Venom Grenade Incorrect -Res

Monos King

Arachnos Soldiers venom grenade only does -20% resistance, but there is a second value displayed of -40%. I initially assumed the 40% was the main targets -res, and the -20% was splash debuff. But after checking the combat attributes, -20% is the only -res ever applied to any targets affected.

Venom Glitch.png

As Vanden said, it's an intentional part of the power.  It makes VG's 0.9 damage scalar seem deceptively low.  In practice, it does better damage than it would first appear.

Also makes Gladiator's Javelin and Spider Bite procs quite effective.  I'm still not quite sure whether it's worth running Degenerative (toxic damage) over Reactive (fire damage, but higher base) in general content, but it makes sense to have Radial of both for different scenarios.

Edited by Omega-202

@Vanden @Omega-202 I pretty much gathered that much. Still, the power displays -40% resistance to all where it should specify that it is only to toxic damage in that case, much like how Banished Pantheon Frigid attacks reduce resistance but only to Negative Energy and Cold damage.

• Thanks 1