The game is getting better

Diantane

12 hours ago, Diantane said:

(So that is why so many players talk like this)

There is so much of this game that I am learning. The first few weeks was spent figuring out which class and combination of power sets to play (must be over a thousand). Settled on a Claws/EA Scrapper. He's about 30 as of this evening's team session. After we did a huge map everyone left the game (well, two of us left). The next mission was also timed, so I logged until tomorrow. As always it was a fun evening.

I will work into TF's and other events. Trying to learn about other game areas again. Was in Terra Volta for the first time in several years. It was an amazing zone!

Yep. If you see (People doing this in chat) on Everlasting, that's just an RP convention,

It's a way to designate "out of character" comments vs. in-character ones. It gets to be a habit after awhile, so some players do it even when they aren't on an actively roleplaying team. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

50 minutes ago, Lines said:

I grab unslotters whenever I need to reorder my enhancements so that the procs go on the right.

That's right, need to.

I can neither confirm nor deny using a respec to shuffle around a large number of enhancements just to rearrange them so the procs are to the right (then again, you get one every 10 levels so they aren't all that hard to get).

Although usually I use them to move slots from early powers to later ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lines said:

I grab unslotters whenever I need to reorder my enhancements so that the procs go on the right.

That's right, need to.

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

Neatness is like cleanliness which is next to godliness....so its a freaking virtue!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

Yeah, I'm OCD AF about my IO placement too...

17 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I can neither confirm nor deny using a respec to shuffle around a large number of enhancements just to rearrange them so the procs are to the right (then again, you get one every 10 levels so they aren't all that hard to get).

Although usually I use them to move slots from early powers to later ones.

Add me to the OCD clan. IOs have to be in order or nothing is right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Also invest in unslotters.

The %% are better on D/SOs until you get to 30, then IOs offer the best %% and length of use (they don't expire).  When you get higher levels and decide to replace common IOs with sets or just higher level IOs, use an unslotters and put that gently used IO in base storage for your next alt to use. 

This will reduce the inf requirement for future characters and let you start to build your nest egg.  My base has so many stored that a new toon may only need to buy a specialty IO (like disorient that I may not have stored) or extra end red IOs (if I dont have enough).  

Happy hunting!

I just want to point out that the enhancement difference between 3 SOs and 3 level 25 IOS is, a negligible, 6% (based on damage enhancements, other schedule enhancement will have a different variance)

That won't really make a noticeable difference.

And level 25 IOs are cheaper to make than level 30 IOs.

Edited by Twisted Toon

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Add me to the OCD clan. IOs have to be in order or nothing is right.

I've spent a Catalyst on a Shield Breaker Proc, because the rest of the Shield Breaker set was Attuned, but the proc was just lvl 10 unattuned.

And it was missing that ring that every other IO had on the enhancement management screen. 

And it kept taunting me every time I saw it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I would suggest that you start running some task forces. It is pretty easy to accumulate ~100 merits per week running task forces.

You mean per day?  🙂

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

20 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I would suggest that you start running some task forces. It is pretty easy to accumulate ~100 merits per week running task forces. Especially if you run the weekly strike targets.

I second this - but given the time you're able to play - you should be able to squeeze in 1 merit every 5 minutes, taking your sweet time. 1 merit every minute or better if you're speeding, which from my understanding you're not. The exploration badges give 5 reward merits visiting each badge site, 8 of them per zone. If you can't do that in 5 minutes with vidiot maps patch....that's a merit per minute easily. At level 28: 
Atlas
Echo:Atlas
Echo:Galaxy
Kings Row
The Hollows

Perez Park
Boomtown
Faultline
Echo:Faultline
Echo:Dark Astoria
Terra Volta
Striga Isle
Croatoa
Skyway
Steel Canyon
Sewer Network

180 Merits there. I didn't even include Siren's Call or Bloody Bay because a lot of folks prefer not to enter those zones. Not repeatable, but a good way to accumulate some reward merits quickly, no team is needed, either. 

The Sig Story arcs are all mostly about 4 missions, and give 20 merits. If you did nothing but SSAs once a week, you'd have a nice stash of reward merits. 

If you just did the hamidon raids (once you level up) that's 160 merits per night in less than an hour, usually. 

55 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

While we are tangentially on the topic of enhancement order, who else stares at their screen blankly when the order in Mids is different than the order in the /ah?  I think they do that to confuse me.

But do you also buy them in order so that when you get them from the AH they're in the proper order in your tray before slotting them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EmmySky said:
4 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Look upon my works, ye mighty;

image.thumb.png.feee55b34b767775e3c83be9d6acd92b.png

AND DESPAIR!

I can't even...what...where...how....but....  !

I am fairly certain that was either an unused build slot or more than a few unslotters were used just to irritate those with OCD.

I'm also fairly certain that things were fixed shortly after that screen shot was taken.

However, you can't trust some people do do what's expected...😏

Nah.  Was done on the Aeon Shard with the wonderful "Cheat" commands there.  Character's still sitting there, and is likely to remain untouched until the next Test Shard purge.  I'm not exactly inclined to actually -play- that abomination of a build.  More than half of those Sets aren't even things I'd normally use under any conditions.