Is Speeds Whirlwind worthit as a PBAoE Knockdown?

Natti

I was looking at whirlwind in a Radiation build and I think I can afford it.  So my question is if I spec in Knockback to knockdown, and FF's +Recharge, might as well toss in the Smashing Damage, and a couple of cost reducers.  I am not found of Flurry or Super Speed, and don't need haste (yay bubble space, I guess?)

So, do I walk around in my very own ice patch, or do my visions crumble?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Natti

It's probably not worth it, but if you find the power fun and you think you could get use with it, by all means take it and have fun playing your character how you like. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

It's not as good as Ice Patch or Bonfire with a KB-to-KD, but it is something. Sometimes they keep slipping. Sometimes they won't flop for a few seconds. It drains A LOT of endurance if you have many enemies around you. Overall I've never managed to make it useful enough for me, but it definitely has a non-zero effect.

Or, just build a Stone Melee Tank and recharge the heck out of Fault.

Scranker, you're evil. Make sure to bring that build to a TT so we can see it in action. ;)

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

20 hours ago, Warboss said:

Scranker, you're evil. Make sure to bring that build to a TT so we can see it in action. 😉

Unfortunately, I may have to make it as a Brute instead. Blasphemy, I know. I didn't realize Quills came so late for Tankers -- level 35 is a long wait and not very exemplar-friendly. 😭

Winteriel Ice/Fire/Nrg Tanker | @Scranker Global