Pet Names

MTeague

My bots cold is named Ymir Zero and has Odin, loki, thor, jormungandr, hel, and fenrir. 

My thugs rad is named Viper and has various snakes. Rattler, taipan, etc

My beast dark is named Wild Moon and they are all moons - Titan, phobos, deimos, luna, europa, umbriel.

My demon nature is named Aes Sidhe and has Cu Sith, fear dearrig, fear gorta, chlurichaun, sluagh, and glashtyn.

My ninja time is named Ameretat and only has a few names picked out. Ram, Vayu, and some more I can't recall at the moment. 

• Like 1

On my beast mm lvl'd 11, I have Athos and Porthos. Gonna be joined by Aramis, followed by Thelma & Louise and for some reason I'm thinking Frank for the dire wolf.. if I ever make it that far.

My bot one has R2-DBAG and C3-PEW-PEW sofar.. but that's all I have yet.. 

There are some really nice ones posted here though.. Might nick one or two.. 😁

• Like 1

I finally came up with names for my pets on my demon/cold MM, Sara Falin.

Demon Prince - Russia. Because he's the biggest and tallest demon and she can see him from her house. 😜

Demons - Republican & Party

Demonlings - Alaska, Freedom, and Justice

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Ringmistress, circus themed demons/time:

Bobo, Coco, Jollo (Demonlings)

Fire Eater (Hellfire demon), Juggler (Ember demon)

Strongman (Prince)

Gallows Grove, druidic necro/nature:

Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel (Zombies) -> Hemlock (Tier 1 spirit)

Alder, Ash (Grave knights) -> Aconite (Tier 2 spirit)

Oak (Lich) -> Nightshade (Tier 3 spirit)

Prophet of the Atom, post-apocalyptic cult leader thugs/rad:

Cultist Alpha, Cultist Beta (Thugs), Zealot Gamma (Arsonist)

Child of Atom, Chosen of Atom (Enforcers)

Apostle Neutron (Bruiser)

Shinobi Eclipse, prophetic ninjas/time:

Umbra, Penumbra, Antumbra (Genin)

Apogee, Perigee (Jounin)

Syzygy (Oni)

Dread Space, undead astronaut bots/dark:

Eagle, Intrepid, Aquarius, Antares, Falcon, Orion

On 8/31/2020 at 8:24 PM, HelenCarnate said:

Had a Bots/Time and just picked random Russian names for all my bots.  Like Igor, Dimitri, Ivan, Leonid.  Crush my Russian bots?  I'll just make more.

My Bots/Dark, Brigadyr, who was a 'failed' Soviet project to develop a robotic director for combat robots (he developed sapience and began "interpreting" his orders for better efficiency in achieving the goal -- I have six pages of backstory for him hung up on my not being able to write a fight scene for shit) named his battle drones after WWII Russian generals, the protector bots after marshals, and the assault bot is Vasily Zaitsev.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 7:23 PM, TheSpiritFox said:

My Beast/Kin is named Ricky Bobby and has Cal Naughton, Karen, Death Machine, POTUS, Baxter, and Judgement.

And, showing my age (and the general area where I live), I just had a brief urge to create a Beast/X MM, name him Cal Worthington, and name the tier-3 pet 'Spot'.

I'm not at home so I can't get them all listed out, but my Beast/FF MM is named Capt Sam's Space Zoo and all the beasts have some solar system-based name like "Venusian Lion", "Martian Wolf," "Saturnian Lion", etc. 

I won a golden title in a dev-run costume contest with him, and think the names are what sold it.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later

My bots MM,

Snap

Crackle

Pop

Bing

Bang

BOOM

On live I had a necro MM that used silent-film comedians 

"Stanley"    Laurel

"Oliver"       Hardy

"Roscoe"    Fatty Arbuckle

"Buster"      Keaton

"Charlie"     Chaplin 

I generally dont name my pets, not creative enough, but I have two exceptions.

My Thugs/Sonic who's theme is that she's a member of a traveling punk rock band and the thugs are her bandmates while she's on vocals with her Sonic powers.  Punks: The Groupie and The Roadie.  Arsonist: The SFX Guy.  Enforcers: The Guitarist and The Bassist.  Bruiser: The Drummer.

My old Mercs MM back on live didn't have a set theme, so all of his soldiers were the Cheat Commandos.  Soldiers: Fightgar and Gunhaver.  Medic: Silent Rip.  Spec Ops: Firebert and Ripberger.  Commando: Reinforcements.  I desperately wanted to rename the guy to Crack Stuntman, but the name was taken every time I tried.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I have a 'bots mastermind (Cyber Crystal) who needs more bots:

Make it / Work it / Do it

Makes us / Stronger

Never Over

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 1 month later

I really love naming pets, and having a whole character concept just click by coming up with a naming scheme. As in my post above, I try to name them such that they can be addressed by petcom_name macros for tier groups also.

To add to the characters above, I've just built a new mercs/sonic with a Men in Black/X-Files/XCOM alien conspiracy theme (you do seem to have access to endless black helicopters...)

Majestic 12

Soldiers: Agent Black, Agent White, Agent Grey

Spec Ops: Codename SERAPH, Codename SHADER

Commando: Operative X

The F10 is "We were never here."

Edited by pyrocumulus

• 3 weeks later

My Robots are named after poets. It was good enough for the main antagonist in A Miracle of Science (excellent web comic) so it's good enough for me. Chaucer, Dryden, Coleridge, Byron, Tennyson, and Spencer.

I like to think my victims have a moment as they die to appreciate the sheer mechanical poetry of their clanking feet and whining capacitors as they unleash a torrent of high-energy death. My robots are no mere cannon fodder, each is an individual piece of advanced technological art, and I name them as such.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
Build Name T1 T2 T3
Thugs/Time Albert MF'n Einstein Planck, Heisenberg, Chester Shrodinger, Oppenheimer Hawking
Thugs/Nature Balm Terrestris Wildfire x2Unnamed x2Unnamed Equinox
Beasts/Nature Zen Dryad Summer, Shaggy, Nymeria Nala, Sarabi Ghost
Bots/Time Zen Technocracy Iteration V, VI, and VII Iteration VIII and IX Iteration X
Ninjas/Time Waifu No Jutsu Anatsu Harusame, Senjutsu Udon, Tokushu Somen Sushi-No-Mikoto, Hachiman Temaki Kage no Wasabi
Demon/Dark Broken Oaths Mockery, Disdain, Spite Contempt, Scorn Arrogance
Demon/Time Zen Hellcaller Huggles, Huggy Bear, Hugs N Cuddles Mommy Hugs, Daddy Hugs Hugs Jackson
Edited by Warlawk

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later

For me, pet names are part of the toon theme.

I have Bridezilla with the following Demons:

Tier 1 - Bridesmaid, Groomsman, Ring Bearer

Tier 2 - Maid of Honor, Best Man

Tier 3 - Groom

Similarly, I have General Mills (Cereal Killers theme with RL friends) that has the following Demons:

Tier 1 - Fruit Brute, Boo Berry, Franken Berry

Tier 2 - Sonny Cuckoo, Trix Rabbit

Tier 3 - Lucky Leprechaun

• Haha 1

Ananka's "dead guys" all have pretty common Egyptian names. Her lich is, of course, Karis. (Yes. My affection for old Hammer Studios horror movies is showing here. They were absolutely named after THAT Karis and Ananka. 😄 ) 

Amtes' demons are named after Sumerian constellations.

Previous Masterminds had minions named after Jane Austin characters (The Unquiet Bride had Wickham, Darcy, Brandon and company... Zombies, of course) and the cast of an obscure anime/manga/game series (Hanano's ninja were all named after the Guardians from Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. Her oni was Akuram)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 3 weeks later

Thugs named after various canines Dingo Hyena Jackal Hellhound Coyote and DireWolf f

Ninja no names to keep the mystery and make the image of an endless ninja army

Robots various greek god names based on war aspects Athena Ares Fury class drones

Demons various demonic names 

mercs various GI joe inspired codenames

Beasts bit a fantasy Disney theme names

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

• 3 weeks later