Island Rum 8282020 issue

Techulon

11 hours ago, Manga said:

There were some issues deploying this version of Island Rum unfortunately, and I was too busy working on that to reply to anything here.  From what I saw on the HC Discord, though it appears to be stabilizing now.

In Case You Came In Late, the message about needing to install the Game Client again is because the new Island Rum installs Wine 5.0 through Homebrew.  This is needed to support new patching support coming Soon™ to Homecoming and Closed Beta.  I wanted to get this deployed way, way ahead of that to work out the majority of Wine migration issues long before then, so when that stuff goes live, the transition should be seamless.

So basically a little pain now will save us all a lot more later!

No fixed yet?

It sounds like a lot of issues come from the installer script not working.

If you want to try launching the installer script again manually, it's at /Applications/coh/Wine Installer

Or if it fails completely, all it does is this:

1.  Launch the command listed at the top of brew.sh to install Homebrew.

2.  brew cask install xquartz

3.  sudo xcode-select -- install  (not required if you know for certain Developer Tools are installed already)

4.  sudo xcodebuild -license accept    (not required if you know for certain the xcode license has been accepted)

5.  brew cask install wine-stable

Edited by Manga

20 hours ago, Manga said:

If you want to try launching the installer script again manually, it's at /Applications/coh/Wine Installer

3.  sudo xcode-select -- install  (not required if you know for certain Developer Tools are installed already)

4.  sudo xcodebuild -license accept    (not required if you know for certain the xcode license has been accepted)

5.  brew cash install wine-stable

I really don't understand a word of this...Sorry.

I can't get into the game either. I've tried reinstalling the entire game several times, rescanning, deleting and reinstalling Island Rum, updating Catalina, etc and nothing seems to work. 😞 It looks like it will work, but when I click the blue arrow, I get a warning that, "This launcher may not work properly!" and if I launch anyway, the green check appears as if it's going to work, but it just sits there until the check goes away.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.11.29 PM.png

Hi all, 

I do have the same pb on MAC OSx El capitan. I did not want to upgrade to a new Mac OS version because game was lagging a lot when i tried few months ago. (hardware might be the cause)

Anyway it seems that El capitan is not supported anymore on islandrum. If team can change that, i would really appreciate it, but i don't want to bother anyone knowing the amazing work you do for us, and the time you spend to develop/update the client. 

I'll try to upgrade to a new version of Mac, maybe 10.12 max. I'll let you know. 

Lulux

On 8/29/2020 at 1:14 PM, Manga said:

5.  brew cash install wine-stable

These instructions work but include a typo. We had issues with the PLAY button not doing anything on El Capitan. Note that step 5 should be: brew cask install wine-stable  

If you already have xquarts installed, it will tell you in the terminal -- just continue.

If you already have Xcode tools installed, you'll see so in the terminal even if it looks like an error. Just continue.

Then continue to step five with the typo corrected as I've noted.

And if you have issues with the installer beyond this and just want to reinstall the whole thing, keep in mind that you should probably copy and move the actual game files somewhere first, then install the installer, and paste the game files back to where they were. They are the 99% of what you'll spend time re-installing, but they are separate from wine and all that. Save your time, save your sanity.

Thank you for your help, Manga.

Mac user here and Done everything from these forms and nothing .. Keeps says " git error in terminal"   

1.-  fatal: cannot copy '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/share/git-core/templates/hooks/fsmonitor-watchman.sample' to '/usr/local/Homebrew/.git/hooks/fsmonitor-watchman.sample': Permission denied 

2.- Failed during: "git init -q" 

still not sure what I'm doing as I'm a 26 yr old soo yeah not a fan of the terminal stuff etc 

also I tried redownloaded everything still nothing  ... 

8-31-2020 Monday

6:54 am Pst  thanks in advance .. 😄

Edited by Tgconti15

I'm having the same issues here on my Mac. I am running the Wine installer, but it is now asking me for my password. Problem is that there is a little key symbol next to password and I can't seem to type anything in next to it. Anyone know how to enable typing in the Wine installer box so I can enter my password?

1 hour ago, Krusher Kane said:

I'm having the same issues here on my Mac. I am running the Wine installer, but it is now asking me for my password. Problem is that there is a little key symbol next to password and I can't seem to type anything in next to it. Anyone know how to enable typing in the Wine installer box so I can enter my password?

When the Terminal app asks you to type in your user password, you will not see the characters you type in as a security measure. So just type in your password carefully and hit enter.

6 hours ago, Tgconti15 said:

Mac user here and Done everything from these forms and nothing .. Keeps says " git error in terminal"   

1.-  fatal: cannot copy '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/share/git-core/templates/hooks/fsmonitor-watchman.sample' to '/usr/local/Homebrew/.git/hooks/fsmonitor-watchman.sample': Permission denied 

2.- Failed during: "git init -q" 

still not sure what I'm doing as I'm a 26 yr old soo yeah not a fan of the terminal stuff etc 

also I tried redownloaded everything still nothing  ... 

8-31-2020 Monday

6:54 am Pst  thanks in advance .. 😄

What was the command you typed in?  Did it include "sudo" as the first word? sudo pretty much says "I am the admin, give this command all the permissions it needs", which is why you usually have to type in a password after using a command that starts with sudo. A common issue is not including sudo, but that's not the only thing that can be wrong.

I was able to play last night without a problem. This afternoon, I opened Island Rum and it displays the following error: "MD5 Error Downloading islandrum-mac.zip".

It downloads a file, then quits the launcher. When I open the launcher, this process repeats.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 5.06.47 PM.png

35 minutes ago, Manga said:

Those of you Mac players who were having trouble with this week's Island Rum update - Download this beta:

Catalina: https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-catalina-beta.zip

10.12+: http://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac-beta.zip Below

10.12: https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-legacy-beta.zip

This version of the client is unable to detect my installation. It is located at /Applications/coh/Island Rum Beta.app, in the same directory as Island Rum.app.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 5.10.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 5.10.33 PM.png

6 minutes ago, modest said:

I revered to version 082820203, rescanned my directory, and was able to get in the game. The update simply does not work.

I also use 10.14.6 Mojave.

You restored the computer to its previous back up or did you mean something else?

1 minute ago, shades9595 said:

You restored the computer to its previous back up or did you mean something else?

I had a copy of version 082820203, yes. I opened that, clicked the red and white X to cancel the update, then clicked the pineapple logo and selected "rescan". Once the rescan was finished, I was able to log in. Island Rum will still attempt to update itself every time it opens, and I'll just cancel the update until I know that Manga has created a version that works.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:35 PM, Manga said:

Those of you Mac players who were having trouble with this week's Island Rum update - Download this beta:

Thank you so much!!!!!

On 8/31/2020 at 11:35 PM, Manga said:

No way to make it works on 10.11 ? 🙂  . it would be great

Yesterday's version of Island Rum, 090120201, works for me on MacOS 10.13.6, High Sierra. It asked to install the client, updated .privatewine, installed .NET, and Gecko 2 times. It seemed to hang, while finishing the .privatewine update, so I quit CoH to let it finish. I then restarted Island Rum, and everything worked OK.

Edited by FlySaab