Binds for electrical affinity

KaizenSoze

I have been trying out electrical affinity here and there. One of the worst issues is the constant buffing.

First I have to find a target close by then buff. I have figured out some binds to make that easier.

/bind q "unselect$$target_friend_near$$powexec_name "Rejuvenating Circuit""

/bind e "unselect$$target_friend_near$$powexec_name "Energizing Circuit""

You have to hit key twice to fire the whole thing, but it's much quicker than before.

To translate, unselect target, select nearest friendly (team, pet, some npcs), fire buff

Any other bind hacks?

On teams I just target a mob and fire all the chain powers, chances are it's targeting a teammate close to me. I'm always in melee though, so it works out for me. Those damn squishies too dumb and too scared to get inside the bubble for their own good just have to fend for themselves.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

The, select off, is in case your current target has broken LOS or out of range. In practice, people that were standing right next to me suddenly are in another room. It happened quite a lot today.

It doesn't effect the speed of the power activation.

What you want is beyond my current understanding of binds. If...then logic is not something binds support well.

There might some trickery with loading bind files. Requires more research.

Side note, those old f*rts that played Everquest. I feel like I am chaining songs on a bard.

Edited by KaizenSoze

I am Bots/EA MM I may have to try this out on my henchies. Thanks for posting 🙂

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• 8 months later
  • 1 month later

I think this might work well for you.      I use a similar bind for Trick Arrow to target and ignite oil slick with my taser.   I did a quick test on my MM that is /Elec and it seems to work well with the pets substituting as team members..   What it does if i remember correctly is Target your target on keypress, and then fire the ability when you release the key.

the Oil Slick Bind:

/bind T "+$$targetcustomnext Oil Slick$$powexecname Taser Dart"

Altered for the Electric powers.

/bind q "+$$unselect$$target_friend_near$$powexec_name "Rejuvenating Circuit""

/bind e "+$$unselect$$target_friend_near$$powexec_name "Energizing Circuit""

This one should work also.  If you want to make sure you only target "alive" friends.    Of course you can change it for "dead" teammates if you have a rez power.

/bind q "+$$unselect$$target_custom_near friend alive$$powexec_name "Rejuvenating Circuit""

/bind e "+$$unselect$$target_custom_near friend alive$$powexec_name "Energizing Circuit"" 

@Shenanigunner has some good info on in the technical reference guide.  http://www.shenanigunner.com/index.html

- edit.  I just noticed that my Oil Slick bind doesn't have the "unselect".  So my suggestion is to play around with the binds without the "unselect" in there to see if, it still works fine, and to see how it acts.    Who knows how it will act???

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later
On 6/7/2021 at 4:42 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

the Oil Slick Bind:

/bind T "+$$targetcustomnext Oil Slick$$powexecname Taser Dart"

Sorry for the necro. Would this work? /bind Q "+$$targetcustomnext Voltaic Sentinel$$powexecname "Rejuvenating Circuit"" ?

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting