No opportunities for Knight Errant badge

Shocktacular

Is the Paladin Construction event in Kings Row still happening?  What event message do you get for it?  I've been looking for it for the past couple months and haven't seen anything.  Is this event even running on Homecoming servers?  Does it just get wiped out too quickly?  What's the deal?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

When is the Tuesday maintenance, exactly?

And how do I get in touch with a GM?  Are they even on during non-peak hours?  What time would you recommend to do this?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

18 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

When is the Tuesday maintenance, exactly?

And how do I get in touch with a GM?  Are they even on during non-peak hours?  What time would you recommend to do this?

Either through the Homecoming Discord or by submitting an in game ticket.  For a zone spawn, discord might be best.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/26-city-of-heroes-homecoming-discord-server/

• 3 weeks later
On 9/17/2020 at 5:29 PM, Shocktacular said:

Is the Paladin Construction event in Kings Row still happening?  What event message do you get for it?  I've been looking for it for the past couple months and haven't seen anything.  Is this event even running on Homecoming servers?  Does it just get wiped out too quickly?  What's the deal?

Follow up on this (as I am working to get this badge as well). 

Forum goers discussed previously, may provide more clarity:

Though the spawn pattern seems disrupted due to the Halloween Event.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Thanks Glacier.   That thread is a bit old, though (latter half of 2019), so I'm not sure it still works the same way.

I happened upon it while searching how to get the badge myself. Needless to say, the bug of the event not resetting still exists.

Edit: Well what do you know! I happened to log out yesterday in front of the Kings Row bank after looking for the Paladin, and when I logged back in this evening he was literally right in front of me! I managed to summon my lore pets, throw some -regen, and solo this guy in just a few minutes. And I got the Knight Errant badge AND temp power!

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

When exactly is the reset?

Well Uk time atm means we get the reset every tuesday at 13:30 london time, lasts for approx 45 minutes.

It is an easy kill when you do get it.

Also I have asked for a GM help to reset the Brickstown event which gets bugged often and have always had that done in a couple of hours so don’t be worried about asking for the Kings to be reset. Just check back every couple of hours till they get it sorted.

• Retired Developer

I'm sorry it's so temperamental (even though I have no responsibility for it), but we are considering internally how to best improve and modify this event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Just remove the Shining Stars from the event.  I imagine they're the element which is gumming up the works.

Not quite. But they won't be leaving the event, I'm hoping to just rekajigger their participation.

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

I weirdly managed to do this during the week and got the temp power but not the badge.  

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 9/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, Ura Hero said:

Or if you happen to be on during non-peak hours you can ask a GM nicely to spawn a new Kings Row zone for you.

This actually works, GM Crumpet spawned Kings Row 2 for myself and a Giant Monster team I was on so we could fight Paladin, it was great to be able to have such interaction and quick results from the Devs.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Retired Lead Game Master

Yes to confirm, GMs can easily make a new Kings Row, resetting the event.

Just submit a ticket (Menu, Support in game)  and a GM can create a Kings Row 2 for you if a GM is available.

The original Kings Row will slowly drain as people leave, and then close down.

Please do form a good sized party or league so the most people can enjoy it.

Edited by GM Kal
  • Like 1