Oldest player contest!

DoctorDitko

5 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I am 61 years old, and I doubt I am the oldest player. 

With your encyclopædic knowledge of Latin, I just figured you were from Themyscira!

4 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Hey, you're in luck, there's a PSA for that!

Oh, you kids and your fancy markup. In my day we made HTML 1.1 by hand. In Simpletext. And we loved it!

Spoiler

Or, believe it or not, HoTMetaL Pro. And thanks for the tip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Oh, you kids and your fancy markup. In my day we made HTML 1.1 by hand. In Simpletext. And we loved it!

Funny you mention it...a few years ago I was webmaster for my sister and her husbands home based business...he asked what program I use to make website and my answer was (and still is) um..WordPad.  My brain is full to overflowing with obsolete coding languages like BASIC PASCAL HTML CSS and VRML.  It's hard learning new stuff like incarnates and set bonus info. 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, ditch Wordpad and give Notepad++ a try!

Your fingers will thank you!

I was my state's Y2K webmaster, and that thing would have been a godsend!

Came out in 2003, darn it!

• Like 2

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Is there a prize for the youngest? Because out of the people who have posted so far, I win, being only 27. 😛

I remember playing this game at the beginning of High School, so even still this game has been with me a while. 😄

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I have another 20 or so months until I ding 50.  Really hoping I get the flashy graphical effects IRL.

Okay...that's it...I have almost 4 yrs to go but I am holding out for the flashy graphical effects AND the one of each insp boost when I turn 50!  Someone get that into R&D pronto, pls 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

I’m 46. Not the oldest. But some days I feel like 100. Lol 

the 2020 year effect is real.

• Like 3

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Yeah. All the stuff I've done since I hit 50 and STILL no Alpha slot opening up. Starting to think RL has some serious bugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Yeah. All the stuff I've done since I hit 50 and STILL no Alpha slot opening up. Starting to think RL has some serious bugs.

I mean, did you even get the "Entrusted With The Secret" badge? Have you even been to Ouroboros yet? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Just now, GastlyGibus said:

I mean, did you even get the "Entrusted With The Secret" badge? Have you even been to Ouroboros yet? 😄

You can open those without the special thing from whatshisname...RL is just fatally bugged.  And what kinda drops are y'all getting?  Mine seem to all be bills and messes to clean up.  Lots of salvage but RL seriously needs to improve the storage capacity of bases! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GastlyGibus said:

You know, I stand around at the bus stop and ask for someone to drop a portal, but all I get is strange looks.

• Haha 3

Funny, Lunch doesn't look a day over 90!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GastlyGibus said:

Is there a prize for the youngest? Because out of the people who have posted so far, I win, being only 27. 😛

I remember playing this game at the beginning of High School, so even still this game has been with me a while. 😄

20mm*(50-age) for the youngest player.  I'm hoping that 8 y/o shows up!

@DoctorDitkois responsible for "verifying" the winners in whatever time frame and manner he or she sees fit, then I'll send the check.

Who run Bartertown?

Scary to think that 8 year old might be driving now!

I think I'll just go by the honor system. After high school, I don't see many people lying about their age in the upward direction!

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

I have another 20 or so months until I ding 50.  Really hoping I get the flashy graphical effects IRL.

IKR?  I'm hoping I can start earning some real-life Incarnate XP.   

And man oh man, I want me some real-life Ouroborous.  How cool would it be to flashback to like, 2019 right about now?

• Like 1

I never thought I'd be be nostalgic for 2019.

Or wished I lived in South Korea (good COVID response, excellent Internet speed).

• Like 2

I'll turn 42 ina few months. I want to make some joke about suddenly being gifted with the answers to life the universe and everything but well, that would be a fucking joke.,

• Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I'll turn 42 ina few months. I want to make some joke about suddenly being gifted with the answers to life the universe and everything but well, that would be a fucking joke.,

I could totally see someone buying you a case of good beer. 

Or some really good coffee.

LOTS of people use one or the other as the answers to life, the universe, and everything.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

Why not both?

First, drink a case of Fuller's Extra Special Bitter, then wake up with a pot of Sumatra Mandheling!

Share and Enjoy!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have some sort of mid-life crisis or something but I don't really like sportscar and I just bought a new truck. I did try hitting on this 20 year old but I can't interpret all those emoji's. :/

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have some sort of mid-life crisis or something but I don't really like sportscar and I just bought a new truck. I did try hitting on this 20 year old but I can't interpret all those emoji's. 😕

you need this guy:  

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

Yeah. I work at a college and there are very many beautiful girls, but I can't get past the language barrier.

Admire, not aspire.

• Like 1