Sign in to follow this  
Sakura Tenshi

Things You'd Want from Other Games (to put into this one)

Pretty much what the title says: have you ever come across things in other games and thought "man, I wish we had that in City?" Whether an interesting mechanic, a fighting style as a power, or even something cosmetic like outfits or animations. Tell me what stuff you've come across that you'd love to steal from other games to frankenstein into City of through the magic of wishing.

While there's a lot of stuff I could go into myself, I've lately been following Iron Harvest 1920+ and thought that several aesthetic choices and even units in the game would make for excellent Nemesis mob spawns, especially the faction of Saxony. Just bling them out some golden trim, ornate engravings, and plating and you gave a good look for an updated Nemesis. Helps one of the Polanian mechs basically is basically a bigger War Hulk without a clear glass pod.

jakub-rozalski-polania-walker01.thumb.jpg.954cdeaa03ce661ce1c439e4c9514bde.jpg

• Like 1

I'd love to have some of the hair options that my Aion characters have ported over to the City.... And my Songweaver and Templar's gorgeous wing models. (Talissan has the Ancients wings, while Qinn has the Noble Pernon set.)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I'll second some of the Aion wings - and flight mechanics - even though I haven't played that in ages. Having flight an integrated part of exploration, combat, etc. instead of just "neat travel power" was fun.

I mean, come on...

thechase-smaller.png

No matter what else you might say about Aion (grindy pvp game) it is gorgeous. Plus they had longer robes/dresses.

Honestly, a massive graphics and costume option update (so we've got more "graphical anchors," plus we can get fingers and toes and lose some angles...) would be wonderful in general. Then there's "customizable / make your own graphics," like one of my guys from... way back in APB had.

zpa.jpg

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

One small feature from WoW that I miss in CoH is the ability to hang little moons and stars over mobs.  Would come in handy if you were running, say, a Synapse and had found the three mobs guarding the warehouse worker.  As soon as the tank shows up all sorts of needless mobs will get trained in and it would be nice to flag the real targets.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

No matter what else you might say about Aion (grindy pvp game) it is gorgeous. Plus they had longer robes/dresses.

I *hate* that flight is time-limited so sharply and only available in certain areas... But the wings really are gorgeous.

I want Qinn's hair...

QinnHair.jpg

And Khae's...

KhaeHair.jpg

And Tal's outfit...

TalissanPort.jpg 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice