I don't like how Titan Weapon plays

MrSnottyPants

4 minutes ago, JnEricsonx said:

Momentum is love, Momentum is life.   I have a TW/WP brute and I love it.

This.  But yes TW is a bit of slog early on.  You will sometimes feel like a car starting up on a cold day, but once you get humming, it is a great ride.  Mine TW is a scrapper and easily one of the most fun powersets that I play.  The sheer carnage that you can do when momentum is going is grin worthy.

I recommend reading this guide:

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

• 2 weeks later

You'll always have to deal with slow activation times to get momentum for a little while until being slow again.  Personally, I don't mind it as it is thematic for my character swinging a energy sword the size of a telephone pole.  The attacks do more damage to offset this, but they have announced that they are planning to 'rework' this set which sounds like a nerf.  Especially if they are just looking at damage powers for a single attack rather than considering each aspect of the power.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/17/2020 at 4:28 AM, MrSnottyPants said:

It's the very slow activation bits - a pet peeve for me.  Before I give up on the character, am I missing something?  You have to spend half of your time swinging really slow, right?

You........don't.....like.....how......Titan......Weapon.....PLAYS.....?

Me.....neither.....

*Anxiety attacks waiting for the weapons to activate...

Azrael.

not a very good set clunky high end cost forced redraw on the plus side is the damage but thats really mostly a 50 thing with a full slotting rather pricey at that my TW/Bio is using 4x purple set with a 5 slotting 2x superior ATO sets makes things dissapear but is entirely unfun to play past killing and AV GM or for some obscure reason hitting a pylon while solo

I have a TW tank, and, yes, it's slow getting the momentum up.  And if you miss on the 1st swing, it tends to take a bit longer to get it going.  Titan Weapons have been well commented on for being over powered elsewhere in the forums, so a nerf is not unexpected.  I look at it like I NEVER get the 1st shot in - EVER.  But once I get started, the high damage starts to balance the slow startup. 

Is it frustrating?  Yes. 

Is it Endurance hungry?  Oh, yes, but I can slot that problem to manageableness.  

I find that I can't do individual attacks here - I have to stack then - always have the next attack clicked.  Or else, I loose the momentum (not the momentum power) of the attacks and have to get it going again with the slow 1st attack.  Which also means I have to manage the recharge times.  It takes a trick and some planning (which I am not the best at).  Luckily, with the the damage being handed out, most mobs are down when I run out of attacks and I have to wait for something to recharge.

I'm not the most efficient player, nor am I a Min/Maxer.  I think the game should be more fun than work, and I play it to that point.  Honestly, I don't know how to build toons the highest efficiency, and that's ok for me.  I'm just grateful the City is back.

There's a kind of rhythm to playing TW.  After queueing up a slow attack you can fire of your two Momentum attacks as soon as they come off cooldown. 

I find it simple to play, after practicing with it.  Also it doesn't play right till it's built out, because your cooldowns will not be fast enough. 

My rotation is to alternate between of the powers:  Arc, Rend Armor and Titan Sweep and then use the Momentum powers Whirling Smash and Follow Thru.

Also Defensive Sweep stacks Defense like other Defensive powers and is great for keeping up Melee Defense.

Have they altered the animations at all? The main reason I haven't even tried TW yet is that when I choose it in the character creator and view the attacks my immediate response is "uh... no". Especially whatever that arc attack is where they sort of fumble around and then stick the pointy end into the ground.

Also the weapon tends to clip through the hands in the ready stance, and there appears to be no no-redraw option.

If they just put a little love into the aesthetics I'd give it a shot.

Edited by Furiant

I avoid all the gimmicky sets.  Combos, Momentum, etc.  I did run a Kin Melee I liked, more for concept than anything.  It became practically a ranged melee toon.  short to medium range, but still.  I tried war mace for a while.  Then I noticed the animation was just the one arm moving up and down like a Christmas nutcracker soldier (which gives an idea for a holiday toon....)

Which...leaves me with truly slim pickings for my beloved Brute Army.  I am gobsmacked at the news they are doing ANYTHING for Energy Melee.  Just an honest medium of the road fix, all I ask.  i have run it as is out of lack of options, but at deep game it gives up AoE and power for....nothing, because it was gutted in an overenthusiastic nerf