SG: The Faraday Irregulars
Password: ProdigysGarage-4651
Global: @Avonlea

Tight, functional, and charmingly lowbrow, this is superheroics done on the cheap. The one high-tech feature was to hide a teleporter in the globe in the leader's office for ease of access in his secret identity, and although he's not wild about having people in his office (especially that shifty-looking guy from Icon), at least they're not hanging out in the secret garage...

SG: The Tangle

Passcode: Tangle-6728

Global: @Wildstone

Description: A hidden Boomtown hideout for my character Little Spider. A semi intact warehouse that has been cleaned up and repurposed with a sewer swimming area and hang out for friends and guests

• Like 1

SG: The Church of Eternal Mercy

Passcode: MERCY-7529

Global: @Eldershinjo

Description: The fortress cathedral of the Church of Eternal Mercy. A mix of old world and seemingly Victorian architecture, and more modern technology that recently (and mysteriously) appeared on a small trio of islands off the east coast of the United States. Aside from the massive cathedral, there is also a lighthouse and an old fort that houses a small Vanguard presence.

(OOC note: Please do be careful in the catacombs under the cathedral. Due to the unfortunate happenstance of my computer breaking down and no longer working (literally happened/today/! 😥) the Vanguard teleporter section is unfinished. Do be careful to not fall off into the abyss. Otherwise, enjoy the base.)

(Edit: Thanks to being able to fix my computer quicker then I thought I could, I managed to finish the teleporter room enough that it's not just open to the emptiness! Enjoy looking around!)

Edited by Elltenia

We're ready to set up the first block of time for Guided Base Tours: Saturday, 24 Oct, 11am -2pm Eastern

Scheduling a Base Tour is NOT REQUIRED for the contest, but a lot of people feel it's the best way to represent their base.

In the interest of time and fairness, we're going to limit the tours to 20 mins or so, which gives us a little time to make some notes.

A second block (with a more West Coast friendly times) will also be set up.

If you'd like us to tour your base, choose a free block below. In the event that 2 folks want the same time, we'll try to schedule the next person in the closest available time.

Again, if these don't work for you , there will be another block scheduled soon.

Again, this is not required, and we have already started visiting bases. This is just an opportunity for those who want to give a guided tour.

Base Tour Signups: Block 1 24 Oct 2020
Time Name
11:00am-11:20am @jibily
11:30am-11:50am @RoboKnight
12:00 (noon) - 12:20pm @ironjoe
12:30pm-12:50pm @Kataklysm
1:00pm - 1:20pm @BBBadger
1:30pm-1:50pm @pshaw

Edited by Blushield

I can take the last one, 1:30 to 1:50, or wait till the more west coast friendly times come out, being a west coaster myself.

The tour could be given by any Pshaw, @twentysix or @pshaw

Edited by 026