Paperweights

fitzsimmons

5 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

There's no sin in eating cannoli.

If you eat grocery store cannoli, you are going to burn in a special level of Hell. The  level they reserve for child molesters and people that talk at the theater.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

If you eat grocery store cannoli, you are going to burn in a special level of Hell. The  level they reserve for child molesters and people that talk at the theater.

What kind of mime theater are you hanging out in?

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

16 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Those aren't really cannoli. 

Those are some terrible, terrible atrocity PRETENDING to be cannoli, but in truth made only of sorrow and sadness.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

10 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Those aren't really cannoli. 

Those are some terrible, terrible atrocity PRETENDING to be cannoli, but in truth made only of sorrow and sadness.

It should be the duty of every citizen to do the makers of this atrocity harm if we are so able.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

6 minutes ago, huang3721 said:

Non-westerner here. Why is some much hate to Cannolis?

They seem .... OK?

Cannolis are really delicious, if they're well-made, fresh ones.  But you can buy things that are called cannolis, but are actually a highly-engineered, long-life product that has a shelf-life of months.  Cannoli filling is supposed to be made with sweetened, flavoured ricotta cheese, and no fresh dairy filling is going to last for months at room temperature.  If you know what a cannoli is supposed to taste like, they're crushingly disappointing.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1) FOOD! Another thread that has fallen under the powerful influence of our apparently under fed stomachs. We are consistant in that way at least.

2) I would think a person being powerleveled is more likely to have a Temp Flight ability rather than the actual travel pool, at least I think that would be more telling.

3) Nunya's, huh, I'll have to remember that one. Nice. I could just say I have set bonuses "turned off" by Null the Gull. ( Yes, I know he can't do that. )

4) More Costume Pieces! just cause I want to get maximum mileage out of a single post, oh and Nerf Regen! More Content! Less Lag!

• Like 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, huang3721 said:

They seem .... OK?

Real cannoli... GOOD cannoli... are excellent things. Both crispy and creamy, and sweet but not *too* sweet, they're absolutely delicious.

But, as Grouchybeast said, not all so-called "cannoli" are equal, and the things that tend to show up pre-packaged at the grocer's aren't the good kind. They're usually made with a waxy, greasy filling that tastes nothing like the filling of a proper cannoli, and often the shell is both bland and not as crispy as it ought to be. They may look like proper cannoli, but eating one of those is a disappointment.  

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

So, obviously these "fake cannolis" are the aforementioned paperweights referred to in this thread. (I knew we couldn't have been talking about people, cuz that'd be rude!)🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

5 hours ago, huang3721 said:

They seem .... OK?

I don't like cheese in my pastries.  Ricotta belongs in things like stuffed manicotti.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

So, TLDR version - there are cannolis and there are can'tolis and can'tolis make people sad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There are a number of things I understand. There are things that "I get", or make sense to me. 

There are many things I don't get, or understand. 

If you expect players to be competently equipped, you probably shouldn't be powerleveling anyone you've not teamed with before. You should have some idea about their knowledge of the game so that they aren't level 50, with no influence to slot their character due to p2w buffs. 

That said, I do get that for certain group events - like a super team or an SG sponsored PvP or Hami Raid, there may be some power leveling and suggested builds to help out lesser experienced players get a character to meet the requirements for certain content. No problem with that - as those players are getting mentored, and they have a friendly support network to answer questions. 

I do understand that some people may lack the maturity or patience to experience the lower levels to learn and understand various game mechanics, and/or tactics and/or strategies. Not to mention the overwhelming math behind ED and procs to go along with all the information about IO sets. But to have NO slots for a master run? That's just nonsense. 

John Cleese, British Comedian/actor has been quoted to say, "Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely lack the ability to understand they don't know what they are doing." 

Their ignorance has given them bliss. They simply did not understand how challenging it is to not be defeated for the average player. They lacked the understanding that a lot of people can only play for a limited time, and to invest that time for a master run and have it not work out because someone wasn't playing well - for any reason - can be quite frustrating. Especially if you learn a player lacked the respect to be at least minimally slotted. 

I get CoH is a game - that we're lucky to be able to play again! I get that some of you have a real life outside the game and that making a build isn't much fun for you. You just want to smash stuff. By all means, play the way that brings you joy. 
But - if playing the way that brings you joy brings other people you play with misery and frustration...you may wish to re-consider who you're playing with. Probably not a good match. That's the best thing about CoH. There are groups of players that are super chill - and have no issues with you dancing next to Dr. Vahz while everyone else is fighting for the lives of their pixels. There are also groups of players that create a build for a specific task/strike force just to finish it as fast as they can. 

And there are even badge nerds that spend billions of inf on their builds - just to do ouro badges with the setting "enhancements have no effect".  Evidence that we're all a bit crazy, for sure. 

I just feel for the OP in this case, because he's already a mission into the tf, and it's too late to uninvite someone, and kicking them would be a jerk move, as we never really know what's going on the other side of the monitor. 

• Like 1

You beat me to it!

I've become fond of interjecting "Paging Doctor Dunning,,, Doctor Kruger" in some situations.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)