Would something like this be of interest to anyone?

Bopper

Okay, so I was muddling about with the file trying to see if I could get something working and at the moment it is super fighting against me. I will fully admit I am by no means an Excel wizard, but digging through some tutorials to check what I was attempting, still didn't work. HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP would've been fast ways to call data sets, couldn't get Excel to stop arguing with me about linking context from other sheets. Pivot Tables I feel could possibly work, but I'd have to spend more time looking at how to call data repeatedly for it, at least the info would be consistent and in the same place... it sort of makes the most sense but I was hoping for something less complicated.

I'm pretty sure I have something toggled somewhere because I also can't get it to display cell formulas after they're input which is driving me nuts (plus I haven't done anything in Excel in forever, and realistically it was OpenOffice before).

tl;dr Wanted to see if an idea I had to give a cleaner centralized display page would work, but I essentially lack the Excel Magic to make it happen at the moment. I'm going to try and see if I can sneak a peak at file we use at work that magics together 365 days of data tables through 15 categories and get an idea of whether I could dupe that.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, Bopper said:

Last I recall, the attack was bugged. I don't honestly know if it ever got fixed. It used to not take the enhancements that you slotted, so you couldn't enhance the damage and the procs wouldn't fire. Some have said that was fixed, but I have not seen anyone show evidence of that.

Coincidentally, I was just testing Spring Attack on beta against test dummies, Pylons and regular mobs and was surprised to see that it doesn't proc at all. I've got it slotted with 3 common procing enhancements (Scirocco's, Obliteration and Explosive Strike) and after dozen's of activations, I never once saw it proc. The damage did seems to scale with Fury but I didn't test enhancements beyond the procs. I'll do some more testing and see if it scales with damage enhancements. As you mentioned earlier, it does two hits for smashing damage to the "primary" target (one greater, one lesser) then hits other mobs only for the lesser damage. Very unimpressive....

Update: I validated that damage enhancements don't modify the damage for Spring Attack (as Bopper suggested).

Edited by nom_w_nom
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:40 AM, FoulVileTerror said:

Excel file.  Opening it in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6.  Opening XLSX files normally doesn't cause this kind of slowdown.   I just tested with a few other XLSX files, and all of them opened within 1 second.

I saved your spreadsheet file in to the native ODS format for OpenOffice, and shaved almost half the file size, but it still takes over 15 seconds to open for some reason.  

I'll try rebooting my whole system later, and see if that changes anything.

Same for me, so think it is an OpenOffice issue. I can live with it though after saving as an ods it's not so bad.

And cheers Bopper. This is something I needed I had no idea I needed!

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Just a quick update on this. @Omega-202, RubyRed fixed her tool, so it now shows the proper damage for Spring Attack. The issue also seemed to impact things like Martial Arts and Radiation, so lots of good updates there. However, due to finding out how CoH handles things like Spring Attack has made me realize I need to overhaul my program to better handle these Requires conditionals. So I'll be spending time redesigning the code structure and hopefully will create a tool that is a bit more robust. So, no updates in the mean time, but for folks who want accurate data, use RubyRed's API tool (link in my signature, also can be found in the tools forum).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Made a new update (check original post for the excel spreadsheet). Shout out to @carroto for assisting on magnitude expressions. I added a simple tweak to my tool to recognize when a magnitude expression is being used to scale the damage scale. This is a big fix for many Snipe attacks. For example, a scale of 2.28 might be used, but is multiplied by 0.3 and 0.7 to split the damage to 30% smashing and 70% energy. My original tool didn't handle this and would see two effects that were both 2.28 scale and added them up to become 4.56 scale.

Although this was mainly an issue with Snipes, there could be some other examples that this fix would address (if not on live, potentially in future releases as magnitude expressions become more common).

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

• 4 weeks later

If any testers are interested, this is the Issue 27 version of the spreadsheet, currently on Beta.

CoH_Homecoming_of_Data_I27_P1_20201023.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1