Catalysmic Badge - Damage dealt

Glacier Peak

5 hours ago, carroto said:

If it requires manual cycling then presumably you have to be present to monitor it, or at least come back to switch targets now and then.  About how often do you have to come back to avoid defeating an AV?

Great question! This is definitely not an AFK method. It requires you to switch AVs about once every 10-15 seconds. The more AVs you have to Brawl, the less cooldown you have. 

The improvement in damage dealt per hour is nearly five fold though! I would recommend a bit of both methods if you want to get it done quick, but also want to AFK farm.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 1 year later

@Glacier Peak

I might have found a faster afk method. It is definitely not faster than active brawl.

Also, it might be specific to builds that have a good fast AOE. For example, my Bane with frag grenade.

You have to use Flashback on the mission. Set to -1x8 and the magic sauce is set enhancements to have no effect.

Turning off enhancement turns off the special mission dot. Without the special dot. The AVs are unkillable because they still have buckets of hp and regen.

But the rest of mission buff keeps working, your recharge and damage are maxed, which negates the loss of enhancements.

Also, you're still level shifted because incarnates still work. The level difference between you and the AVs maximizes damage.

Now, gather up the mobs and auto fire your fastest AOE with the largest target cap.

Current calculation for my Bane.

~26K damage per min * 60 = ~1,500,000 per hour = ~67 hours for the badge.

But wait! It gets better. My Night Widow has spin which hits even harder.

~32K damage per min * 60 = 1,900,000 per hour = ~53 hours for the badge

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

@Glacier Peak

I might have found a faster afk method. It is definitely not faster than active brawl.

Also, it might be specific to builds that have a good fast AOE. For example, my Bane with frag grenade.

You have to use Flashback on the mission. Set to -1x8 and the magic sauce is set enhancements to have no effect.

Turning off enhancement turns off the special mission dot. Without the special dot. The AVs are unkillable because they still have buckets of hp and regen.

But the rest of mission buff keeps working, your recharge and damage are maxed, which negates the loss of enhancements.

Also, you're still level shifted because incarnates still work. The level difference between you and the AVs maximizes damage.

Now, gather up the mobs and auto fire your fastest AOE with the largest target cap.

Current calculation for my Bane.

~26K damage per min * 60 = ~1,500,000 per hour = ~67 hours for the badge.

But wait! It gets better. My Night Widow has spin which hits even harder.

~32K damage per min * 60 = 1,900,000 per hour = ~53 hours for the badge

That is a great option for builds with AoEs. I'd even recommend folks respec their third build slot (if they aren't using it) specifically for an AoE if they don't have one in their main build to do this method. No way around it though, damage dealt is a long haul farm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

27 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

That is a great option for builds with AoEs. I'd even recommend folks respec their third build slot (if they aren't using it) specifically for an AoE if they don't have one in their main build to do this method. No way around it though, damage dealt is a long haul farm.

Total accident by the way. I turned off enhancements on whim to see if I could my lower DPA below AV kill speed.

I guess the mission adds a global proc enhancement somewhere.

It might be a long haul, but at least this is an easy setup. Does not take up multiple account, unlike damage taken.

Edited by KaizenSoze

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

It might be a long haul, but at least this is an easy setup. Does not take up multiple account, unlike damage taken.

How would you farm damage that would require multiple accounts?

One of the best ways I'm aware of is to use a Rikti mission and use Rest in front of a +2 lieutenant (the kind that only uses the big sword in melee).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

How would you farm damage that would require multiple accounts?

One of the best ways I'm aware of is to use a Rikti mission and use Rest in front of a +2 lieutenant (the kind that only uses the big sword in melee).

See my comments on this thread's last page. I summed up all the awesome information that folks discovered.

You can receive 2 million damage taken per hour with the right setup. It's the fastest way to the Immortal badge currently known.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't give much in the way of advice, but I can say this is where my emp/rad defender finally came into her own. Between Electron Haze, Irradiate, Neutron Bomb, Thunder Strike and Ion Judgement, I could aggro 10 AVs for max AoEs and fling out low-damage attacks that triggered the massive DOT buff on many of them at once. I dragged them near the Ouroboros temple entrance (the Crystal Titan doesn't fit inside too well) and hit them regularly while being careful not to kill any. I don't remember how many millions of damage it was an hour, but it was a *lot* more than if I just put Ion Judgement on autofire. Putting other AoEs on autofire is too much, though, since the DOT is designed to be high enough to kill even with your lowest-damage attacks. It worked all right to whittle the mob of AVs down to 1/3 health or so, then work on something in another window while they healed up, then switch back and fling out some more AoE. Some AVs like Romulus will lose aggro and wander back to their starting position if you don't hit them again, so watch out for that. You want 10 in PBAOE range to truly maximize your damage. Sister Psyche's also hard to catch in the AoEs since she's a ranged damage dealer, so swapping to target her and zapping her with your snipe or other long-range single target attacks can net you a few more points, too. Switching targets to check the health of the AVs is important, too, since it's easy to inadvertently defeat one. Fortunately, if you mess up, you can kill the front 10 without completing the mission (there's a few more AVs up near the objective) exit and reset.

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!