The game is getting better

Diantane

I may be the outlier of the group, then. I often slot 6pc sets in the opposite order, like Preventive Medicine. The proc is usually the most useful in lower levels when I have limited slots, so It goes proc, fifth, fourth, third... etc. Still in order, just reversed.

And when I frankenslot, I like to arrange them by colours... (2pc positron's blast is darker than 2pcs of Annihilation, which is also darker than 2pcs of Detonation; same with 3pcs of Obliteration before 2pcs of Erradication then the Dominator ATO) like a rainbow of hues 😃 

I also have this habit of slotting IOs based on their name/title to a power or ATs name. like I've opted for Artillery, Bombardment, and Detonation for my Assault Riffle/Dev Blaster, foregoing Positron's Blast even though it may have more useful set bonuses for the toon. Or limiting myself to Tempest, Maelstrom's Fury, Thunderstrike, on the elec blast powers on my Elec/Storm. It's more thematic that way. 😃 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

I may be the outlier of the group, then. I often slot 6pc sets in the opposite order, like Preventive Medicine. The proc is usually the most useful in lower levels when I have limited slots, so It goes proc, fifth, fourth, third... etc. Still in order, just reversed.

And when I frankenslot, I like to arrange them by colours... (2pc positron's blast is darker than 2pcs of Annihilation, which is also darker than 2pcs of Detonation; same with 3pcs of Obliteration before 2pcs of Erradication then the Dominator ATO) like a rainbow of hues 😃 

I also have this habit of slotting IOs based on their name/title to a power or ATs name. like I've opted for Artillery, Bombardment, and Detonation for my Assault Riffle/Dev Blaster, foregoing Positron's Blast even though it may have more useful set bonuses for the toon. Or limiting myself to Tempest, Maelstrom's Fury, Thunderstrike, on the elec blast powers on my Elec/Storm. It's more thematic that way. 😃 

Any order is order, alphabet, color, set, any order or even a combination of orders.  We must impose the order!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

I have done this for the exact same reasoning. It is of interest to me that reversed is acceptable. It's almost like being able to accept the non-linear nature of time.

Or maybe I'm batshit insane. Either way...

• Haha 3

I must be more chaotic than I think I am. Or, may the saints be praised, I'm not afflicted with OCDitis. 😄 

I put sets in any order, and even frankenslotting they'll be in any order.

Except, I do try to keep each set together if putting more than 1 piece of a set when slotting multiple sets in a power. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

I must be more chaotic than I think I am. Or, may the saints be praised, I'm not afflicted with OCDitis. 😄 

I put sets in any order, and even frankenslotting they'll be in any order.

Except, I do try to keep each set together if putting more than 1 piece of a set when slotting multiple sets in a power. 

That just means that you're 1/3 OCD, whether its the O, the C, or the D, I'll leave up to you.

I'm leaning towards Disorder, though...😋

• Haha 2

*laughing* I always slot sets proc/single/double/triple/quad, left to right.

If I have a proc or a special outside of the set? That goes in first, on the left. Then the set, in usual order.

Also, if it's an attuned set in the power ALL of the enhancements in that power have to be attuned. It drives me batty when they're "mixed". It looks messy.  And yes, that means I've occasionally "wasted" catalysts on things like procs and specials that didn't really need to be attuned, mechanically speaking.

I'm glad to see it's not just me who gets a little nutty about things like that. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Order within sets doesn't bother me.  I only require that sets be together if I have a mix.  I wouldn't be able to stand 2 of a set, then 1 of another set, then 3 of the original set for instance.  A set has to be together.  I could even have it 1 and then 5 or 5 and then 1, as long as they aren't mixed up.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:31 AM, Diantane said:

I had INF problems in the past as stated in It doesn't "pay" to play a support character  . But the issues are still there if all you do is play the game (not sitting in at the Auction).

I just did something and I want to insist that you are fighting against the tide if you absolutely refuse to use the auction house even at the most basic level. I started a character with no money transferred and had something like 40-50 mill in slotted things and another 26 mill in money waiting to be spent after a day of playing. Playing playing, not 'sitting in at the Auction'.

15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I just did something and I want to insist that you are fighting against the tide if you absolutely refuse to use the auction house even at the most basic level. I started a character with no money transferred and had something like 40-50 mill in slotted things and another 26 mill in money waiting to be spent after a day of playing. Playing playing, not 'sitting in at the Auction'.

For a defender/support character, just run through one, and i mean just 1, BAD BOSS? ae arc solo at any level. Make sure you have the sands of mu temp power, as well as one of the sticks (wand, nem staff) for extra damage alongside your level 1 noob power plus level 1 attack.

Play for tickets! This is important. Get out, and roll 15-19 bronze recipes for rewards. You can get a lot. Either craft and sell, or just sell the recipes (recipes get you a lot less money). Depending on what you get, you can easily score millions of inf for 10, 12 minutes worth of playtime. It is kinda boring, but the point is to jumpstart your inf generation.

edit: i am generally the most broke marketeer out there, because i market across a bunch of chars but have major time limitations and am a terribad altoholic. Despite this, I have little problem getting all the nifty procs that can really help out an otherwise lacklustre build on all generics zing a bit. 😄

Once you have your few mil nest egg, you can market for ~5-10 minutes a day and slowly get all the inf you need, while actually playing the game for merits, badges, and whatever other things you find fun. 🙂

The best part about the BADS missions is that pegged at level 1, everyone, no matter how weak, can get roughly the same amount of rewards ticket-wise in ~the same amount of time.

Edited by Hew