Zone entry animations

Ukase

One thing I've never understood with this game is the animations certain powers give characters upon zone entry. 

Tough, from the fight pool, makes characters beat their chest and roar. 
On a Shield tank I have, the character will make some odd animation like he's opening his chest, much like Fire Shield does. 

I've never understood why they do this. I do get them doing it when the toggle gets turned on...but when it's already on, I don't see the point. I'd love to visit Null to disable these animations. 

• Like 1

I *want* to say it's from the buffs from the toggles being reapplied. Not 100% on that though.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

42 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Don't forget the occasional, seemingly random barfing.

I have no clue which buff causes that, but every once in awhile it's "Zone in. Lose your lunch."

Which is just terrible, XD

... ever read the Iron Druid series? More specifically, the side stories - look for, I think it's called first dangle. 🙂

(Only thing I can think of that does that is the Poison rez.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Don't forget the occasional, seemingly random barfing.

Is it after being rezzed or buffed by a /poison? I think that's the one that gives a buff which ends in the barfs.

Back on topic, it's especially annoying on a toon with a damage or control aura and you have to stand there for 1 - 2 seconds for the reactivation animation. 

And reeeeeally annoying on a team when a bunch of people are stacking up in the doorway, pushing each other sideways, and nobody can move.

Edited by ninja surprise

5 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Is it after being rezzed or buffed by a /poison? I think that's the one that gives a buff which ends in the barfs.

Back on topic, it's especially annoying on a toon with a damage or control aura and you have to stand there for 1 - 2 seconds for the reactivation animation. 

And reeeeeally annoying on a team when a bunch of people are stacking up in the doorway, pushing each other sideways, and nobody can move.

Nope.

The last time it happened I was zoning in to Ouro from Crey's Folly on a WP Stalker who had been running solo.

And let me tell you, watching my little black cat spit up hairballs all over the entry portal was both hilarious and disgusting. XD

• Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice