Online D&D via Tabletop Simulator.

JJDrakken

As well as other Tabletop RPGs.  Stuck at home? Dislike being around people in general. Is your scheduling time never working out with any live group. I can help! 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/2/4625714282760221485/

Basically, in this day in age. It's hard a lot of times for us to find/join real life games. So, here is a chance to play & with someone who's been doing it for a long time or just join a community of folks into that.

• Like 1

Similarly, if you're looking for some other options, I'd be happy to provide direction on some alternatives.  Such as Maptool.  Takes a little more effort to configure, but the open source nature of it means that it has a LOT of power for GMs and players to personalize and customize their experience.  It's also entirely free!

I haven't tried Foundry, but I did use Fantasy Grounds for a while back when it launched.  I've played Pathfinder using Roll20, and it seems to work pretty decently for map-and-d20 games.  Both Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 have pre-built modules available for a lot of the published adventures.  I recently played in a Call of Cthulhu game on Roll20, and it worked pretty well.

I haven't tried Tabletop Simulator, but a few of my RL friends have been using it for miniature games (Warhammer Fantasy and 40K) and they seem to like it as a substitute during social distancing.  I hadn't thought about it for TTRPGs, but it makes sense.  I know there are a lot of good mods for minis and board games, so I imagine there'd be mods for D&D.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • Retired Game Master

We were very successfully continuing our face to face campaign using some free tools:

Zoom for video conferencing.

Google Drawings (part of Google docs) for the shared map

Google Docs for shared notes

Discord for private chat to each other and the GM.

We also had an on-line die roller that would show everyone the results.  Discord has a bunch of tools for that.

This let us play pretty well.  The big discovery for us was the map on Google Docs.  The GM prepared a document and opened it, sharing it with us.  We could then mark on it, or drag tokens around.  Anyone could make marks or drag tokens; the map didn't keep us from moving things we shouldn't.  But our vinyl battle map didn't either, we just had to not be jerks.

And the cat won't walk across Google Drawings and knock everything over!

We played just fine with our group of four players and one GM that way until the story ended.  We're sort of between GMs at the moment and not playing anything but it's not because of the tools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later

We mainly used Discord and Google Meeting for our games. Of course, the possibilities are limited in some ways. Other guys still advised Roll20. But we were never able to get used to this service. The hardest part was explaining to the newcomers how to play through online conferences. The Internet connection is not always high-quality. God, I think if it weren't for the D&D Guide, I would have spent all my nerves on one explanation. And so the guys could read the information themselves, see when they needed it.
What services do you use? It seems to me that the good old table is still more atmospheric than all the platforms. :DD

Edited by heroofworld010
actual error

On 2 player games, you may play a variety of fresh and interesting games. A game is an interaction between a large number of individuals who are all playing at the same time. Without having to create a personal account, you may play any of your favorite games here. This provides consumers with the most comfortable and relaxed atmosphere possible.
Some of the two-player games have high ratings, indicating that the game's popularity is widespread.
To fully experience and explore the fascinating gaming environment, join 2 player games on your computer or mobile phone.