New IO set - Mending Bulwark, universal protection

Vanden

Isn't this a bit stacked for Shield Defense?

A defense/resist toggle and an HP/resist auto.  Also I think one with the shield.

I mean, you did already explicitly state the set would be unique, just weird how well that set is primed for this.

God yes. Please. This is such a creative set idea and fits into an under-serviced niche so nicely! Finally, a defence set that grants s/l def in its set bonuses... Of course, that would mean the event should be available year round so everyone can access the reward. Which would also be great. God knows the game needs more content tailored to small teams. 

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

I really like the idea of Universal Protection, and this would open up slotting for a lot of nice things, throughout many different powersets. For example, Demons/ and Robots/ both have Resistance and heal in their T2 pets, but there isn't a good way to boost both of them (and have good Damage/Acc/End..) This solves that problem to a certain extent.

The proposed set bonuses stink, but I could see using 1 or 2 pieces being useful in certain powers.

Although taking a look at the actual enhancement choices not a fan of them really either (looking at it for something like steamy mist/shadowfall/arctic air).  Would be much more useful to have a resistance/defense one or a resistance/defense/endurance as a choice.  Proposed set definitely looks fine tuned just for stone tanks.

Edited by Riverdusk

• 3 months later

I don't have any thought son the suggested IOs or anything, but please, let's have the mansion run available year-round like the blockbuster is if we're going to do this.  I'd personally love to be able to Halloween (or even Baby New Year) any time of year for the change of pace and less-over-exposed maps. 

Plus the price for the IOs wouldn't go through the roof the rest of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝