Oldest player contest!

DoctorDitko

7 hours ago, Nemeroff said:

IJ.jpg

At 47, my frickin' odometer hurts.
Imagine a Yugo that someone thought would be funny to turn into a 4x4 and then beat the ever-loving crap out of.
Bad roads, no roads, rock-crawling, mudding, etc.
Face-down the entire time.

• Haha 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

I have another 20 or so months until I ding 50.  Really hoping I get the flashy graphical effects IRL.

You will. It’s called lower back pain.:-)

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

10 minutes ago, Jack Power said:

I'm 47 so I won't win oldest (yay!??). But my sons are 16 and 8 and they play. Does that count?

//Jack

My 24 yr old son plays CoH but my 22 yr old son is too busy with rock climbing and this strange sunshine and sand sport called volleyball....sounds like a euphemism to me but the tub is always full of sand.  Weird RL things!

• Haha 1

Great thread! And pretty much corresponds to the age ranges whenever this comes up at at Everlasting’s MSRs (for which, thank you Chaos United and @Helena Handbasketfor leading).

PS... 45. Apparently one of the youngsters here.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1st gen video gamer. (unless you count mainframe games like Bertie the Brain, Spacewar! or the first Star Trek game)

Played the Pong coin-op cocktail table game in Spring 1974, and the Magnavox Odyssey console at a kid's club I attended.

1st kid on the block to own an Atari 2600, which I still have with about 40 games, and it still works (though not currently hooked up).

mid-range of y'all at 53.  AARP thinks I'm old, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

you need this guy:  

I had to use a similar resource in a recent case. That was a pain but, from a certain distance, hilariously entertaining. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I'm in the "only 50, but feels older" camp... especially at the moment, while I'm moving around like a geriatric ground sloth.

('Slipped backwards going down the stairs while carrying a pile of flattened boxes to the recycling bin. 'Slammed into the stairway handrail hard enough to crack a rib. OOOOWWWWWWW. 'Supposed to be careful how I move now, and not allowed to pick up anything heavier than my cat. Which is a pain in the rear. And my side. *shakes tiny fist* >_<)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I'm in the "only 50, but feels older" camp... especially at the moment, while I'm moving around like a geriatric ground sloth.

('Slipped backwards going down the stairs while carrying a pile of flattened boxes to the recycling bin. 'Slammed into the stairway handrail hard enough to crack a rib. OOOOWWWWWWW. 'Supposed to be careful how I move now, and not allowed to pick up anything heavier than my cat. Which is a pain in the rear. And my side. *shakes tiny fist* >_<)

Ouch! Heal fast. 48 here. Feel 55. Big bro Green Dwarf is 57. No clue how old he feels.

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Great thread! And pretty much corresponds to the age ranges whenever this comes up at at Everlasting’s MSRs (for which, thank you Chaos United and @Helena Handbasketfor leading).

PS... 45. Apparently one of the youngsters here.

Oh yes, those discussions are always amusing! I was TrypTych on last night's MSR when we were joking about age-related stuff.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

13 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I feel your pain. Hopefully your cat is not of the Maine Coon breed.  I should have been much slimmer and more athletic at 53 (my brother, at 50, is an Iron Man competitor), but after 24 years and 5 back injuries (3 hits to my cars, 2 work injuries) the doctors are just trying to keep me going.  I've had major back and headaches ever since, leading to a more sedentary lifestyle due to pain.  

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

You will. It’s called lower back pain.:-)

I've had that since I was about 25. thanks to breaking my leg when I was 7.
 Scoliosis and whatnot...

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

My 24 yr old son plays CoH but my 22 yr old son is too busy with rock climbing and this strange sunshine and sand sport called volleyball....sounds like a euphemism to me but the tub is always full of sand.  Weird RL things!

Volleyball is about the only sport that I enjoy.

and that's if I actually playing it.

5 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

Is there a prize for the youngest? Because out of the people who have posted so far, I win, being only 27. 😛

I remember playing this game at the beginning of High School, so even still this game has been with me a while. 😄

Well, my daughter plays and is 20. But she hasn't posted, so maybe that doesn't count.

Ah, I see Jack Power's younguns have taken the roll of youngest so far.

To be fair, my daughter was 7 when she started playing originally (with my wife and I, never alone), but only got a couple of years in before the shutdown. It's funny, the three of us were playing Champions Online early last year, and my daughter sighed and said wistfully "I miss City of Heroes." Less than 2 weeks later, I found out about Homecoming. Talk about a Yay! moment. 🙂

Edited by nightroarer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sakai said:

I am stuck at home with a touch of bursitis in the hip that developed a couple of days ago. Does that give me bonus years?

Sorry to hear it. If this were P&P Champions, the disad would give you some points to spend. So, uh, grats?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 9/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Techwright said:

I feel your pain. Hopefully your cat is not of the Maine Coon breed.  I should have been much slimmer and more athletic at 53 (my brother, at 50, is an Iron Man competitor), but after 24 years and 5 back injuries (3 hits to my cars, 2 work injuries) the doctors are just trying to keep me going.  I've had major back and headaches ever since, leading to a more sedentary lifestyle due to pain.  

As it happens... she is. 

More fluff than an alpaca ranch. Tail the size of the Titanic. All RIGHT THERE. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Have you considered a decoy keyboard? My dogs kept peeing on my computer until I built a new one & relocated.

I have 9 dogs so I didn't even know who to blame!

(Still a crafty bastard. They'll have to get up early to -- oh, damn, I need a towel!)

Edited by DoctorDitko

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

12 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

As it happens... she is. 

More fluff than an alpaca ranch. Tail the size of the Titanic. All RIGHT THERE on top of my keyboard. XD

Pics. I want a Maine Coon so bad. English Mastiff was my favorite dog so far. Figure MC would be right up my alley.

OK, I think I have a tongue-in-cheek test for antiquity:

1. Who won, Nikolai or Thomas?

2. Name Zeppo's brothers.

3. If Carol, Tim, and Harvey had a race, who would come in last?

4. Spike totally won what medium?

5. Where were you on July 20th, 1969 and why?

No fair googling, but if you do at least you'll learn something, you dadgum whippersnappers!

PS: I live in a log cabin, I don't have a lawn. But if I did...

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

As it happens... she is. 

More fluff than an alpaca ranch. Tail the size of the Titanic. All RIGHT THERE on top of my keyboard. XD

44 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pics. I want a Maine Coon so bad. English Mastiff was my favorite dog so far. Figure MC would be right up my alley.

We've got a big boy floofer who appears to be some variety of Scandinavian Forest Cat.  It's a very similar breed.

image.thumb.jpeg.a05df1fb7ed16d4a4f6b0c23b978e3de.jpeg

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

Wow. That's a cool, cool kitty.

Almost sets off my severe cat dander allergy.

Look at that mane!

You win the Cat Internet!

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

Sorry to hear it. If this were P&P Champions, the disad would give you some points to spend. So, uh, grats?

Mutants&Masterminds, Steve. You can throw all of the rest away.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward