'Design-A-Rama' Base Building Contest

TrixieChrome

1 hour ago, TrixieChrome said:

Don't forget to PLEASE mark your original post as FINISHED so me and the judges can start looking at your work! We are incredibly excited!!! 

❤️ trixie

Best wishes on the base tours that you'll be doing these next two weeks.

Hope you have a great time. Good luck to all of the contestants!

• Like 1

Just now, borgking001a said:

When will we know who the winners are?

Keep an eye on this forum post. 

Rose and I have two weeks from tonight at midnight to go through all our entries and choose the winners. I will make a post in here when we are close to picking our finalists and once the choice has been made. 

🙂

The Sister's Chrome Own:

The Legendary  Trixie Chrome

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

10 hours ago, Rose said:

Ok guys. Your entries are locked in, and judging has begun and my God from what I seen its gonna be a fight!

2 weeks of no fiddling with it? Drat!!! None the less we be thanking you for this opportunity to help get ourselves out there. The added foot traffic has no doubt helped spread the word of us from Fort  Hades, Port oaks, to the Peregrine Islands and the crew list is ever bountiful lately! 

Edited by Onemantankwall

• 2 weeks later

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

First Place
2 Billion

Shades of Arachnos
Global- @Gio Valia

Second Place
1.5 Billion

The Divine

Global - @ankh

Third Place
1 Billion

The Invincible Ones 
Global Chat Handle: @Invincer 

Honorable Mention: 

Global: @DASHER 
Supergroup: The League Against Nemesis 

100mil 

Global: @Chaos Girl 
Villain Group: The Masters of Disaster 

100mil

Global: @idoc 
Supergroup: Nightstalkers Inc 

100mil

I sent out ALL prizes via global email. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you did not receive your prizes. 

Congrats to all of our winner and THANK YOU to all of our participates. We truly appreciate this community and what we can pull together for yous. 

❤️ Trixie

• Like 2

The Sister's Chrome Own:

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

Oh wow. I'm shocked to have placed first in the contest. Thank you for hosting the event. It was great to have the chance to see everyone's creations on Excelsior. The base builders in this game have some incredible skill and imagination. Shout-out to @Onemantankwall and @LordofChaos (Chaos Girl), amazing bases both of you.

I loved the animal head wall with dagger teeth @Onemantank. @Chaos girl's gauntlet of death leading to the prison area really worked well to give a sense of foreboding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

• Community Rep

Congratulations, Giovanni! I knew you'd be in the top three, for sure, and was thinking you could definitely win it. Well executed, large, detailed base, no flicker, well laid out, with some inventive stuff. I wasn't sure if Divine would count, since it was not finished, and the rules said that the base must be finished to be judged, but it's spectacular. And I truly thought Chaos Girl's base would be in the top three, but, I think that without her to guide them, a person could easily not find all the incredible things she's put into that base. Which is too bad, because it's a super well thought out base, as well, and both of you put so much time into it! Well done, everyone.

-Dacy

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Congratulations, Giovanni! I knew you'd be in the top three, for sure, and was thinking you could definitely win it. Well executed, large, detailed base, no flicker, well laid out, with some inventive stuff. I wasn't sure if Divine would count, since it was not finished, and the rules said that the base must be finished to be judged, but it's spectacular. And I truly thought Chaos Girl's base would be in the top three, but, I think that without her to guide them, a person could easily not find all the incredible things she's put into that base. Which is too bad, because it's a super well thought out base, as well, and both of you put so much time into it! Well done, everyone.

-Dacy

I understand your concerns but The Divine's base was marked as finished in the time it was supposed to be. The magnitude of that build was incredible. I loved Chaos Girl's base just as much as I loved all the others and that's why I believed she deserved an honorable mention. Rose and I had a /really/ tough choice on who took third place. We debated it for days which is why it left you guys all antsy and on your toes on just who would place in the top three. 

Trixie

Edited by TrixieChrome

The Sister's Chrome Own:

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

5 minutes ago, TrixieChrome said:

I understand your concerns but The Divine's base was marked as finished in the time it was supposed to be. The magnitude of that build was incredible. I loved Chaos Girl's base just as much as I loved all the others and that's why I believed she deserved an honorable mention. Rose and I had a /really/ tough choice on who took third place. We debated it for days which is why it left you guys all antsy and on your toes on just who would place in the top three. 

Trixie

We threw shoes at each other.... we stopped talking for days... i had to send her a rose to get her to think of me again... it was a big family battle.... i will never be the same lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Rose said:

We threw shoes at each other.... we stopped talking for days... i had to send her a rose to get her to think of me again... it was a big family battle.... i will never be the same lol

YOU ARE SO OVER DRAMATIC! 

UGH.  ❤️ you though.

The Sister's Chrome Own:

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

Thank you Rose and Trixie for hosting this contest. I had a lot of fun trading ideas and tours with the other contestants, and even the insane amount of midnight oil I burned scrambling to complete my overly ambitious sub-level by the contest deadline.

Gio and Dacy, Congratulations and thank you both for your kind endorsements. You were my building gurus, and you both inspired me to take my build to the next level. With every base build, I learn more that I can apply to the next project.

The Chaos base will continue to grow, but I think the aforementioned next project will be to remodel my old starship base, the Titan, to incorporate some of the ideas I got from Dacy's Oranderite.

I'll see you all in the Base Builders Inc chat channel.

-Chaos

• Community Rep

Chaos Girl, that was a beautiful and sweet post. I’m honored to be a “guru” for you. It always amazes me and is both humbling and thrilling to see people take what I showed them and go to even more extraordinary heights with it! Oh, and, there’s a trick to cladding the outside of a base, I think I was the one to discover how to tame the editor’s balkiness in this regard; I will be happy to show/tell you about it (when I can, I will make a video about it).

-Dacy

1 hour ago, frankiel2 said:

Not that one ---> this ----> Supergroup: One Hero Nation

While I'm not going into why we didn't choose one base or another, there were holes in this design that got trixie and I got /stuck below the floor.  

We understand that not everyone will like our choices. But they are our choices and our billions to give away.  Trust me when I say that we took great care in looking the details in everyone's base and asked questions when we had them. 

~🌹 rose