Pet Names

MTeague

So what kinds of themes do people use when naming their cannon fodder?  

Oh, Cannon Fodder's not very nice is it?  Naturally I mean Expendable Resources.

How about, Valued Employees?

Summonable Bro's?

So far I've got: 

Beasts:  Daisy, Buddy, Lily, Fluffy, Mittens, Mr. Snuggles   (stereotypical crazy pet lady names)

Ninjas:  Rain, Hail, Snow, Thunder, Lightning, Hell            (all words that pair well with "Storm" after their name... rainstorm, snowstorm, etc)

I've got a few other MM's on my backlog to try out, but I'm drawing a MAJOR blank on name-themes.

What are other folks using?

• Like 2

My Thugs/Time is named Jim Bob Duggar and my pets are all J names just like his kids. 

My demons/nature is named Nurse Joy and has MewTwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle

My Bots/traps is named Domo Arregato and every single pet is named Mr. Roboto

My Beast/Kin is named Ricky Bobby and has Cal Naughton, Karen, Death Machine, POTUS, Baxter, and Judgement

You get the idea. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Like 1

I'm struggling to come up with names for my ninja MM as I'm wanting to steer away from names that are more "funny" (which is what I usually do).

My demons/storm is named Apocalyptica because I loved the description someone gave to these powersets together as being like summoning the apocalypse. Her demons are named after the 7 deadly sins (excluding Lust) as I thought that was sort of befitting of the apocalypse theme.

My necro/thermal's zombies don't match her name, but the low tier are Stink, Stank, Stunk (Think from "You're a Mean One, Mister Grinch"); and her knights are Robber and Knight as a sort of cheesy play on the implied "grave" that would come before those and their tier name. Not sure what to name the Lich yet.

My bots/ea only has her low tier pets atm and their names are Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Undecided what to keep naming her other bots once she gets them.

My beast/kin has her low tier wolves as Alpha, Beta, Gamma and her lionesses are Nala and Kiara and her dire wolf is Ghost. 

Can't remember if I've named the thugs yet on my thugs/cold or the beasts on my beasts/nature or the mercs on my mercs/traps...

Yes, I like MM's, can you tell? xD

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

My Necro/Sonic has pets each named after famous tenors - Caruso, Domingo, Bocelli, etc., with Callas (Lich) presiding over them all.

Necro/Dark? Protopunk/glam musicians.

And bots/cold: characters from Neuromancer. 

• Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Thugs. Inspired by the tv show Welcome Back Kotter: Kotter, De Labarre, Horshack, Epstein, Washington and Barbarino
Mercs. Inspired by Transformers: Cliffjumper, Beachcomber, Tailgate, Mirage, Smokescreen and Ironhide
Ninjas. Ninja clan from the Shiga prefecture of Japan: Shiga Sparrow, Shiga Sloth, Shiga Snake, Shiga Spider, Shiga Scorpion and Shiga Shark 
Necro. Pirate themed zombies: Hubert Scurvy, Shelly Crimson, Trapjaw Willy, Shark Bait Andy, Comatose Caruso and Dead Eye Bill
Bots. Named after famous robots from shows, cartoons and movies: R2-D2, Johnny-5, Rosey, T-800, IQ-9 and ED-209. Though I've been meaning to change bots to Pacific Rim inspired names. Tango Pinnacle, Echo Vagrant, Bohemian Jester, Horizon Romeo, Striker Torero and Valiant Menace.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Bots. Named after famous robots from shows, cartoons and movies: R2-D2, Johnny-5, Rosey, T-800, IQ-9 and ED-209. Though I've been meaning to change bots to Pacific Rim inspired names. Tango Pinnacle, Echo Vagrant, Bohemian Jester, Horizon Romeo, Striker Torero and Valiant Menace.

Okay, that's good inspiration for a Bots MM.  I'll go with names of the late 70's/early 80's "Shogun Warrior" robots.   Danguard Ace, Giking, Raiden, Posiden, Mazinga, Grandizer.

Probably not the "official" Japanese spellings, but hey, going with what I remember from my childhood.

Keep any other ideas coming though. Probably other MM's out there looking for inspiration! 🙂

Bicycle Repairman has bots named Shimano, Schwinn, Trek, Ultegra, Campagnolo, and 105. 

Buzz Words has Beasts named Gunga Galunga, Sarabi Slice, Simba Claws, Hazel, Maxine and Buddy.

• Like 3
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

My necro/storm has D&D names, Vecna, Kas, Soth, etc.

My new demon/cold will be along the same lines Mammon, Orcus, etc.

My Mercs/FF is from Predators, Royce, Stans, Edwin, etc.

Its whatever I'm in the mood for, my Thugs/Psn on live was childhood friends. My original bots/ff was different Droid names from Star Wars.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

23 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

I have a bots/ff mm named major domo arregato.  Great minds.

lol nice

Oh and now my Demons/Elec is finished and I forgot to list their names. Zappy Mcsummonsalot has 6 pets Zzt, Zzzt, Zzzzt, Zzzzzt, Zzzzzzzt and Zzzzzzzzt

Those are Zs not underlined 7s lmao

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Haha 1

On live I ran a necro / poison MM villain named "US Healthcare Executive." 

His T3s were High Copays, Preapprovals, and Exclusions

His T2s were Recission and Complexity

His T1 was Lobbying 

It wasn't all that fair in the implied portrayal of US healthcare executives. It wasn't the strongest combination, either. But, it was a fun combo to play and it worked well enough in-game to reach level 50 at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

His T3s were High Copays, Preapprovals, and Exclusions

His T2s were Recission and Complexity

His T1 was Lobbying 

That’s most genius! Love this.

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Keovar said:

I guess Apocalyptica herself represents Lust?  

You could name your Lich “Please” since it delivers the Lich-slap.   

Yeah, her representing Lust is probably a good way to cover it. I hadn't thought about it too much other then, at the time when I named them, I didn't want to put it on a demon because I didn't like it for one of the pets or something, I don't remember, lol. 😅 I haven't fully done her backstory yet, but I like the idea of her being Lust since she's a human who was drawn into some sort of cult-like situation, so I can say she lusted for the power to bring about ultimate chaos or something. 

Oh, I love that for the Lich! I named him Grinch because of the 1st tier pets, but now I'm going to rename him Please. 😄

Thank you for the inspiration!

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Thus/Time, playing kind of a clock-theme since my guy is a rich bastard and is obsessed with, well, clocks.

So, my 3 little ones are called Minutes Hand, Hours Hand, and Seconds Hand. Enforcers are Pocketwatch and Wristwatch. Bruiser is Atomic Clock but I'm not satisfied with that one (Grandfather Clock doesn't fit!).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I made Apocalyptica a younger sister by the name of Apocawolf. She's a beasts/thermal MM and is 10 years old and a hero (whereas her sister is a villain). Apocawolf started down the same path her sister did, but couldn't bring herself to go that far into the occult after seeing it completely overtake her sister. Anyway, this has led to her pets not really seeming very threatening but being given a little kid's equivalent of "scary" sounding names.

Her Howler Wolves are Scary, Meanie, and Fright.

Her Lions are Beast and Demon.

Her Dire Wolf will be named Hell Hound when she gets him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

Just, if you name yourself "Gourdian Not", watch out for anyone named Alexander.

Alexander (Pavlidis) the Warrior is coming out to plaaaaayy...

• Like 1