First Ever Homecoming Base Contest!

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey everyone! 

You guys have created some of the most amazing, inventive, and unique creations I have ever seen and I want you to share them with the CoX world, so I am so very beyond excited to announce our first ever 🏘️BASE CONTEST!🏡

There’s no theme, alignment or shard requirement. All bases are welcome!

How to Enter

Bases must be submitted by the Supergroup owner (the member with the red star in the Supergroup member list). Please post in this thread with the following in order to enter:

• Your character name (the character with the red star)
  • Your global handle
  • Your Supergroup name
  • The shard you’re on
  • The passcode for entering the Supergroup base
  • The character names or global handles of any Supergroup members that contributed to building the base (up to a maximum of five, including yourself if you contributed)
  • OPTIONAL: Up to five screenshots of your base
  • One entry only please.

The submission deadline is October 31st, 2020 at 6pm Eastern (11pm UTC)

Prizes

• First place:
    • A pool of 5,000 Reward Merits that will be divided evenly among the base contributors
    • A  golden title (Base Contest Winner) for each contributor
  • Second place:
    • A pool of 5,000 Reward Merits that will be divided evenly among the base contributors
    • A  golden title (Base Contest Finalist) for each contributor
  • Third, Fourth and Fifth place:
    • A  golden title (Base Contest Runner-Up) for each contributor

Judging

After the deadline passes, the Game Masters will take some time to go through each of the entries to pick the winners. We’ll aim to post the winners up by November 15th, but this may take a bit longer if there’s a large number of entries.

We can’t want to see all of your bases. Good luck and have fun!

*Adding a small note since we have gotten a few questions. We aren't taking any tours with individual players (we will be touring the bases on our own time), so please add any extra info you would like to the post if you have hidden areas or something you don't want us to miss! 

Edited by GM Miss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

Hello! 

Character name: Spirit

Global Handle: @Squidget

SG Name: Hallowed Grounds

Shard: Everlasting

Passcode: GHOST-1471

Contributors: None (unless you count me?)

Please be sure to use /visscale 5 (or higher)!

The base starts off in a spooky, fog-enshrouded clearing found after getting lost in the woods of Rhode Island - there's a shortcut to the main area just ahead and to the right, but ignoring that will take you down the "trial of courage" akin to some Japanese festivals! Once you're through that, you'll find yourself in an otherworldly resort...seemingly Japanese in design. Strange!

Once you take the portal on the small island, you'll find yourself standing in front of a towering restaurant - The Pagoda! There's plenty to look around at here: the restaurant just ahead, the portal to chain of floating hot springs is to the right of the restaurant, the expansive caverns to the left, and the inn (located through the two small buildings to either side of the bridge in front of the Pagoda). 

Please feel free to message me ingame if you would like a tour! There's a few hidden spots that are easily passed over, such as the Cavern of the Sun and the Cavern of the Moon behind the waterfalls within the large cavern.

screenshot_200528-22-12-10.thumb.jpg.6f0ed44fd9cb2a607db8dc44ed98511b.jpg

screenshot_200909-12-18-35.thumb.jpg.a7e45edffb588c5c70cbdda680b283e1.jpg

screenshot_200528-21-57-07.thumb.jpg.8c4443b566f4315406d96946d69577fd.jpg

Attractions within the cavern shown directly above include the Japanese gardens, coral reef with boating rentals, the Tenryu Bridge, the aquatic gardens, the wishing well, traveler's shrine within an interior cavern (on the same level as the well), and the main shrine, located at the peak of the cavern's multi-tiered layers. Two hidden caverns, the Cavern of the Sun and the Cavern of the Moon, are located behind the waterfalls on the ground level!

Edited by Squidget
  • Like 13

I hope to be finished with this by the deadline, but I would be happy to add the Deep Star into the mix!

Character name: Deep Six
Global Handle: @Riptide6

Super group: Deep Star

Passcode: DEEP-16353

Contributors: None

screenshot_200910-22-23-23.jpg

screenshot_200910-22-12-30.jpg

screenshot_200906-15-41-32.jpg

screenshot_200913-01-57-40.jpg

screenshot_200913-01-57-12.jpg

Edited by Chimeran42
  • Like 2

Proudly presenting L'Alliance des Justiciers. Some rooms may need minor improvements but most of it is here 🙂

Character name: Sylph
Global Handle: @Zed

Super group: Alliances des Justiciers

Shard: Torchbearer

Passcode: ADJ-792

Contributors: None

(Fair warning: particles heavy)

screenshot_200913-00-22-32.thumb.jpg.4dbc781d805f6c80b963febeacd5e39d.jpgscreenshot_200913-00-23-17.thumb.jpg.e0f8c3c59d44aab6f261bb5587203fb3.jpgscreenshot_200913-00-24-03.thumb.jpg.ef4c1f110c35c60213f704dd45bed232.jpgscreenshot_200913-00-24-28.thumb.jpg.626bd7c45a060bcfc4c7f394b461ca8a.jpgscreenshot_200913-00-24-42.thumb.jpg.db3b5cde9b30a04fee7c07a4d986aac7.jpg

• Like 1

Wait, so, you're not taking any tours? The contest is then going to be judged on just 5 screen shots? Which are optional?? I think I may be confused...

After the deadline passes, the Game Masters will take some time to go through each of the entries to pick the winners.

So not only screenshots. Yeah i too have hidden passages but i let them have the excitement of finding some 😃

I think when they say "contributors" they mean, who built it, whether OP or were there others in addition? Maybe they will clarify.

It looks like whoever helped in addition to yourself.

Hope this helps.

If you don't do tours you're going to miss 90% of the base. Screenshots do not nearly give the full value of the ambiance and the little nooks.

I will clairfy - we aren't taking tours *with the people who made the bases*. Someone asked if they could show me around - we will be touring them with the GM team, but wont be taking tours with people due to time constraints. One entry only please 😄

• Like 1

Character Name: Build'Up Bill
Global Handle: @ScarredSilencer
Supergroup Name: Fortune City
SG Base Passcode: CYBERPUNK-14407
Contributor(s): Build'Up Bill@ScarredSilencer

Please be sure to use /vis_scale 6 (or higher)!

NOTES: Please be aware that some areas of the base are accessible via literal doorways. You will miss out on sections if you do not enter through these doorways! There is also a teleporter touchable on one of the sewer grates at the end of a street - this leads to another section of the base!

Current Screenshots as of (9/12/2020) [Base is always WIP, but entering it anyway]:
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

UPDATED WITH MAP OF BASE, FOR TOURS:
spacer.png

Edited by ScarredSilencer
Updated with map of the base for visitors
  • Like 11

• Community Rep

Okay, on the one entry only please, thing...um. I've got bases I've made for people on several servers. They belong to them, but I made them, and I know of several bases where there are several contributors. Does that mean that first base in is the only one that can be entered? Or is it one per base owner, regardless of if someone who contributed is entered with another base?

-Dacy

• Thanks 1

• Community Rep

In other words, are you limiting the entry to one per base owner, or is the base builder the determining factor? If that builder is a contributor on another base, is one of the bases now ineligible? Can someone enter a base as the owner but still be a contributor on another base that's entered?

-Dacy (Sorry for all the questions!)

• Thanks 1

If you were the sole contributor to other bases, I would prefer they weren't submitted, but there isn't anyway to actually police that. If you are a contributor to another base, that is fine - but you can only receive rewards once. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GM Miss said:
  • Your character name (the character with the red star)
  • Your global handle
  • Your Supergroup name
  • The shard you’re on
  • The passcode for entering the Supergroup base
  • The character names or global handles of any Supergroup members that contributed to building the base (up to a maximum of five, including yourself if you contributed)
  • OPTIONAL: Up to five screenshots of your base
  • One entry only please.
  • Radiated Gravity 
  • @nanometer
  • Travelers
  • Reunion
  • travel-5254
  • Radiated Gravity  

Travelers-SG-base-0002.jpg

Travelers-SG-base-0004.jpg

Travelers-SG-base-0009.jpg

Travelers-SG-base-0015.jpg

Travelers-SG-base-0018.jpg

• Like 1

Why not, just for fun...

Character: Wuigly Squigly

Global: @KingofMonkeys

SG: Anti Unwise Council

Shard: Torchbearer

Passcode: Pizza-2544

Builder: @KingofMonkeys

Nightcastle

screenshot_200814-05-45-39.thumb.jpg.e96179ef72ea475ff8069debb8188458.jpg

An enchanted medieval island. Includes:

Castle

* Moat

* Great Keep

* Guard Walls / 4 Guard Turrets

* Crystal Dungeon

* Secret Chamber

* Cellar of Fire

Town

* Storage

* Blacksmith

* Market

* Drunk Dragon Pub

* Arena

* Graveyard / Crypt

Grounds

* North / South docks

* Hedgemaze

* Pumpkin Patch

* Witch Hut

* Sword in the stone

* 4 Magic orbs: Strength (Red) , Courage (Yellow), Wisdom (Green) and Spirit (Purple)

* Numbers 1-9 scattered in the same way badges might be scattered on a map, can you find them all?

* Doors work a certain way due to limited access to in-base teleport points and there are a few that are one-way. The front doors to the keep are locked, how does one go about getting inside? Try jumping through a window, or you can take the secret entrance through the dungeon, which is to the left of the keep entrance. All doors that go anywhere should have a small glow and be clickable. You will have to explore and see where they go. There are a few ways to get inside the castle walls, and one or two ways to get out.

* The first 2 griffin statues near the entrance can be clicked on for buying/selling/leveling up, and the 2 on

the other side of the front gate can be used as tailor/nurse as well for convenience.

* The stonehedge portals right next to the entrance are organized by Hero/Villain/Other, other being co-op zones and some of the other more commonly accessed places.

* Local legend speaks of a slumbering dragon in a cave somewhere beneath the island, but this is unconfirmed..

/visscale 7 recommended!

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 5

Whoa, dude.  I knew this part of community was going nuts, but I had no idea just how nuts.

There has got to be a way to harness this power for evil... I mean good...  I mean for the good of the game.  Some way to work these places into actual maps to play on or something. 

These are just stellar.

• Like 4

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝