Team Transporter and Alignment

Apparition

I am not sure if this is a bug report, a suggestion, or perhaps a misunderstanding.  So, here goes.

I recently discovered that you can use the Team Transporter to take your team directly to tram missions.  Use the Team Transporter, boom.  You and your team are now in the mission instead of taking the tram or going to Ouroboros.  Great.

For about the past year, whenever I do a Market Crash trial, I either skip the second mission entirely or leave it early, head to the tram in Kallisti Wharf, and wait.  Once the second mission is completed and everyone is out of the mission, I teleport the team to the tram.  I do this so the difficulty setting remains the same in the third and final mission, and to avoid alignment weirdness when teammates are in different zones.

With the Team Transporter discovery, I thought, “Great!  Maybe I won’t have to skip the second Market Crash trial mission now, nor leave it early.  Just use the Team Transporter.”

Except I tried it tonight, and it didn’t work.  It gave everyone the error that there were people of different alignments on the team.

My question is:  If teammates of differing alignments can use the Team Transporter in the LGTF or on the ITF, why not Market Crash or other areas?

I think the error is incorrect. Team Transport requires a specific door to transport to, but the third mission of Market Crash doesn't have one. 

Edit: having woken up and drank coffee, I now see you disproved my above statement. 😛It would be worth testing on a co-op team on the first or second mission to see if they work.

I just had a go at using the black market teleporter to see if that could land you at the wentworths near the station, but it only takes you to the black market on the opposite side.

Edited by Lines

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I have used Team Transport on the last mission of the Kahn TF multiple times and once when it failed. Not sure why it failed that one time.

Yeah.  A Dr. Kahn TF a couple of weeks ago is when I learned that you can use the Team Transporter to take your team to tram missions.  It worked, and I was told that it works for any tram mission.  But that doesn't appear to be the case.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Yeah... It's not a consistent bug, but it's definitely there. I've seen it flake out a time or two on Khan as well. 

I am wondering if it legitimately “flakes out,” or if it just doesn’t work on tram missions with cross-faction teams, given that about 85 percent of the player base are heroes and vigilantes so odds are most teams do not have villains nor rogues on them.

Edited by Apparition

The issue for the transporter is the destination is the train. If it weren't the train, it'd work fine, regardless of alignment variation within the group. I always ouro out of the mission, take FF and hop to the train. (Don't think I've ever done MC on a villain, so dunno what I'd do. ) 

I don't know why the TT has an issue with the train as a destination...nor why the original Devs uses trains as destination points -  we couldn't just go to a given zone or portal? <shrug>

On 8/18/2020 at 7:41 AM, Apparition said:

I am not sure if this is a bug report, a suggestion, or perhaps a misunderstanding.  So, here goes.

I recently discovered that you can use the Team Transporter to take your team directly to tram missions.  Use the Team Transporter, boom.  You and your team are now in the mission instead of taking the tram or going to Ouroboros.  Great.

For about the past year, whenever I do a Market Crash trial, I either skip the second mission entirely or leave it early, head to the tram in Kallisti Wharf, and wait.  Once the second mission is completed and everyone is out of the mission, I teleport the team to the tram.  I do this so the difficulty setting remains the same in the third and final mission, and to avoid alignment weirdness when teammates are in different zones.

With the Team Transporter discovery, I thought, “Great!  Maybe I won’t have to skip the second Market Crash trial mission now, nor leave it early.  Just use the Team Transporter.”

Except I tried it tonight, and it didn’t work.  It gave everyone the error that there were people of different alignments on the team.

My question is:  If teammates of differing alignments can use the Team Transporter in the LGTF or on the ITF, why not Market Crash or other areas?

A bit of a tangent, but if you use the base macro (big if) when the mission ends don't lose time exiting the mission first. Use the macro while still inside, then hit King's Row. You are bound to always be the first in the map like that.

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

A bit of a tangent, but if you use the base macro (big if) when the mission ends don't lose time exiting the mission first. Use the macro while still inside, then hit King's Row. You are bound to always be the first in the map like that.

Villains can't get to King's Row.

The last mission of Market Crash requires you to take a tram (and not any other form of transport like a Rogue Island ferry - which does make sense, considering you land in Talos). The only tram available to villains is the one in Kallisti Wharf.

I normally find that by the time I'm inside the third mission, the team has only really begun on the first couple of groups.

4 minutes ago, Lines said:

Villains can't get to King's Row.

The last mission of Market Crash requires you to take a tram (and not any other form of transport like a Rogue Island ferry - which does make sense, considering you land in Talos). The only tram available to villains is the one in Kallisti Wharf.

I normally find that by the time I'm inside the third mission, the team has only really begun on the first couple of groups.

That makes sense. I haven't done red content enough to investigate which transport is closest via teleport beacon on red side. On blue side it mattered to me so I started looking it up and King's Row was perfect. I'm sure one of the base exits on red side must do the same. But if you are sure it is tram only then yeah, it's going to suck since the tram isn't close and Kallisti is huuuuuuuge.

Even leaving the mission via macro and teleporting back to Kallisti will still leave you at the middle of the map saving half the trip, but it's still half a trip.

Ouro to Grandville pops you right next to the ferry and a safe stone's throw away from a black helicopter, for reference.. Not sure about base teleporters, but none of them spring to mind.

I don't use that macro, but I can't imagine that with the extra loading screen (plus the time it takes me to remember where I put the KW warp) it would shave off more than, like, 10 - 20 seconds. If you're speedrunning maybe it's an important distinction, but you'd be doing the speedrun no favours by picking a villain in the first place.

I had a hypothesis that the team transporter was trying to send villains via the Rogue Isles Ferries when used on a 'board transit' mission, so I solo'd market crash on my villain to see what happens on the third mission - I expected it would return an error of some sort. It just takes you straight inside the mission, as working correctly. It hung on the loading screen notably longer than normal, but it may have just been loading the map.

It would be good to know what someone multi-boxing or duoing the TF with a hero and a villain gets.

Edited by Lines

16 hours ago, Sovera said:

I use this trick with the Bertha and Long Tom missions in the Synapse TF. Since the next mission after Bertha (defeat Long Tom) is always in Steel Canyon, and the mission after Long Tom is always in Skyway, hitting the base teleport when each mission ends speeds up getting to the next mission. You could also do it after the first mission of Posi 2, since only one person needs to talk to the Hero Corps field analyst, and the following mission is always in Faultline.