Oldest player contest!

DoctorDitko

On 9/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, Hew said:

Sorry, but this post lacks its validating meme, animated gif, or all around general feel good pic. 

Slacker! 🙂

hey...when your birth certificate looks like The Dead Sea Scrolls, it takes a little longer to do stuff, OK?imagesCAQ3A9FI.jpg.74035ffd7da6984887ca13cef69ee2d6.jpg

goml.gif.a96a752b1319d5633d47cdc46c562c3e.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

36 minutes ago, Healix said:

I don't know...I'll have to ask YOUR MOM LOLOLOL. Now get off my lawn

If your oldest is 56, you win.
Because, as the oldest, (47) I'm QUITE certain my mom didn't start having kids at 15.
My grandmother would have straight up shoved her into a sausage maker IN PUBLIC, then spread the grounds around the neighborhood.  Smiling the entire time.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 9/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, DoctorDitko said:

OK, there are a few threads that make me think I might not be the most ancient of days player on the Homecoming server.

Are you older than me? I just turned 58, which should mean I know better, but (to my surprise) that's not thing that actually happens. You don't get wiser, you just remember all the mistakes you made when you were younger. Then you pretend you are wiser to the youngsters.

Oops. Should have used the spoiler tag, but I can't figure out how to use it!

OK. so the oldest player wins 20 million inf from Yomo er, 1 million inf from me, and a promise to team up with you any time you want, as long as it's not too far past my bedtime.

🙂

This is no contest.

You know you are older than me, Doc.

And you know my line that I give people in-game about my age ::

I'm older than the hills, but younger than the mountains.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, AsheTDust said:

So this where the entire population of Gen X has been hiding.

its not so much as get off my lawn, but instead gimme back my teased hair and flannel.

Gex X may have no pull in today's economic or political arenas, but we rule the school when it comes to nostalgia.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, nightroarer said:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'm 53. Not telling my wife's age, except to say she's one month older than I am (my dad calls her the cradle robber).

But together, my wife and I just turned 30 today (anniversary).

Congrats!  I hope she plays CoH, too.  But yeah, um anniversary celebration in or out of game...way cool ☺

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Congrats!  I hope she plays CoH, too.  But yeah, um anniversary celebration in or out of game...way cool ☺

My wife, daughter, and I all play CoH. If we celebrate for a while in game, it'll be a toss up between CoH and LOTRO. Or maybe a bit of both. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Wasn’t that ‘83?

Eh.  Big hair ranged from the early 80's to the late 90's (though the roots (pun!) go back to the 50's and 60's) for women.  Some of the original grunge bands were fronted by people with hair as poofy as Bananarama's or The Bangles' girls, but they typically looked more like homeless people than rock stars.  Long hair was definitely in on men, but not big (teased).  Men with teased hair were around, too, but it wasn't a Gen X affectation, it was the hair metal and pop culture that grew out of 80's pop and early metal.  Grunge reflects Gen X more accurately.  Long, lanky hair, not teased, beanies (ski caps) sometimes, but not mandatory (good way to succumb to heat stroke in the wrong climate).

Flannel wasn't prevalent as a fashion choice until grunge spread, though, so early to mid 90's is when that started.  Jeans and leather jackets to complete the ensemble (jean jackets were out, those were an 80's fashion.  same with the Michael Jackson zip-up leather jackets, too 80's for Gen X).  Boots if you were serious about the look, preferably hiking, combat or Docs, as long as they looked used.  If anything worn looked like it hadn't been folded, hung or ironed, that was a plus.  Actually being dirty wasn't.  Clean, but reflecting an appearance of nonchalance, of preferring to feel comfortable over presentable.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm Gen X and I remember MJ's jacket and glove. And when his hair caught on fire on live tv. But yeah Gen-X is more 90's as my playlist would tell anyone.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

30 minutes ago, mereman said:

I was born 18-12-1952 I'll let you good folks work it out😄

For our American friends who might be confused by the time formatting: in Britain we have 6 extra months.

Edited by Lines
  • Haha 10

For the remainder of this thread, I say we change the ‘l’ in oldest to a ‘d.’ 

Then see what happens...:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.