My day started off pretty good.

Xcillion

Nice!  How satisfying!

DO NOT click the Get All Inf button.  I've never done this myself, but I'm told that if it would put you over 2bn, it vanishes the excess.

What I do is click each Get Inf button individually, and when you are getting near the 2bn cap, either send yourself an email with inf attached or put bids on something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, Xcillion said:

Woke up and hadn't logged in for a week. And this was my surprise.

I was so happy.

yeehaw.jpg

Oh my absolute god.   Wait...you got the same piece multiple times....from a PURPLE SET?   What the.....:::degenerates into a mix of cursing and tears, then more cursing at RNG...then more tears::::

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Nice!  How satisfying!

DO NOT click the Get All Inf button.  I've never done this myself, but I'm told that if it would put you over 2bn, it vanishes the excess.

What I do is click each Get Inf button individually, and when you are getting near the 2bn cap, either send yourself an email with inf attached or put bids on something.

As an aside, this is hardly ever a problem on Homecoming provided you keep your liquid inf under 500MM, because the maximum number of sales "Get All Inf" will claim is 32. The most expensive items on the market are in the 50MM range if I'm not mistaken - microfilament HOs.

OP is cutting it close with 1B4 of liquid inf, but at the same time he's not selling microfilaments, mostly purps at 18MM a piece. Should be fine. Barely. 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Nice!  How satisfying!

<shudders>  I have.  Unfortunately it does indeed black hole all the excess.  I think I lost about 100 million that way all because I didn't look at how much I already had before clicking Get All.  Lesson learned the hard way.

Edited by Ura Hero

5 minutes ago, Onemantankwall said:

Who pays 3mill for a mocking? Yikes what server is this so i can blow up the market lol

Pretty sure I recall hearing the auction house is cross-shard.  Someone likely goofed, but isn't Mocking Beratement valued on farm builds for fire defense?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

16 hours ago, Onemantankwall said:

Who pays 3mill for a mocking?

As the old saying (loosely) goes, an impatient CoH player and his inf are soon parted.

I think karma is a thing... I meant to increment a bid on a Kismet +6 Acc from 4,000,000 to 4,100,000 but instead bid 41,000,000.  To wipe out this new 'deficit' I hopped into an AE cave, and by the time I had worked my way to the last cranny, I had racked up 3x purples and 3x PvP recipes.  I'm used to getting them one or two here and there; three of each in ~25 minutes was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 8/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, MTeague said:

I mean, he probably didn't accumulate those all in one day.

I haven't accumulated that many purples over the course of my time playing, which includes launch to sunset of the original, and the return.

To answer some prior statements. my server is Excelsior *think that's how it's spelt* and mocking beratment goes for a mil however this particular one sells for 3mil easily and can be bought for 10-25k for the recipes. I have sold about 100 over the course of 3 weeks at 3mil a pop. surprisingly I had been selling it for 5 mil but it wasn't going as fast. as for the purps I just bought them using merits I had aquried doing quests and the snowman event in July.

Not saying it's the best use of em but I'm not an altaholic. I tend to stay with my main and only ever make alts for selling on the market.

Candy canes are also decent as well.

I'm stocking up to resell at 250k a pop come the next event.

Currently I have 13k bidding and about 3 times that in salavage.

I bid no more then 10k each.

resell it at 250k that's still a 240k profit per.

You can really ruin the markets if you try lol. And make a huge profit in the process

...still... I was not expecting em to sell in a week...

Edited by Xcillion

4 hours ago, Xcillion said:

To answer some prior statements. my server is Excelsior *think that's how it's spelt* and mocking beratment goes for a mil however this particular one sells for 3mil easily and can be bought for 10-25k for the recipes. I have sold about 100 over the course of 3 weeks at 3mil a pop. surprisingly I had been selling it for 5 mil but it wasn't going as fast. as for the purps I just bought them using merits I had aquried doing quests and the snowman event in July.

Not saying it's the best use of em but I'm not an altaholic. I tend to stay with my main and only ever make alts for selling on the market.

Candy canes are also decent as well.

I'm stocking up to resell at 250k a pop come the next event.

Currently I have 13k bidding and about 3 times that in salavage.

I bid no more then 10k each.

resell it at 250k that's still a 240k profit per.

You can really ruin the markets if you try lol. And make a huge profit in the process

...still... I was not expecting em to sell in a week...

Spelt is spelled spelt if you're referring to an obscure grain.  🙂

I'll crawl back under my Grammar Rock now.  It's two doors down from Fraggle Rock, and across the street from Schoolhouse Rock.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

I'll crawl back under my Grammar Rock now.  It's two doors down from Fraggle Rock, and across the street from Schoolhouse Rock.

I guess that's Grammar Rock, USA, since spelt is a perfectly acceptable past tense of spell in British English. 😉

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, MTeague said:

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I guess that's Grammar Rock, USA, since spelt is a perfectly acceptable past tense of spell in British English. 😉

1 hour ago, Xcillion said:

I'm Canadian so it's Spelled correctly:P

If you consult Typo Tire's Dictionairy of Speeling, Speeled is also past tense of Spell.

I learned to typo on the ImagiNation Network many moons ago, from Typo Tire herself.

14 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

If you consult Typo Tire's Dictionairy of Speeling, Speeled is also past tense of Spell.

I learned to typo on the ImagiNation Network many moons ago, from Typo Tire herself.

at first I thought you were joking but I googled it. I had no idea this site existed. You sir have made 98% of my arguments with some friends a near success. Many thanks.  https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spelt?s=t

On 8/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, MTeague said:

I'm hearing the Civilization 2 High Council economic guy.  

"We are rich, sire!  rich! Rich! RICH!"

The rotskin splotskin is motskin in the potskin...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

10 hours ago, Xcillion said:

at first I thought you were joking but I googled it. I had no idea this site existed. You sir have made 98% of my arguments with some friends a near success. Many thanks.  https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spelt?s=t

I like dictionary.com, and its adjoining site, Thesaurus.com. They helped me with names for several of my characters on live.

• Like 2