Did I find her? Is this Mace/Bio the character I've been seeking?

Bill Z Bubba

I always feel Bio is only good with a significant investment and is better on higher health cap ATs like the Tanker or Brute.

For a Scrapper I would either go the defence route of invuln or Shield( which brings extra damage) or even EA.

For resistance sets it would be Rad armour with it's extra AoE and decent mitigation\heals and endurance management that opens rebirth or barrier incarnate for more survival and meltdown for extra damage.

Or Dark armour for it's mitigation and awesome heal.

Electric would be good also, similar to Rad but not quite as good in my opinion.

Even Fire could be made fairly sturdy with it's fast heal and extra damage and Burn.

On 8/28/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sovera said:

I'm just not sure if the damage won't be too low without a secondary to push things. If it does 3 minute times then that's a Tanker's time.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

I'm just not sure if the damage won't be too low without a secondary to push things. If it does 3 minute times then that's a Tanker's time.

The game has gotten nuts. 340 DPS can now be dismissed as Tanker DPS. 🤪 But if I hit 360 DPS on a Katana/Dark Brute running Cardiac, I’m sure a Katana/Fire Scrapper can put that to shame. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Werner said:

The game has gotten nuts. 340 DPS can now be dismissed as Tanker DPS. 🤪 But if I hit 360 DPS on a Katana/Dark Brute running Cardiac, I’m sure a Katana/Fire Scrapper can put that to shame. 🙂 

I was talking about the Katana/Rad though, and there is no particular reason for it to be -that- much over a Katana/Dark Brute. I'm just being lazy as "#$% since I could spend two hours in the test server building it but I'm not that invested.

I wouldn't do a /Fire Scrapper with mobs running away without an agro aura and then fleeing from Burn.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

I was talking about the Katana/Rad though, and there is no particular reason for it to be -that- much over a Katana/Dark Brute. I'm just being lazy as "#$% since I could spend two hours in the test server building it but I'm not that invested.

I wouldn't do a /Fire Scrapper with mobs running away without an agro aura and then fleeing from Burn.

I don’t know how I read Fire when you said Rad. Somehow I got fire on the brain. 

Improved on the Kat/Rad a bit. Better slotting and Sting of the Wasp is a better choice than Gambler's Cut for exemplaring purposes. Decreased Hasten from 129 to 127 seconds and improved Slow resistance from 61% to 96%. Lost on EPS down from 4.15 to 3.77.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(3), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Flashing Steel -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(13), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), ScrDrv-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(21)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 8: Divine Avalanche -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(25), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(27), TchofDth-Dam%(27)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Build Up -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GssSynFr--Build%(23)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/+End(34), Pnc-Heal(34), ThfofEss-+End%(42)
Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(29), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Soaring Dragon -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Hct-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 30: Gamma Boost -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(42), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(43), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(43), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(45)
Level 32: Golden Dragonfly -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), AchHee-ResDeb%(46), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

2 hours ago, Werner said:

I don’t know how I read Fire when you said Rad. Somehow I got fire on the brain. 

It's because I've been harping on Fire Armor for weeks now 😄

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 2

Ugh. I haven't played Rad Armor in so long I forgot the basics. There I was testing the build by leveling it and I kept scratching my head at why Radiation Therapy did not fill my endurance. I had vague memories of my end bar filling up, so what was miss-...

THEFT OF ESSENCE!

Sacrificed the 5th LotG muled in Divine Avalanche (sacrificing the Touch of Death there is kinda valid as well since it only seems to have a 17% chance of going off). This puts Hasten at 130 seconds, but meh, between the FF proc and Beta Decay it should get close to perma.

I've edited the previous post with the build.

• Like 1

@Sovera - that's actually hilarious - I was so busy looking at all of the other ways your setup is different (aka better) than where I went with Kat/Rad that I didn't even notice the missing ToE. 

I was literally collecting this ....

+_3bd3e0b0d0356f1fca76bd508c8da71c.jpg

... with some pithy wording about coming to that conclusion as you were making that edit.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

34 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

What really hurts about this statement is that 3 mins is my average claws/sr scrapper time.

So, basically, without a secondary to push things? 😛

13 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yup, get weaker to do more damage. If only that was actually the case across all ATs and powersets.

Pretty much. I'm shelving the Katana/Rad (though I did not give it a fair trial either since I was just putzing around soloing Synapse). It's just too slow compared to the Fire/Claws (or even the Claws/Bio Scrapper). And since I've shelved the Fire/Kat since DA does not stack for Tankers I think my altitis is over for now.

53 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Pretty much. I'm shelving the Katana/Rad (though I did not give it a fair trial either since I was just putzing around soloing Synapse). It's just too slow compared to the Fire/Claws (or even the Claws/Bio Scrapper). And since I've shelved the Fire/Kat since DA does not stack for Tankers I think my altitis is over for now.

I'm staring at this fully purpled out mace/shield brute that isn't even softcapped to melee, hasten's about 6 seconds from perm, and the 1st spawn of Arachnos I face blinds me and then faceplants me before I get through about half of them. If I double stack AD, I get to about 70% DDR. Extra HP is nice, I guess.

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm staring at this fully purpled out mace/shield brute that isn't even softcapped to melee, hasten's about 6 seconds from perm, and the 1st spawn of Arachnos I face blinds me and then faceplants me before I get through about half of them. If I double stack AD, I get to about 70% DDR. Extra HP is nice, I guess.

And that's why I hug Focused Accuracy.

But hey, if your fully purpled out Brute can't handle it lemme know and I'll come save ya!

*flees!*

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sovera said:

And that's why I hug Focused Accuracy.

But hey, if your fully purpled out Brute can't handle it lemme know and I'll come save ya!

*flees!*

I had yellows. Ate one so that I could see the impending death.

I think I've figured out what my problem is. Ever since experiencing SR on a tank, every other armor set just kinda sucks. Cept maybe Invul.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

I was so disappointed on the Fire/WM. Maybe the Bio/WM would act different.

Got Alpha to Musc T3 last night on the SR/WM. She's tough as can be as expected but we'll see where the damage ends up after getting fully incarnated. Shouldn't take more than a day or two.

It is nice having two perfect attack chains. Here it's clobber, jawbreaker, shatter, repeat for ST and shatter, crowd control, whirling mace, repeat for AOE.

10 hours ago, Sovera said:

I was so disappointed on the Fire/WM. Maybe the Bio/WM would act different.

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Got Alpha to Musc T3 last night on the SR/WM. She's tough as can be as expected but we'll see where the damage ends up after getting fully incarnated. Shouldn't take more than a day or two.

It is nice having two perfect attack chains. Here it's clobber, jawbreaker, shatter, repeat for ST and shatter, crowd control, whirling mace, repeat for AOE.

All 6 incarnate powers T3ed. Was barely outpacing 3rd mish of ITF Rom's regen. Disappointing is an understatement. Never had any threat of death. Took out the entire seafood spawn + 3 cimeroran spawn adds without breaking a sweat. But the damage output is painful with aoe being a little less painful than the st.

25 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

All 6 incarnate powers T3ed. Was barely outpacing 3rd mish of ITF Rom's regen. Disappointing is an understatement. Never had any threat of death. Took out the entire seafood spawn + 3 cimeroran spawn adds without breaking a sweat. But the damage output is painful with aoe being a little less painful than the st.

Accept your lord and savior Fire/Claws in your heart, Bill.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I tried. It's fine for my claws/fire brute farmer but fire armor is just too damn weak, like bio, for the things I need it to do.

Are you saying you tried it as a Brute or tried it as a Tanker?

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Are you saying you tried it as a Brute or tried it as a Tanker?

I've got the fire/claws tank built but I don't like the build. I did heavy testing with the fire/em tank and while he's ok most of the time, having to flee from Cimeroran debuffs and Kheldian slows is just a nonstarter for me.

Edit: Yes, I could probably steal more slots from offense so that I could slot more slow resists and I could go ageless for the DDR...

Edit 2: Apologies for the tone... last couple weeks have turned me disgruntled.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba