Thoughts on /Regen

Sorrison

On 11/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, BrandX said:

I'm rolling EM/Regen!  If I faceplant more than those other stronger secondary sets, that's what Revive is for!

I rolled an EM/Regen last week and had fun!  Endless +recovery is nice.  Of course, I also ate a lot of pavement, so there's that.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

48 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I still hate the combo system being added to EM, but I hate corpse blasting even while solo even more and, sadly, I do it a lot.

I don't find it to bad myself.  It's nothing compared to the other combos imo.  However, yes, I would've loved for ET to just be at that fast speed.  My guess is the EF was the way of getting PC and the set more AOE without taking away the ST.

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

I've been playing a staff/regen scrapper lately. I'm lvl 40 and was trying to take on some lvl 47 Rikti LTs. I gave up, but only because I was having trouble hitting/hurting them. They barely touched me. I don't play scrappers much, so maybe all the other scrappers are even more survivable, but I've been quite impressed by regen. (caveat: I am an Ebil Marketeer, so my scrapper is a decked out as a lvl 40 can be).

• 2 weeks later

I've now got my staff/regen scrapper up to lvl 50 veteran lvl 6. Alpha, judgement and interface slotted. I'll concur with what others have said, it stands up well to most things, but is a little clicky, it is important to "pre-heal" as animation times make healing in combat a bit frustrating at times and you can be doing great and then suddenly drop dead.

Still, while it's possible other scrapper builds are more durable, I'm fighting +3/X8 Arachnos and doing fine. It's not a cakewalk, but I survive most battles very much intact. 

Again, I'm not comparing one sort of scrapper to another, I'm just saying that I find regen to be fun to play. 

• Like 1