How silly can you get?? Oh YEAH!

GritIron

Well I'm a little more subtle than that. One of my old villains was called Elfstar who was a mind control themed Dominator whose description was simply "Hi, my name is Debbie, I decided to keep playing Dungeons and Dragons and it's awesome!".

It is a reference to this:

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0046

At any rate, I got a lot of questions about why Elfstar was not an elf, and not even remotely star themed, and I think maybe 4 people got it on their own all together, and I spent a lot of time explaining it. I figured at the time there would be more of us around who remember (and mock) the old RPG hysteria of the 80s and 90s (I mean even now I'm only 43).

I decided to play blue side (and I want the Ice/Dark corruptor I'm thinking of to be on the villain side or start in going rogue) so I just made a far less subtle double entendre into a character. I have a girl running around in a rather unsubtle dominatix costume (not create with the costume creator to fully pull it off though) called "The Dungeon Mistress" who if you read her description is primarily a nerd girl who runs a D&D game ... and also exactly what the name and costume imply. She's a mutant so I think of her basically as Caitlin Fairchild with the ability to summon her previous trauma from being picked on as a nerd as physical demons (as opposed to wielding actual occult power). I couldn't pick a good secondary for the idea, so I just went with Time Manipulation since I had never used it before... I made a mighty level 2 before I logged off, the big annoyance I was facing was my bloody demon pet doesn't seem to want to attack anything, if it wasn't for the P2W vendor items she'd be totally unplayable and wouldn't have even gotten through the tutorial I'd imagine... at any rate she's the spiritual successor to Elfstar who I didn't try and remake because I figure now even fewer people would get the joke, and it's not funny if you have to continually explain it. :)

I will eventually get around to creating an entirely serious character or two once I get used to the game and find more time of course.

(words)

Don't worry, there's a few people in the audience who remember.  When you mentioned D&D and linked Chick.com, I didn't even need to click it to grok your meaning.  That's a deep cut, and it's good.

If the demon thing doesn't pan out you could make a character that acts like a dungeon master for the rest of their party, narrating the action and acting as if they're leading the campaign for the team that the other seven players are on.  Depending on how the other players react you could end up with an absolutely absurd level of metafiction.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

I have a new silly toon.

Get Off Mah Lawn

An older lady who will turn the hose on you if you annoy her or step on her lawn. (water/time blaster)

I also intend to make a dumb graduate student who creates lab accidents. Her parents are rich and they paid to get her into school. I just need to find an appropriate mad scientist/professor to fawn over.  :)

If anyone is interested in playing a Smurf and joining Smurf Village, feel free to contact me. My son and I created the characters and the SG today. I am Stabby Smurf (db/bio armor scrapper) and he is Stoney Smurf (stone/TW tank). This is not intended to necessarily be a family-friendly SG, but it will be EXTREMELY silly.

We met a couple of other Smurf friends out there, but alas, they already belong to another SG.

Global: @Leaping Lemur

• Like 1

Kind of like this old one :

so apparently this coworker of mine used to play a lot of dnd and he had an orc rogue i think, who’s obviously supposed to be a stealth-centric character. But instead of channeling his abilities into dexterity or anything else stealthy, he channeled it all into charisma for the sake of intimidation, Essentially he. a hulking and undexteritous orc, would attempt to sneak into a building. If he was spotted. he would roll {or intimidation (and win almost every time) and shout “YOU DO NOT SEE GROGG” at them and proceed

Currently at work, so no screenshots, but last night I made Groggg (because Grogg was taken). A hulking brute of an orc. I plan on making a series of bind files that activate Placate and cycles through quotes like "YOU DON'T SEE ME!" "WHAT YOU LOOKING AT!" "YOU DON'T SEE GROGGG!" etc  ;D
  • Like 1

Back in live some members of my super group went to a different server and made a villain group called "The Cereal Killers." We all had various deranged versions of cereal mascots. Mine was Livid Leprechaun, and he was fed up with being chased for his lucky charms all the time, so he turned the tables and started killing kids. He was a fire corrupter (green of course), and had super speed (gained from years of running away from those thieving kids). It was so fun to play that short little guy running around everywhere shooting green fireballs and yelling at random people to stay away from his lucky charms if they got too close.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd love to see a goof ball SG get started. I just have absolutely ZERO interest in playing a serious character anymore. Just something generic and inclusive of all the silly ideas out there. 

If folks would have interest in that, let me know. @Leaping Lemur in game

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 6:38 PM, JusticeBowler said:

Bob The Janitor

Qz4xkii.jpg

Bob is tired of watching other heroes make a mess of Paragon city streets. He's vowed to clean up this town, sweeping the villains up without making such a mess in the process. With his trusty broom and orange scented cleaners he's protecting the citizens of his hometown, on call, day or night!

In the movie, you do realize he's going to be played by Bruce Campbell, right?

I mean... Just look at him.

Just making sure.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, XaoGarrent said:

In the movie, you do realize he's going to be played by Bruce Campbell, right?

I mean... Just look at him.

Just making sure.

Groovy.

• Haha 1

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

• 4 weeks later

Seahawk: Water Blast/Willpower sentinel. Former pro football player who had to retire due to his physical mutations being incompatible with the uniform.

seahawk.jpg.74721d6eb864b6e161915c86fb003fbc.jpg

I also have a SS/Rad brute with Super Leap for his travel power. His origin is that, despite warnings from everybody he knew, he was always pounding down energy drinks. But they gave him superpowers! Who's laughing now?

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later