Claws attacks

TNT

I have been on a stalker kick lately and I am currently running claws/dark armor.  I know it isn't the ultimate combo but I am enjoying it.   I am hoping the numbers folks can help me out.   

Which of the first two attacks is superior?   I know that swipe and strike have very similar dpa.  My question has more to do with the criticals.  Swipe gives me two chances for a crit which is pretty juicy when I sometimes pull a double crit.   How does that compare damage wise with the Strike single crit but higher base damage?

In other words, which attack are claws stalkers opting to take and use?

There is no thing like a double crits. it just displays like there are two hits. And crit will deal double the damage of the attack (sometimes not even that is true lol)

But for your concerns just pick all the attacks until you reach the ranged attack. Then you can respec out of swipe.

Cool folk with lots of recharge use Slash, Assassin Claw, Focus, Shockwave and usually shy away from eviscarade, swipe and Strike. Use Annhilation resist debuff in shockwave and achilles heel resist debuff in slash.

If you look at the power information in Swipe it displays the base damage and then it shows two lines stating chance to deal x damage.   The other attacks only show one crit chance.   

This is not true for the scrapper version of claws.  All of those attacks only show a single chance.  

There have been many times that I hit swipe and it will display "critical" twice.   The combat log confirms two additional hits plus the normal damage.  Of course there are plenty of times that I only get a single crit message which is also confirmed in the combat log.  

I initially thought that the power description was just a copy and paste issue, but I have definitely observed it happening, and it is mighty sweet.  

As for your other advice,  I was more or less on the same page regarding -res and recharge.  I just got focus and have been forcing myself to ignore slash and it works pretty well with just DO's and hasten.  I also thought that eviscerate would be skipped but hadn't decided.  Thanks for that advice, it will save me a power pick.  

I figured that since I have to take swipe or strike, that I could slot it as a filler attack for times when my recharge is debuffed.  

I stand corrected.  I tested it out this evening and it seems that I was mistaken.  Every time I got a critical with swipe it gave me the double indication.  I must have been looking at other attacks that gave single crits.  At least I can confirm that swipe does more than just double the damage when a critical hits.  When that crit lands you get over 3 times the damage of a regular roll.  Whether it will stay like that through the entire leveling process, I don't know.   I also found that you only get a single critical when attacking from a hidden state.  That is most likely due to the guarantee of getting one in that state.

I have uploaded an image of the combat log.  You can see why I was thinking it was a double crit. 

double crit.jpg

Edited by TNT
Additional Info added

Per Rubi's powers API, swipe does indeed have two effects in the effect-group for criticals (normal % chance critical, not separate crit-from-hide).  58.95 damage each, at 50, before enhancement.

They don't change your chance to crit -- the percentage chance to fire is on the effect-group, not the individual effects, so you either get both crits or nothing.

Edited by aethereal