Kheld Archetype Sets

Zep

As my PB slowly makes his way to 50 I've been looking at sets and counting merits. Boy I need a lot more merits/money. 🙂

I saw a thread about Essence Transfer, how the heal proc only works for the slotted power. I can deal with that. 

What does the special in Kheldian's Grace do? Do you need to slot it in Nova or Dwarf or will any power work to mule it?

Any other sets or specific IOs I should be looking at?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

The Kheldian Grace special can go wherever you can fit it. It provides 5% resist to all damage in human form, 13.5% damage in nova form and some extra max HP in dwarf (That will likely be completely wasted because you'll already be at the HP cap).

For essence transfer be aware that it doesn't seem to work in AoEs either, so it would only affect the slotted power if it is single target (At least in my testing).

As far as other specific IOs, I'd suggest looking at some of the builds in this forum, there are a lot of talented people here whose builds can be great starting points when designing your own that fits your own playstyle. Can't go wrong with 5 luck of the gambler global recharge IOs in any build though 🙂

2 hours ago, Zep said:

Any other sets or specific IOs I should be looking at?

Because of the lower baseline damage, you get good mileage out of damage procs. While Kheldians do get a stacking damage bonus from teammates, peacebringers are never spectacular on the damage front so every little helps.

The usual resistance set recommendation choices apply: the two 3% defence bonuses and absolutely all and any recharge you can get to keep Light Form uptime as high as you can if that's the route you want to take. I know it might feel blasphemous, but with Light Form uptime permanent you can drop Dwarf Form more or less completely.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 2 weeks later
On 8/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, Gulbasaur said:

Because of the lower baseline damage, you get good mileage out of damage procs. While Kheldians do get a stacking damage bonus from teammates, peacebringers are never spectacular on the damage front so every little helps.

The usual resistance set recommendation choices apply: the two 3% defence bonuses and absolutely all and any recharge you can get to keep Light Form uptime as high as you can if that's the route you want to take. I know it might feel blasphemous, but with Light Form uptime permanent you can drop Dwarf Form more or less completely.

I mean not if you want to actually tank, which you can totally do on a PB. With a high recharge build and a little defense baked into your set bonuses PBs make pretty solid aggro holders. My taunt is on like a 4-5 second recharge with a 35 second duration like taunting is part of my attack chain in dwarf without interruption so everything wants to kill my dwarf all the time and very little succeeds. 

On 8/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, Gulbasaur said:

I know it might feel blasphemous, but with Light Form uptime permanent you can drop Dwarf Form more or less completely.

I would never drop dwarf. I’ve seen builds here that do go without it, so I may be in the minority.

Dwarf Form has so much utility. At some point, you’ll get slowed enough that Light Form drops before it’s recharged. You can wait out that time safely in Dwarf Form.  Dwarf gives you another heal that can be activated quickly. Dwarf let’s you wait out status effects that get through Light Form. I use the taunt in Dwarf Form all the time. You can herd mobs into corners to maximize your AoEs, and you can taunt runners back to you.

This was definitely not the point of your post, but I thought I’d give my two cents.

As per my other thread, Dwarf would be far more useful if its mez protection carried over at least for a short time. I've been bouncing between my HO WS and my TF WS and dropping to Human to get a pet or heal is always a PITA when I've got stacked mez on me.

Bout rdy to say fark it and just start buying P2W Defense on all my squishies... cuz why not? Makes the game far more fun to not be mezzed all the time.