Whats new since end May 2020?

ShaDoxxx

12 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

There's something ridiculously large in the works right now, but it's in Closed Beta.  The people who keep spilling beans about it are implying that it's close to fully baked, so we'll see in a few weeks if they were accurate with their predictions.

Huh. Had no idea....hope it is super cool. 

• Retired Developer

Did someone summon me?

whyamisoevil.jpg

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

6 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

There's something ridiculously large in the works right now

6 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

close to fully baked

IS IT A PIZZA?!  IS IT A CHICAGO-STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA?!

😍

The HC team is making us pizza!  I'm so excited!  And hungry!

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

No.  Of course it's not pizza.

Did you miss the part about people spilling beans?   Who puts -beans- on a pizza?

Soy bean pizza? 

Taco pizza?!!!

• Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

14 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

You should check out @Piecemeal's posts.

I don't have all day to spend scrolling through threads that are 11 pages long, can anyone give me a summary?

I expect this on  my desk by five or we're all getting pineapple on our pizzas!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Luminara said:

IS IT A PIZZA?!  IS IT A CHICAGO-STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA?!

I have an american friend who says that it's a shame they don't make pizzas in Chicago, but at least they do make tasty casseroles.  It took me quite a while before I realised what she meant.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

16 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I have an american friend who says that it's a shame they don't make pizzas in Chicago, but at least they do make tasty casseroles.  It took me quite a while before I realised what she meant.

Or you could look at them as an Italian-style version of a medieval meat pie, prepared and served open-face.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:37 PM, EmmySky said:

With pineapple?

While I understand the general sentiment of others, pineapple does actually go really well with certain other toppings (and awfully with others).

It’s ideal compliment is ham and/or grilled chicken with either a sweet plum tomato sauce or a Hawaiian barbecue sauce and stick with the basic mozzarella instead of adding sharper and more flavorful cheeses. The idea is to bring out the sweet and tangy of the pineapple and sauce with the non-greasy ham/chicken as a salty compliment. It is also better on a thinner dryer crust where the bread isn’t weighing down the meal with a lot of extra starch/carbs and doesn’t take so long to cook that the pineapples break down into formless mush.

It’s horrible with pepperoni, Italian sausage, onions/peppers, spicy tomato sauces and sharper cheeses... which is where it’s bad rap as a pizza topping comes in. The sweet fights the heat and makes both less appetizing. Deep dish where the longer cooking time breaks the pineapple down doesn’t do it favors either.

Basically, if your definition of a pizza requires thick crusts, pepperoni/spicy toppings and flavorful cheeses then YES, pineapple is bad. But if you’re a bit more flexible then it can actually be really yummy.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

She's not your friend.

Burn her.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Forget pizza.  Now I want some of those awesome noodles with curry, shrimp, and pineapple.  Will accept the fried rice version if necessary.

"Venmo Me and See What Happens."

I'll tell you what happens. I'd order me some of them there noodles.

Edited by InvaderStych
commas

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.